1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
My name is 905 and I've just become alive
5,111 Posts
such huge match,i'm fucking exciting about that

that's simple will be one of the best match ever
If not the greatest,one of the top 3

i just wonder why people don't care about that:frustrate:frustrate:frustrate
It's nice that you have such lofty expectations. They will be crushed, but hold them tight for as long as you can.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
that's simple will be one of the best match ever
If not the greatest,one of the top 3
LMFAO.

How much time you got?

1 ~ We've already seen the match at WrestleMania before.

2 ~ Not only have we seen it at WrestleMania before, we've seen it with both Triple H and Undertaker in MUCH better physical condition than they are in now.

3 ~ Triple H and Undertaker have both been in WWE so long that literally nothing they do matters. "Oh, look, Triple H just won his 45'th world title. Big whoop" "Hey, check it out, Undertaker just retained his Streak...AGAIN. Phht" They've done everything there is to do, and they have NOTHING left to give.

4 ~ Triple H will NEVER be able to follow Shawn Michaels in terms of match quality, let alone Michaels 2 years in a row.

5 ~ The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin being involved with WrestleMania overshadows this match.

6 ~ The build up has been almost nonexistant. The entire extent of this program has been 1 face to face staredown in which they said nothing (well, it got the point across without words, so whatever), a couple promos on how they were going to win, Triple H beating up a few low carders, and Shawn Michaels talking about them in video packages, which has taken up most of the time. This feud involves Shawn Michaels as much as Triple H and he's not even there.

7 ~ It's a No Holds Barred match, but will undoubtedly not represent what a No Holds Barred match SHOULD represent. There's a 95% chance that there will be no blood or anything remarkable.

8 ~ This match disregards everything that happened before Triple H and Undertaker returned to tv. Triple H just tossed away Sheamus as though he didn't take a year off his career, and gave him no more severe a beatdown than he gave Dibiase during a random interuption. It was like he'd never even been gone, it was a totally lackluster way to end that feud. Undertaker being buried by Corre or Kane hasn't even been ADDRESSED (except by the group themselves, not Undertaker). That didn't even have a feud resolution and it's completely lazy for the booking team to just not write a conclusion and want people to accept that.

That's what I have right now, but the sad thing is, I'm sure there's even more than I'm missing.

Oh yeah, there's also the "We Want Sting!" brigade that stormed in here leading up to 2/21/11 and then got pissed when he didn't show.

·
Premium Member
10,201 Posts
Because people feel it's a waste of the streak. Undertaker has only got a couple more WrestleMania matches in him, and his opponent should be either somebody young who could get a massive rub in the feud (e.g. Barrett), somebody new who he has never faced (e.g. Sting) or somebody who is genuinely a threat to end his streak (e.g. Cena). Triple H is none of these.

It's also worth noting that Triple H is notorious for having let-down matches at WM.

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
LMFAO.
7 ~ It's a No Holds Barred match, but will undoubtedly not represent what a No Holds Barred match SHOULD represent. There's a 95% chance that there will be no blood or anything remarkable.

This is the one point I'm going to disagree with for three reasons:

1. It's Wrestlemania, the biggest show of the year. WWE will allow their 'rules' to be thrown out for the biggest show of the year, especially since the majority of buyers for WM are older fans rather than the 10-15 year old kids.

2. It's Undertaker and HHH, two veterans who aren't afraid to blade compared to some of the new rookies who have never done it before and probably will never need to.

3. It's HHH...if he wants to blade, he's gonna blade.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
I highly doubt that Vince will let it happen, but ok. I'll admit, I'm just making an assumption based on WWE's recent track record as are a lot of others. I can't say for sure what'll happen until it happens, BUT, it's definately a reason why people aren't excited. I remember a bunch of posts about how it was going to be a typical, lame current WWE style No DQ match.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
LMFAO.

How much time you got?

2 ~ Not only have we seen it at WrestleMania before, we've seen it with both Triple H and Undertaker in MUCH better physical condition than they are in now.

