Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so confused about this, because Kylie failed to turn up to Impact's biggest show of the year on such short notice.
If she was contracted, she had to be in breach of it.
Now I understand that her having mental health issues may have been a bit of a grey area. But that being said; she went on to wrestle and / or make appearances at several indie bookings in 2021, proving she was still able to compete shortly thereafter.
Heck even Impact helped broker a deal for her to join NWA recently.
This just proves to me that any Impact talent could leave tomorrow on mental health grounds and there'd be no repercussions for them whatsoever.
What the hell is going on here?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Impact probably don't want to be seen coming down hard on someone who well know for having mental health issues? Remember when they tried suing Matt Hardy over the "Broken" gimmick and the backlash they got? That what they're likely to be trying to avoid. If they had helped get her into the NWA maybe they're also hoping that it will improve the relationship between the company new management and Billy Corgan?

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Impact was trying to build her as their top female babyface. She claims she's retiring from wrestling only to come back what... 6 months later? why should AEW, WWE or Impact ever want to trust her again? guess she can stay in smaller companies but I wouldn't be surprised at this point if she leaves NWA spontaneously for "personal reasons" and claims she's retiring again only to show up in ROH or somewhere else after changing her mind again.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
The already mentioned PR nightmare for also probably very little financial gain.
If somebody would leave to WWE or AEW with some tricks they might sue, but there's simply nothing notable to win for them in this case.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
It seems like she has issues no matter where she is. Sounds like more trouble than she's worth. Didn't she retire when she was in AEW, then un-retire soon after?

Reactions: HBK Styles Ospreay

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
It seems like she has issues no matter where she is. Sounds like more trouble than she's worth. Didn't she retire when she was in AEW, then un-retire soon after?
She claims to have anxiety issues, which is why I don't understand why she keeps trying to come back. But, maybe NWA will be ok for her tho? They seemed to have a very tiny studio/crowds the 1 time I watched Powerr

·
Registered
305 Posts
The reality is Impact is too low on the totem poll to be suing some random nobody for breach of contract and she's too low to be worth suing so just wish her well and push this temperamental non-entity off on to another organisation and keep stepping

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Honestly, why would they try to sue her when she clearly has anxiety issues. Not only would that cause issues for Impact with some of the talent with how they can treat them if they have similar issues in the future, but imagine the PR nightmare. Impact has done a lot to work themselves out of the TNA stench and all of the drama from that + the issues they had with Matt Hardy and the Broken universe, so best to move on.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
She claims to have anxiety issues, which is why I don't understand why she keeps trying to come back.
Has she directly stated that? Maybe I missed it, from what I remember from her she stayed vague. I think anxiety is just the dominating internet speculation. It could of course be true, but I think there has never been a precise statement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts