Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Pleasantly surprised at the feedback this thread has gotten.

You know it's bad when on a Wrestling forum someone trashes the product and everybody comes in and is like "Well, yeah, but I guess there's nothing better to watch on Mon/Tue nights".

But it's so true. The product is just god-awful, but WWE dresses it up in a nice package with a great big bow and its something that's extremely easy to just watch especially if you've been doing it for years.
But yeah, I'm furious with the product, have been for years, I don't follow closely anymore but it's something the pops and I like to watch together and the PPVS are always entertaining, even if their a shit show.

I will say I'm furious with Summerslam's card. There's not a single match on the card im looking forward to, and that's bad because I'm the type that has had matches to look forward to on even the shittiest cards in the past 5 years.

·
No Mercy
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
OP why do you care about a WWE section of a wrestling forum if you don't watch it/like it.

I stopped watching Power Rangers when I was like 12, I don't look up episode descriptions to find out what's happening in the latest season(if it's still going)
I thought parts of the OP by myself would've cleared that up, but to add more to the reasoning and to sorta reiterate myself at the same time: I barely come into this section anymore. Being a premium member who's in the chatbox often anytime I'm logged on, I always see people complaining and whatnot, as well as threads in the 'Recent Discussions' or newsfeed and all of it is negative. I sorta came in this section for the first time in ages and decided to ask folk why they continue to watch, rather than do what I do. If I do watch anything, it's because it's likely been recommended to me. Even then, it's questionable whether I still check it out. It's like people don't realise there's other things rather than 'WWE' and its bubble.

It's okay to love something and want it to be better than it is.

Fans have their reasons, but it generally boils down to a strong emotional attachment to a time or moment in wrestling that was really good. Maybe it got them through a rough time in their lives, or it was the first entertainment medium that they gravitated to all on their own in their youth, or they used to watch it with a family member or friend who is now gone. Regardless of the reason, for a lot of us there's a sentimental attachment to WWE and a desire for it to be as good as it was in that moment that made us fans. And even in 2019, sometimes it is.

This "if you don't like it, don't watch it" sentiment that I see thrown around here a lot is incredibly cynical. Some fans DO like it, despite its faults. It's possible and even probable to love something despite its faults. But despite that, we still can and should be critical of the things we love when they suck.

If my wife suddenly got into really self-destructive habits or started being a trash person, I wouldn't just fucking dump her in the lake and move on. I'd voice my opinions and do what I could to help. I don't know how to help WWE, other than by voicing my opinions. Why should I not do that on a fucking wrestling message board where wrestling fans can go to talk about wrestling?
I actually respect this comment. I'd say it's stockholm syndrome for a lot of people, though.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
I've watched since WMX-7 and i'll continue to watch because i honestly still enjoy it, i also don't take it too seriously like a lot of others. There's so much talent right now that interests me so i'll continue to watch and see how their career's go. I honestly always look forward to the PPV's and big events too.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I haven't consistently watched WWE since around 2009. The guest host shit. Absolutely brutal. I find myself coming back some years for the RTWM to see what kind of programs they've got going on.

However, I've been posting on wrestling forums since 2004 and it's just a habit.

Podcasts have been fucking awesome for me to relive the glory years and even learn new things about different territories. THE LAPSED FAN is where it's at. There's no other comparison

·
Registered
417 Posts
There really is nothing to watch besides Alexa. The rest of the roster sucks ass. Everything in WWE just sucks ass but the other promotions are much worst.

·
Banned
47 Posts
How can you form an opinion on a product you no longer watch?

The past couple of weeks have actually been decent. Both RAW and Smackdown.

Both Heyman and Bischoff’s work seems to be coming through and I suspect come the RR WWE (for the fans) will be in a healthy place

·
Registered
501 Posts
I still enjoy some of it, we have a tendency to fast forward through alot of it (thank you PVR technology).

I love the 24/7 title stuff (which many people hate)

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
I havnt watched raw of smackdown as full episodes since 2004. I havnt watched a full PPV since WM 34 and that was the only PPV since WM 33, etc etc.

At most, I watch the odd youtube clip if it takes my fancy, thats all.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Gave up completely the moment they shoehorned Charlotte Flair into the Mania match.

Not being able to produce anything of quality is reason enough not to watch.

But torpedoing something people actually want to see purely because it's not what the company wanted is something else entirely.

It proved once and for all that WWE doesn't have respect for the product, doesn't have respect for the fans, and doesn't have respect for itself.
This is exactly when I decided to nope for good. I was really looking forward to Becky/Ronda because the story had been built for well over a year and it wrote itself, but of course WWE fucked it up for no reason but to spite their consumers. Charlotte had no business being involved in that feud, but fuck us I guess. Was planning on watching Kofi/Bryan but I couldn't stomach that PPV at all. Haven't looked back since.

·
Registered
12,572 Posts
This is exactly when I decided to nope for good. I was really looking forward to Becky/Ronda because the story had been built for well over a year and it wrote itself, but of course WWE fucked it up for no reason but to spite their consumers. Charlotte had no business being involved in that feud, but fuck us I guess. Was planning on watching Kofi/Bryan but I couldn't stomach that PPV at all. Haven't looked back since.
But Charlotte Reigns was “supposed to be in the match” a year out so that, regardless of what happened in that year and even regardless of what fans actually want, justifies tanking a hot angle.

fpalm

Some idiocy knows no bounds.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
I don't.

Summer-slam will be the first non NXT thing I'll be watching since the last major PPV, and like I usually do, I'll be scrolling past much of it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I actually think both Raw and Smackdown have been really entertaining fast-paced shows over the past couple of weeks. Every segment and match has been logically furthering a storyline so I'm pretty pumped for Summerslam tbh.

·
BigPoppaPump is ur hook up, and the next heavyweig
519 Posts
Stopped watching after Summer slam 2013. The awfulness was too much for me take. That was after a long break from like 2006-2011. I had been a life long fan since I was 4 before that Will not tune in till Vince is committed or dead and neither will my children.

·
Southern Pride
3,196 Posts
There are some things on RAW and Smackdown that I do genuinely enjoy. I try to look at the positive aspect of things a lot of the time even though there is a lot of crap mixed in.

It's a habit for a lot of us. Some are addicted to smoking, others are addicted to spending their Monday and Tuesday nights watching WWE programming.

By the way, it is amusing when some have admitted to not watching full episodes on a regular basis but they are still bitter, toxic and miserable on here very often about WWE. It's just easier to be negative than to be positive.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,274 Posts
I may complained about the product for the majority of the year since Raod to WM but to honest, I can't stop watching the product. Not because I like it. It is because my favorite wrestlers and woman wrestlers are in the company. I love watching their work and talking plus careers. It's like a drug I guess. I guess I am not ready to get off of it. But for the last few weeks, I have less bitch and moaned about it since the shows has been somewhat decent. Better than the whole summer to be honest.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts