Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I start, I realise a lot of the people on this forum don't care about Fandango, but I couldn't help but notice that, when the fans starting humming his theme song, they cut out all of the Arena noise and edited the footage so that you can only hear his theme song (the commentator's abruptly stop talking).

I noticed they done the same thing with Zack Ryder last month.

My question is this; why do they seemingly not want to have their talent to be viewed as popular/over with the fans? It's a pretty stupid thing to do.

·
Banned
2,015 Posts
because it's not Roman Reigns.

·
Registered
501 Posts
They probably don't want them to get over by themselves, without their approval. If you make fans think they're unpopular, they'll eventually be unpopular. It's pretty stupid, considering why wouldn't you want your employees to be popular, but that's WWE for you.

·
Banned
7,268 Posts
WWE doesn't want talent getting over on their own.. WWE is not invested in Fandango so they don't want him becoming popular.

·
Banned
6,190 Posts
Because that would make him look popular and he's supposed to be a heel, so they edit the hell out of it to make it appear that people don't actually like him in an attempt to convince viewers that he's not actually more liked than he is hated. This kind of thing is a huge part of the reason why I don't watch Smackdown. It's so unnatural it hurts. There's almost no point of even taping it in front of a crowd.

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow. Just wow.

If anything, that should give WWE more of a reason to push them. If they're over with the crowd purely based on their gimmick, then all WWE need to do is capitalise on that, give them a push, and expand on their merchandise. It's a win-win situation.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Wow. Just wow.

If anything, that should give WWE more of a reason to push them. If they're over with the crowd purely based on their gimmick, then all WWE need to do is capitalise on that, give them a push, and expand on their merchandise. It's a win-win situation.

When it comes to them, logic is thrown out the window. Of course he should be pushed if he's over, I mean how many guys can say they got themselves over with a crappy, dancing gimmick?

·
Registered
501 Posts
When it comes to them, logic is thrown out the window. Of course he should be pushed if he's over, I mean how many guys can say they got themselves over with a crappy, dancing gimmick?
Fandango WAS over with the fandangoing, until WWE buried him further down than JFK. Still can't believe creative took away his "weird" gimmick and turned him into a dancer who doesn't even dance. :no:

·
Registered
230 Posts
because it's not Roman Reigns.
I'd Bo-lieve it.:leslie

WWE pushes talent down our throats and the crowed is dead

Superstar/Diva gets over on their own and they get edited on the B-shows. fpalm

I just don't get why wwe does this. they already have nothing to fill the main event with why are they holding people down? I know people like Ryder and Fandango are not "main event" guys but heck they are something

·
Premium Member
8,556 Posts
:austin That's Justin Gabriel!

WWE wants full control over the content so they can push their storylines and have people focus on them. If guys are running off becoming IWC darlings, it cuts into their show much like the Punk chants do now when they want you to care about Paige and A.J.'s feud more than the impossibility of Punk returning.

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
I don't understand why they'd do this even though his fuckin titantron encourages the crowd to sing along.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts