Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't understand why one of my threads were closed? There was no swearing or anything to offend anyone. It had only been on for around a day, and it got closed somehow. Anyone know why??

·
Don't Call it a Comeback
9,999 Posts
I closed it for two reasons: one was the example you used had nothing do to with your question. Second whenever that example is brought up, Montreal, it always goes down the same road we've been down time and time again. The same discussion of who screwed who. You can ask your question again, just if you provide an example make sure it has to do with the topic.

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
Your threads aren't too bad and there does seem to be a little over-active modding depending on opinion. However, in future you might want to put more substance into your posts to spark more discussion. If you present your topic in a professional and well thought out way, it will not be closed.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
There is over-active modding, without question, and certain mods are a little warning point-happy at the moment.

Threads shouldn't be closed/warning points given for spam, just because you disagree with what a poster has said.

·
Banned
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it wasnt the screwjob one and if everyone feels that way I just wont make them anymore

·
Banned
27 Posts
Dont decide to not make threads, just make better ones ;)

------------------------

Now you say it wasn’t for the ‘Screw Job’ thread and I has been indicated that it was for the ‘John Cena’ thread.

I looked over your posts after reading the reasoning that OH3:16 had given and found the following errors in the following text:

Here are the two posts that 'thats_cool' posted in the thread:

When Cena was a bad guy (heel), his mic skills were a lot better. Come on agree!!? If any of you have seen Cenas home video and saw the promos he pulls off on it are unbelievably funny! For example when he does the grave yard promos takin piss out of taker! He used to actually rap and rhyme but now he just comes out with loads of random shite!!
Now I have “bolded” the errors I found that may have contributed to the closure of the thread, or not as the case may be:

When Cena was a bad guy (heel), his microphone(mic is not a correct abbreviation and this could be some ‘bad English’ that 3:16 finds unacceptable) skills were a lot better. Come on agree!!?(Maybe some excessive punctuation?) If any of you have seen Cenas home video and saw the promos he pulls off on it are unbelievably funny! For example when he does the grave yard promos taking(the correct spelling would include the ‘G’) piss out of taker! He used to actually rap and rhyme but now he just comes out with loads of random shite!(Maybe some excessive punctuation?)(I am guessing that the word ‘shite’ has been used to avoid the censorship, however the word ‘shit’ is not censored so it could have been used)

--

Admit it was more entertainin though
Admit it was more entertaining(the correct spelling would include the ‘G’) though.

--

Now here is the reasoning and the post he posted from 3:16:

Dude...learn how to speak english before you make another braindead thread.
Dude...Learn(L should be capitalised as it is following a full stop / period)how to speak English(E should be capitalised as it is the name of a country (a good one too;)))before you make another brain dead (brain dead is two words)thread.

------------------------

Now I think if a moderator is going to close a good active thread with on-topic posting due to not ‘speaking’ English correctly then he/she should at least try and make their post perfect.

------------------------

I'm done. I just wanted to help the guy out.

N

·
0 Posts
sladester100, that was a nice e-mail you sent Amish. Very touching. But unfortunately for you, I don't care. Return again and we shall see how you are 'dealt' with.

(I didn't read your post entirely; just the end. No, learn didn't have to be capitalized after an ellipse. It's a pause, not a new sentence. Die.)

·
Banned
1 Posts
hey nitemare

**** u mother****er ur a stupid guiled **** im going put ur ass in a bear trap bitch so go eat an elephant **** u fagboy

N

·
0 Posts
The original message of "hey nitemare" got you banned. The edit you made is just a plus...

·
Banned
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DID THE SUBJECT CHANGE SOMEWHERE DOWN THE LINE?? WHAT E-MAIL IS EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT?

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
You don't need to know. You've had an explanation for your thread being closed, let's leave it at that.

·
Banned
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
okay!
But Im a little shocked that you would close it because of something like that. I think I have seen worse grammer. It seems a bit silly to close a thread because of a few short grammar mistakes.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I never closed a thread unless it's a stupid topic, or it's been discussed before. I wouldn't close a thread because of bad grammar. I'd just edit the post so it was readable.

N

·
0 Posts
You should not edit people's posts because of bad spelling, grammar (notice the spelling? ya), or punctuation, A-Dust.

·
Banned
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pyro said:
I never closed a thread unless it's a stupid topic, or it's been discussed before. I wouldn't close a thread because of bad grammar. I'd just edit the post so it was readable.
I dont see why my thread was stupid. I can see why you would close it because its already been done.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts