Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why was he in there, he is meant to fight for the world title. this is so stupid, they could have put someone else instead of him, this was dumb. I know i am going to get flamed cause i did not use the raw discussion thread but still i do not really care.

·
Registered
317 Posts
To build the Christian/Sheamus feud. Sheamus cost christian a championship so christian did the same to Sheamus. Also gotta get him on the show somewhere hes very over right now.

·
All Out
2,790 Posts
He was US Champ last year. He's still being built towards going for another Heavyweight Title victory though. He'll probably fight Henry at some point....

·
I am Jack's broken heart
7,445 Posts
It's actually a really great story once you think about it. Sheamus cost Christian on S-Down! the World Title, and in turn Christian cost Sheamus a title. Think about it.

·
Registered
826 Posts
It wasn't hurting anyone, so what's the point complaining about it? It wasn't a step back for Sheamus, it was basically a way to build up Sheamus/Christian at HIAC. If you remember, Sheamus technically cost Christian the WHC on Smackdown, so Christian one up'd him and cost him the IC Title on Raw. Do you see now why he was in the match?

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
It got him on the show and furthered his feud with Christian, that's why. Wouldn't you rather see Christian screw him over in a match to keep things hot instead of another promo?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
It furthered the Christian/Sheamus feud and it also adds a bit of credibility to Cody's win. Instead of throwing out Alex Riley to win, he eliminated a main evener, albeit it in a heel type fashion, but that's expected.

Not to mention no one will remember he was in this match in a few weeks, so it's harmless.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
He isn't in a world title match so why not win a different chMpionship? I always love it when guys win a world title and then move back down the card. It gets other guys over and can make the second tier titles look important.

More importantly, who gives a shit?

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
I feel like Sheamus is on the level of guys like Christian and Daniel Bryan in being upper mid carders and occasional main eventers (perhaps bryan full time soon). So putting Sheamus in the IC battle didn't really make sense for me and it was obvious he wasn't going to win it the whole way so putting him in the final two just puts no suspense or excitement in it. WWE just threw him in there for an excuse storyline for Christian "You cost me a title and Now I cost you a title" when in reality Sheamus is above the IC title in the way it is sadly presents currently. I'm liking the way they are building Rhodes right now though and he's doing solid so the prestige for the IC belt should be rising slowly as long as they give the guy somebody to fuckin feud with besides the #2 guy in the company where you know how that's going to end.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Jobbers wrestle over the IC title, the IWC complains.

Upper midcarders wrestle over the IC title, the IWC complains.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
I think it's only good for the image of the IC title, brings back some prestige to it having upper midcarders/main eventers competing for it, plus it gets Cody more over as well.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
it furthered the christian-sheamus feud. you had to put him on the show. and it brings a little prestige to the IC title seeing that one of the topguys in the company is fighting for it. once upon a time, the IC title was for the #2 guy.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts