Wrestling Forum banner

Why The Vince Russo Hate?

4782 Views 40 Replies 30 Participants Last post by  murder
Seriously. The way he's talked about here, you'd think he was responsible for everything wrong in every major wrestling promotion ever.

What's this guy's story?
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Banned
6,072 Posts
Consider yourself lucky if you've been watching for less than a decade. You would never have to sit through the utter dogshit that was WCW in its last two years of existence.

· Registered
4,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Consider yourself lucky if you've been watching for less than a decade. You would never have to sit through the utter dogshit that was WCW in its last two years of existence.
I'm 23. I've been watching for more than a decade. Just off and on. And I was young during my WCW phase. I've got a random memorries of Goldberg's streak, Crow Sting, Rey Mysterio getting unmasked (that was WCW right?), and somebody named Billy Kidman having a 7 year itch. But nothing about Russo. Didn't know who he was till I came here.

· Squared Circle Gimmick
5,566 Posts
True. However, that was 10 years ago.

What's done is done.

For the record, & in case this comes up... No TNA today isn't anywhere near as bad as the WCW 2000 circa.

· Registered
840 Posts
hes so misunderstood, alot of the stuff attributed to him wernt even his ideas in WCW

Reactions: Chain Gang

· Banned
6,072 Posts
True. However, that was 10 years ago.

What's done is done.

For the record, & in case this comes up... No TNA today isn't anywhere near as bad as the WCW 2000 circa.
Impact will never, ever be as fucking god awful as Nitro and Thunder in its dying years. TNA at least has had the decency to create a largely superior in-ring main event product, with the likes of Angle, AJ, Joe, Daniels, and Wolfe. Plus the undercard is hands down superior in terms of match quality (compare MCMG, Lethal, Beer Money, Kaz to 3 Count, Jung Dragons, pre-WWE Rey, and Chavito).

· Banned
8,864 Posts
Pre-WWE Rey was great(Until Bischoff took his mask off).

And regarding the title of the thread.

Mostly for the stuff that happened in WCW(Pole matches, random face/heel turn,etc). About Arquette winning the belt, well it was thanks to Schiavone and of course Russo and Bob Ryder/Terry Taylor/Johnny Ace/Jimmy Hart/etc also liked it.

He was part of the success of the WWF because McMahon was his filter and also he helped to develop the characters of Stone Cold, Rock,HHH,etc. In WCW he never had a filter and well Nitro sucked, and also their audience always preferred wrestling to promos.

Now in TNA, there is no one close to the Rock/Austin/HHH, it just filled with overrated hacks and vanilla midgets. And also its in the Impact Zone(mostly filled with idiotic fans and tourists)

· Registered
26 Posts
Vince Russo and Vince McMahon complete each other non-romantically (we assume) and made two years of sweet booking intercourse together.

Vince McMahon with other head writer's = hit or miss booking.

Vince Russo with other bosses = mentally challenged booking.

He's hated because he's a twit without supervision from a true wrestling mind. Like a child. And his booking decisions since leaving WWE have been 9/10th monumental failure. Not just small failures, but I'm talking about failures (ahem--certain gimmick matches and WCW world champs) that have helped (or encouraged) the wrestling world to go from mainstream acceptance to, once again, a guilty pleasure that only a hillbilly will admit to watching.

· Registered
845 Posts
Vince gets a lot of the uneeded blame and heat put on him imo. There was a shit ton of crap that led to WCW getting killed, it wasn't just Russo. Seriously guys, if he was as shitty as you make him out to be, then TNA probably wouldn't have even lasted half of the 1st year he was hired into TNA. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to even figure THAT out. This guy's just used as a simple scapegoat for the fall of WCW and nothing more. That is why Russo gets a lot of hatred from the wrestling community.

He gets a LOT of credit for apparently "killing" wcw, but it's almost been written out of existence that HE was the one that started the Attitude era.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.