Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
-He is 13 time champion,Triple H having the most reigns at 8 time WWE champion
-The Biggest star of last decade
-DX and Evolution's Team leader

why?

·
i ain't got no type
1,490 Posts
Re: i don't get it why people never consider HHH on the same level with Hogan/3:16/R

He is 13 time champion,why?????:mad::mad::mad::confused:
Because Vince is his father in law, that is the only reasonable explanation.

But in all fairness he is a great athlete all around, he has mic skills, he gets good fan reactions whether he be heel or face, He knows plenty of moves, he always excites me personally in the ring and in promos, so I don't know what the hell you are talking about. Plus he's the only one from the 1996 era to make it to 2010, So I guess that might be why? Because he's wrestled so long and not given up on the company.

EDIT: I got confused by your title, and thought you were asking why people do consider him up there.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
Re: i don't get it why people never consider HHH on the same level with Hogan/3:16/R

I like him, just a lot of people (myself included admittedly) can't overlook that he all but slept his way to the very top.

·
The Man
25,722 Posts
exactly cuz he married the bosses daughter. HHH is on top with those 2 i think. HE is awesome as a heel and as a face. Austin cant say that i know. They all worked together and made eachother look legendary no doubt about it. I know it was alot of the Austin and Rock that ppl will remember though. I would put HHH with them no matter who he is married to. He has more charisma in one nail than some of todays stars. plus he was good in the ring. Rock and Austin werent superstar wrestlers anyway. and speaking of that i would put Kurt Angle up there with them just cuz when he was in wwe he was competeing against them alot. His legacy has been tarnished by going to TNA though even if he is still a wrestling machine.

·
Banned
858 Posts

I like him, just a lot of people (myself included admittedly) can't overlook that he all but slept his way to the very top.
What!?:shocked:

I always thought the sexual tension between him and Shawn was just part of the show!

·
Premium Member
19,333 Posts
He's on the same level as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
my first guess would be b/c he's not anywhere near their level.

Reactions: VLR

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
Hogan, Austin and Rock were all number one flag-bearing babyfaces for the company at some points - and HHH just isn't that type of guy (maybe because Austin and Rock were so good in their roles)

He's a great worker who's better used working with the number one guy, not being the number one guy IMO. His fueds with Austin and Rock back in the day were great, he's just not as effective a top babyface.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Title reigns means nothing anymore. Look at Edge for example.

HHH never cross over to mainstream. He's not a draw without DX attach to his name.

·
Banned
4,479 Posts
He'll always be looked at as someone who weaseled his way to get to where he is.
He's good in the ring , great on the mic , but he pulled soooooooo many strings behind the scenes.
Hogan did too to a point but he was a god way before that started.
Austin clawed his way up from the bottom. Fired from WCW , short term in ECW then BAMMMM super star.
Rock finally found a genius gimmick and thrived in a TV-14 era.

HHH picks up the phone... "hey Vince , I want the belt this month"

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Because he isn't and this is coming from a huge Triple H mark. Austin, Rock and Hogan are in a league of their own. Everybody else comes after them. Everybody except Flair who is up there with them but for different reasons. To reach that level you really do need to be a God. I would put Trips at the next level down which is where I would also have HBK and Taker. Then you have the next tier down which would be Eddie, Hart and the list goes on etc.

He's always going to have an asterisk beside his name because of who he's married to. There are always going to be idiots that blindly ignore the fact that he was a champion before he met Stephanie and flat out deny that he is extremely talented at what he does and I find that very unfortunate. It must suck to go what he goes through and then have some internet know it all call your career worthless. But I consider him to be at the level just under the Holy Trinity (+ Flair lol) and I fully believe he has every right to be there.

·
Asuka
96,568 Posts
-He is 13 time champion,Triple H having the most reigns at 8 time WWE champion
Hogan had ONE reign last for FOUR YEARS. That's why he's not the most reigning WWE Champion, cause he didn't fucking give the belt up. The Rock left to do movies, and Austin had too many injuries. Had Austin and Rock stayed, they'd have 20 reigns by now. Triple H only has the most reigns because he stayed, and Cena and Orton will easily surpass his amount of reigns.

-The Biggest star of last decade

-DX and Evolution's Team leader
So?

Because he just isn't, it's that simple. Hogan, Austin and Rock are the 3 most over wrestlers in wrestling history. They're the figureheads of wrestling, Triple H isn't. He's not even on the level of Flair or Goldberg.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Titles and Win/Loss records don't really mean much in Pro Wrestling so Triple H being a 13 time world champion while Austin is a 6 time, Rock a 9 time(won't put Hogan because I really don't remember how many world titles he has won) doesn't matter much. I mean, Great Khali is a one time World champion, does that make him bigger than Roddy Piper? Hell no.

DX was pretty much an nWo ripoff and while very popular they were nowhere near Austin, Rock and Hogan. DX aren't even the greatest stable in history, that's either nWo or the 4 Horsemen.
As for Evolution, another ripoff faction this time a 4 Horsemen ripoff with Triple H trying to act like a modern day version fo Ric Flair, way to contradict your character I mean, he went from being a badass degenarate who listen to Motorhead to a guy who dressed in expensive suits?

Biggest star of the last decade? The Rock drew more from 2000 to 2002 then Triple H has in his entire career. And as for Cena, his been the face of the company since 2005 and the biggest draw in Pro Wrestling since The Rock.
Triple H was pretty good in the ring in 2000/2001 but once he returned in 2002 he was no longer as good as he previously had been, his 2003 matches were so cringeworthy.

Andm sot importantly, Hogan, Rock and Austin have all drawn more money than Triple H has to the point of being considered "Wrestling Gods", their influence and popularity are legendary, they were larger than lfie characters in their prime something that Triple H is not and never will be. In fact, I'd put several guys over Triple H.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
He doesn't have their starpower, he is not really a household name

·
Banned
564 Posts
rofl HHH isn't and never will be elite. He's not considered on the same level by anyone with a brain because he's bought his way there, he has average wrestling skills, absolutely zero charisma, buries people left and right. Yet because his wife is Steph, he gets to hog both the spotlight and the title.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
rofl HHH isn't and never will be elite. He's not considered on the same level by anyone with a brain because he's bought his way there, he has average wrestling skills, absolutely zero charisma, buries people left and right. Yet because his wife is Steph, he gets to hog both the spotlight and the title.
Let the hate begin.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
I like Triple H think he's a very good wrestler and he's an attraction for sure but for me he's not on their level.

As Hogan, Austin, and Rock were all universal mainsteam draws that at one point or another transended wrestling and brought in an audience that normally doesn't watch wrestling.

Triple H is very good, he just didn't accomplish with his run what they did.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Jim Cornette said it best: Triple H is the guy that works with the guy that makes the money. And there's nothing wrong with that, because he's played his part well.

Triple H is definitely great. But he's not that great.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts