Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever Savage seemed to be getting some momentum in those years, There was Hogan to remind people that he was the man, not Randy.

-When Randy was getting beat down by wrestlers after his intercontinental title shot, there was miss Elizabeth bringing in the mighty hulk Hogan to Save the Machoman.

-When Savage won his first title, he only won it because Hulk hogan nailed million Dollar Man with a chair.

-Hulk Hogan would constantly interfere to help the Machoman win his matches as a title holder.

-Hulk Hogan eliminates Machoman in the Royal Rumble, Machoman turns heel for some reason.

-Then Hulk Hogan takes Machoman's title from him at wrestlemania.

I just don't get why they did this, I always felt like Machoman, even though he was already very popular, could have been even more popular.

·
Premium Member
15,182 Posts
It was a good build up to their WM 5 match.

I'm guessing politics played a big part in the angle. They are similar to Orton and Cena, with Cena obviously being the Hogan of the 2. WWE invested alot of time and money into the Hogan character, so it would not be very wise to have him take a backseat to another superstar.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Everyone was in Hogans shadow then. This was the feud that got me into wrestling, I wish feuds today carried on like this one and didn't just end after 1 PPV.

·
Premium Member
15,182 Posts
Everyone was in Hogans shadow then. This was the feud that got me into wrestling, I wish feuds today carried on like this one and didn't just end after 1 PPV.
What made it better than was that you only had 3, 4 PPV's or every 3-4 months. So, it was alot more time to build up the various feuds and they usually kept going in some variation for the entire year.

Another problem with wrestling today, too many PPV's, majority of which are pointless and lack enough buys to remain being produced.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Nice to see most people give Hogan credit for a change.

IMO no matther how popular Savage was at the time. He was not in Hogans leauge. He was McMahons chosen one at the time and McMahon's cashcow. as mentined earleir. It would be stupid to to have Hogan take the backseat to anyone at the time. But when Hogans popularity started to vain. Hogan put over Warrior who was even more popular than Savage ever were.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nice to see most people give Hogan credit for a change.

IMO no matther how popular Savage was at the time. He was not in Hogans leauge. He was McMahons chosen one at the time and McMahon's cashcow. as mentined earleir. It would be stupid to to have Hogan take the backseat to anyone at the time. But when Hogans popularity started to vain. Hogan put over Warrior who was even more popular than Savage ever were.
Actually People always give credit to hogan. He is considered G.O.A.T

1 - 8 of 8 Posts