Wrestling Forum banner

Why the Rock is wrestling HHH instead of Brock at WrestleMania 32.

4347 57
http://www.inquisitr.com/2461307/ww...h-instead-of-brock-lesnar-at-wrestlemania-32/
When the rubber match between Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker was made official for October 25, some questions arose. One of which was, who would be facing Lesnar at WrestleMania 32? Because before the Hell in a Cell match was announced, the plan was for “The Beast” and “The Phenom” to lock horns for the final time next March.

Many think that “Stone Cold” Steve Austin will wrestle Lesnar next spring, but Austin has made it clear that he’s not planning on returning to the ring.

After Austin said that he’s not wrestling Lesnar, many believed that The Rock would end up being “The Beast’s” opponent at WrestleMania 32. But, according to the Wrestling Observer, “The People’s Champ” will wrestle Triple H next April in Dallas, Texas.

So, why is The Rock wrestling Triple H instead of Brock Lesnar?

Well, according to Dave Meltzer, The Rock trusts that he can get through a match with Triple H without getting hurt, whereas he’s unsure that he can avoid injury while working with Lesnar, as Lesnar has a very physical style. Also, The Rock probably doesn’t want to be forced to take a barrage of German Suplexes.

“The Rock vs. Triple H thing was decided a long time ago. So, that’s where they’re at. Of course, that’s when Lesnar was going to wrestle Undertaker, but if Lesnar isn’t wrestling Undertaker, The Rock vs. Brock does make more sense if The Rock wants to do that match. I know he did want to do it, but it could be that he trusts Triple H, and he can’t afford to get hurt. He can’t be out there tearing a bunch of muscles, so he has to go with somebody who won’t give him as physical of a match, and he figures that Triple H won’t be quite as physical, or be quite as dangerous.”

WrestleMania 29

During his WWE Championship match with John Cena at WrestleMania 29, The Rock suffered several major injuries, as he tore his abdomen and adductor muscles off the bone.

WWE was planning on starting a year-long Brock Lesnar vs. The Rock feud that would have begun the night after WrestleMania 29. But, due to The Rock’s injuries, WWE had to scrap the plan, and Brock Lesnar ended up wrestling The Undertaker at WrestleMania 30 instead, and he ended up breaking “The Deadman’s” legendary WrestleMania undefeated streak.

The Rock hasn’t had a match since WrestleMania 29, and in an interview several weeks after the event, he said that his match with John Cena could very well have been the last match of his career.

The Rock vs Triple H

The Rock vs Triple H feud began at this past year’s WrestleMania 31, when The Rock and UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey hit the ring, and laid waste to both Triple H and Stephanie McMahon. Most thought that the segment would lead to a mixed tag-team match at WrestleMania 32, but it’s looking like Ronda Rousey won’t be able to appear at the event, as she’ll be busy filming a movie.

So, that leaves us with a one-on-one match with The Rock and Triple H at WrestleMania 32. Some have suggested that The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar, and Triple H vs. Seth Rollins makes more sense. However, Rollins may be wrestling Brock Lesnar if Steve Austin is really out of the picture.

WWE will probably do the Rollins vs. Triple H match at some point in the future, but for now, they’re planning on having The Rock take on “The Game” in Dallas next year.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

· Registered
882 Posts
The only reason why I'd want to see Brock vs Rock at this point is so that Rock could beat him with a fucking people's elbow and make the entire roster look like shit in comparison.

Maybe then people will realize that these Brock faux squash matches are fucking stupid and HAVE been fucking stupid since the first one with Cena.

· Banned
13,624 Posts
Its what I said all along. If Rock got hurt facing Cena, then he will for sure get hurt facing Brock. Hollywood is more important to Rock then WWE he is not going to risk delaying movies for a match with Brock. So HHH is option 2.

· Registered
3,350 Posts
Didn't expect Rock to get hurt in that match with Cena and if he faced Brock at Wrestlemania, it wouldn't vote too well for the Great One so better to have him face Hunter because of what happened at WM 31.

· Registered
19,757 Posts
I wanna know why HHH is expected to face anyone else but Rollins at Wrestlemania. That's what I wanna fucking know.

· Banned
14,762 Posts
I love the Rock more than most wrestlers I've ever watched in my life, professionally and personally, but this is really fucking lame. A lame excuse, and if this is the case then he shouldn't even be competing. The Rock more than likely isn't settling for anything but the main event. So your main event is going to be a non-title match between the Rock, whose last match was horrible and showed that he's really not in ring shape at this point, and HHH, who's a roid monster and probably in a little better ring shape than the Rock, but he's slow. So your main event is going to be a slow and boring match with absolutely NOTHING on the line, and no real story behind it, no new stars being made from it, all on top of being a match that we've already seen a hundred times 15 years ago, and between two guys who won't be there in a week. And it isn't like Rock/HHH is that money rivalry that fans are clamoring for, because that would be Rock/Austin. When Rock came back to do the HOF before he ever did the Mania host stuff, remember what they were chanting??? "Austin/Rocky....ONE MORE MATCH..." How many people were chanting "Rocky/Hunter....." ??? :lol Nobody fucking cares about this match. It's just a lame filler substitute, and a way for HHH to get his name in the main event again.

While I'm glad the Rock isn't going to retire on that awful Cena/Rock II match, I still wish he'd take into account what he's doing here. Basically holding the show hostage and putting on a match that should be beneath him.

· Banned
13,624 Posts
Yawn, give Rock a fresh opponent. HHH needs to stay on the management side instead of preventing a younger talent from facing Rock.
Expect Rock as full say on who he faces. So this is decision not HHHs.

· Banned
14,762 Posts
I wanna know why HHH is expected to face anyone else but Rollins at Wrestlemania. That's what I wanna fucking know.
Seriously, and this is part of what I mean with my post. They've allegedly been burying Rollins for a year because he's supposed to look like an asshole in comparison to HHH, so they can eventually feud. Well....it's nearly fucking November. You're not going to feud him this year. And you're booked for Mania with Rock. So.....when the fuck are you going to put him over? Rollins has been your year long project, but he's not even worth a Mania match?? Or a feud any time soon?

· Premium Member
35,020 Posts
Yep, Triple H facing anyone other than Rollins at WM32 is an absolute waste. A Triple H vs The Rock match is a dead end and benefits no one. It is barren as far as storylines goes, puts over no young talent, there would be nothing on the line and it is a match no one is asking for.

· TAFKA KroKro
2,699 Posts
To be fair if what they say is true it makes a lot of sense. I know a lot of us here severely dislike Triple H, or think he isn't a huge deal, but he did put over The Shield, which was nice, and Daniel Bryan too. I know what he did to Sting may SEEM unforgivable, but Sting IS older, a LOT older. Still, neither man should have been in that match it should have been someone who could use the victory over a legend like Sting (Bray Wyatt... instead of just losing to The Undertaker after carrying the feud... ahem.)

Now we DO have two big names, yes, Triple H is a big name, maybe not the same ilk as Austin, Rock, or Hogan, but Triple H has been a centerpiece to the WWE for a long time. Is it the best choice? No. Of course it isn't the best choice. But if The Rock needs a guy he can trust and already has loads of experience with Triple H is the perfect choice, absolutely perfect.

· Banned
13,624 Posts
Rollins vs HHH will happen eventually. I personally don't want Rock to wrestle ever again as he had the perfect last match.

· Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The only reason why I'd want to see Brock vs Rock at this point is so that Rock could beat him with a fucking people's elbow and make the entire roster look like shit in comparison.

Maybe then people will realize that these Brock faux squash matches are fucking stupid and HAVE been fucking stupid since the first one with Cena.
You sound like a bitter Cena fan....lol

· Premium Member
35,020 Posts
Seriously, and this is part of what I mean with my post. They've allegedly been burying Rollins for a year because he's supposed to look like an asshole in comparison to HHH, so they can eventually feud. Well....it's nearly fucking November. You're not going to feud him this year. And you're booked for Mania with Rock. So.....when the fuck are you going to put him over? Rollins has been your year long project, but he's not even worth a Mania match?? Or a feud any time soon?
Word. There would be absolutely no point to Seth's storyline if it doesn't culminates in him turning face and entering a feud with Triple H that ends in a match between them at WM32 with Triple H putting Seth over.

· Banned
13,624 Posts
Losing to Cena is the perfect last match?
Walked in as WWE champ, faced the biggest superstar in the company, was the last match on the card, and it was in front of the 2nd largest WM crowd of all time.

To me it doesn't get any better then that to an a career on. Every wrestler should always lose their last match and go out on their back.

· Banned
14,762 Posts
To be fair if what they say is true it makes a lot of sense. I know a lot of us here severely dislike Triple H, or think he isn't a huge deal, but he did put over The Shield, which was nice, and Daniel Bryan too. I know what he did to Sting may SEEM unforgivable, but Sting IS older, a LOT older. Still, neither man should have been in that match it should have been someone who could use the victory over a legend like Sting (Bray Wyatt... instead of just losing to The Undertaker after carrying the feud... ahem.)

Now we DO have two big names, yes, Triple H is a big name, maybe not the same ilk as Austin, Rock, or Hogan, but Triple H has been a centerpiece to the WWE for a long time. Is it the best choice? No. Of course it isn't the best choice. But if The Rock needs a guy he can trust and already has loads of experience with Triple H is the perfect choice, absolutely perfect.
It's not that it's an awful idea all together, it's just an awful idea for a Mania main event. If they threw this together to main event one of their bullshit PPVs, like they did with Brock/Taker, that would be fine. Doing it at Mania, and most likely in the Mania main event, is the issue here.
TheShieldSuck said:
I dont want to see Rock or HHH wrestle again TBH. They are both done. Maybe Rock should have come back in 2006-2007 when he was younger.

Also fuck Rock if he comes back roided again.
I know you're just talking shit, but I actually agree. Rock got himself hurt last time around, because Rock came in roided out of his mind, and wasn't in ring shape. If you can't get in shape, then don't come back. And if getting in shape means roiding out to the point where you're just going to hurt yourself unless you work a soft, slow match with a soft, slow opponent like HHH, then you shouldn't come back at all, because you are not a wrestler anymore.

· Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Walked in as WWE champ, faced the biggest superstar in the company, was the last match on the card, and it was in front of the 2nd largest WM crowd of all time.

To me it doesn't get any better then that to an a career on. Every wrestler should always lose their last match and go out on their back.
Cena is only the biggest supperstar when Lesnar isn't around.

SummerSlam 2014 proved that and Cena has been mid card ever since.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.