3 ~ Triple H and Undertaker have both been in WWE so long that literally nothing they do matters. "Oh, look, Triple H just won his 45'th world title. Big whoop" "Hey, check it out, Undertaker just retained his Streak...AGAIN. Phht" They've done everything there is to do, and they have NOTHING left to give.

4 ~ Triple H will NEVER be able to follow Shawn Michaels in terms of match quality, let alone Michaels 2 years in a row.

5 ~ The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin being involved with WrestleMania overshadows this match.

6 ~ The build up has been almost nonexistant. The entire extent of this program has been 1 face to face staredown in which they said nothing (well, it got the point across without words, so whatever), a couple promos on how they were going to win, Triple H beating up a few low carders, and Shawn Michaels talking about them in video packages, which has taken up most of the time. This feud involves Shawn Michaels as much as Triple H and he's not even there.

8 ~ This match disregards everything that happened before Triple H and Undertaker returned to tv. Triple H just tossed away Sheamus as though he didn't take a year off his career, and gave him no more severe a beatdown than he gave Dibiase during a random interuption. It was like he'd never even been gone, it was a totally lackluster way to end that feud. Undertaker being buried by Corre or Kane hasn't even been ADDRESSED (except by the group themselves, not Undertaker). That didn't even have a feud resolution and it's completely lazy for the booking team to just not write a conclusion and want people to accept that.

That's what I have right now, but the sad thing is, I'm sure there's even more than I'm missing.

Oh yeah, there's also the "We Want Sting!" brigade that stormed in here leading up to 2/21/11 and then got pissed when he didn't show.
i agree all the way 100% with you

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
LMFAO.

How much time you got?

lmao you ripped this shitty match a new asshole. Great Conan avatar btw

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Urdnot covered most of it, but there's another reason why people aren't excited: this match feels (and is) born out of a sense of desperation. Normally, when WWE does one of these "icon vs. icon" type matches, they spend a great deal of time and energy building it up. The build for Michaels/Undertaker II started in December. Angle/Michaels (21) started in January. Hogan/Rock started pretty much the moment Hogan walked through the door.

This time, the build didn't start until after Elimination Chamber, and it is NOT because Triple H and Undertaker were both on the shelf. Neither has actually wrestled since returning, and BOTH could have been working on the build for this match for months. Instead, we get a random, meaningless encounter, followed by video packages that don't add ANY tension to the match itself.

No, they didn't build it because even THEY (WWE) didn't decide on this direction until some time early this year. At some point in January or early February, they decided that Triple H v. Sheamus and Barrett v. Undertaker wouldn't get the audience all hot and bothered, and so they called an audible. Unfortunately, they've done a piss-poor job of improvising, and the "feud" (I'm being generous even calling it that) has suffered as a result.

In a way, it reminds me of the build for John Cena v. Bobby Lashley at The Great American Bash a few years back. WWE didn't really give us any reason to care about it, they just TOLD us we should care about it. That may work for the kiddies, but for the audience members who actually SHOULD care because they've followed the participants' entire careers, you need to do something more than just SAY the match is important. That's not enough.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
The marks are going insane over this match. For them, it's a dream match. The IWC, not so much, but that's what IWC is: Irrelevant Wrestling Community. :p

·
I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
767 Posts
I'm looking forward to it to be honest.

Although I won't get my hopes up for an amazing match because as it was said earlier, Triple H and Undertaker have fought before at Wrestlemania and were in much better physical condition.

But I still think it will be a good match.

·
Banned
749 Posts
It's gonna be a donnybrook. I'm looking forward to it.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
LMFAO.

How much time you got?

I couldn't agree more. Well said.

·
Premium Member
10,201 Posts
Get back to me on how irrelevant this point of view is when you see the WrestleMania buyrate.
The buyrates are going to have a positive influence because of The Rock, Stone Cold & Snooki. Basically, NOT this match. So while I hear what you're saying, trying to use the buying figures as proof this feud isn't cared about in the slightest just won't work. :p

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
The outcome is predictable, there's really nothing on the line for HHH if he loses, the promos besides the silent one to set it up have been boring and no interaction between the two, both haven't been on tv in a while and Taker's last few matches were bad and he's fighting injuries.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts