Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,078 Posts
I only watch clips of Mandy, Lacey, Toni and Charlotte on YouTube.

Everything else is dire shit.

·
Banned
884 Posts
I think some of you need to take a break from all the aspects of wrestling except watching it itself -- no Facebook wrestling groups, no forums, no dirt sheets, no social media. Do that and you might actually enjoy just watching the product instead of letting it consume you on a daily basis.

Notice the posters here who are most angry are the ones who are here posting every day. They're just making themselves more miserable.
This is a very good point. There is definitely a contingent of posters who obsess way too much about wrestling, to the point where they’ve posted 100,000 miserable comments over-analysing and over-thinking every aspect. They don’t seem happy at all. When I took a break from this forum, and from reading reports and rumours online, I started to enjoy the shows a bit more.

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
2,016 Posts
It takes my mind off my cunt of a life right now.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Does skipping through a 20 minute highlights video on YouTube before it gets taken down count as watching on a regular basis? I'm going to say no, purely because I did watch RAW/SD religiously for a solid decade and now I struggle to make it through the highlights, or at least without shaking my head afterwards.

I guess I still watch WWE because I always have and it feels strange to not watch it to some degree. I like the high-production value of the stages, sets, entrances, fireworks whenever they're used, and the whole camaraderie that WWE brings to the table. A lot of it is hot shit, but sometimes it's good shit. You can't expect something to get better if you don't support it.

I've also got to echo what some people have already said in this thread though. Around 2010-2011 I would be in all the weekly discussion threads during RAW/SD, the same for all the pay-per-view events, and the norm would typically be that you'd shit on the product no matter what and the way to fit in was to berate the product.

After a while I really was miserable and steered away from social media as a way to connect with wrestling fans and just spoke to my friends over Facebook during shows, or in a group Skype call, and we had a blast. Some stuff still sucked ass, but in comparison to bitching about it on a forum and to lightheartedly poke fun at it with your friends while still maintaining some level of enjoyment over Skype, I would definitely choose the latter.

Just my two cents.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,462 Posts
So nobody on the forum watches the product yet there are constantly threads shitting on it?

Well if any of you bothered to watch it you'd know it's been pretty good the last 3 weeks. You guys expect too much from this shit, it's never going to make you feel like you did when you were a kid, there's no more magic. All you can hope for is well worked matches, reasonably realistic sounding promos, stories that make sense, and a little bit of intrigue and lately WWE has been providing that.

There's always going to be people you don't like that get pushed, and people that don't win as much as you think they should, and that's going to keep most of you from enjoying it, the reality is WWE is a variety show, it's not meant to cater only to smarks or body guys, but if you focus on the things meant for your demographic you might actually enjoy some of it.

Don't get me wrong, the show was gutter butt trash just a month ago and they haven't yet earned back the goodwill of the fans, but how can they if you don't give them a chance?

·
Registered
447 Posts
The title pretty much speaks for itself.

I gave up watching on the WWE at long last from 'Mania onwards. I tuned into the Saudi show for Goldberg/Taker only 'cause name value, and uhh...we all know how that went.

Now, aside from the odd YouTube clip of Wyatt because I'm genuinely interested in that character (yet have zero faith in WWE to actually not feck it up, but I hope I'm wrong), I haven't watched any WWE at all. Judging from the reception I sometimes see when scrolling through the main forum news feed, I pretty much made the right decision.

Honestly, I've actually watched quite a bit of wrestling the last few months. Whether it's been AEW, getting into the background from wrestlers from there, watching lucha libre matches on YouTube, MLW, NWA, etc. and I've loved it. Hell, I've had WAY more enjoyment from that than I've had watching WWE since I began watching it again in 2016 (I had taken a break from my lifelong days of watching back in 2012, and returned at the Rumble '16). Watching all that made me excited and proud to be a fan, really - especially this AEW stuff.

I doubt I'll be back with WWE. I hope I'm actually wrong, and will welcome folk poking fun at me if/when I do, but I hope it turns into a better product. For all its fault, it's a company I grew up with, featuring some of my all time favourite moments, but man - everything about it today literally sucks, and I don't see that changing. It's that bad, and let's face it - you pretty much know it yourself.

However, I see folk laughing, complaining about EVERYTHING, yet they seem to continue to watch each and every week. I don't get that. I really don't. I get that folk might have favourites, but I don't get that either. It's like when I watch another drama show. I might like the character, but if the show and the action is that bad, I'm not gonna get invested in them anymore. That's how I feel. WWE literally is WOAT, and has been for quite a while now. Borins :bosque.

My advice there is to do what I've done, and just give up, and search for something better...BUT I want to know why you may continue to watch on a regular basis, and get some interesting opinions/thoughts. Let's go.
I don't brother.

I hate to say this but WWE fans are kinda like sheep. They watch because everybody else does despite there being much more entertaining products available.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
I don't watch the shows regularly anymore. I can go weeks without watching anything WWE, not even youtube clips or recaps but can just as easily go back to watching the shows weekly again when there is nothing else to occupy my time like the past couple of weeks. I am liking most of the build up to SummerSlam besides the Rollins Brock build up so not many complaints here. But maybe that is because I haven't been following the product too closely for months. Only thing I can say for certain is I still follow the product from Rumble to Mania as is tradition annually.

1,872 Posts
Because this show is sophisticated? :vince8

Seriously, there are some stuff that I enjoy on this show and I also enjoy seeing the marks getting worked on this site. :brock4

·
Registered
458 Posts
I don't watch it on a regular basis and haven't done so going on for almost 20 years! I do occasionally watch YouTube clips but even that is wearing thin for me, I haven't watched anything on there for about 2 or 3 weeks now. I get all my WWE news either on here or on other websites.

There's just nothing there to peak my interest anymore. The entire product is so corny and embarassing nowadays to the point where it's unwatchable and all the interesting talents are being totally wasted and burried at every turn. To add to that there's no creativity, no passion and nothing to make me want to tune in and watch, there's just absolutely nothing there!

It just sucks!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Skimming through 5 hours takes about 30 min max. I usually do that while working, drinking coffee, eating, reading news, etc.

I never actually watched WWE live so I can't imagine sitting 5 hours through commercials and all the recaps. Watching it recorded and being able to skip through a lot of the shit makes it completely bearable and somewhat enjoyable.

With that being said, I also follow most of the other organizations so I enjoy wrestling overall, even if the product is terrible at times.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,019 Posts
Habit and because Monday Night Football hasn’t started yet.

I haven’t watched it live in years though, I probably fast forward 90% of it on my DVR.

I’ve always been a WWF/WWE guy, even during the Monday Night Wars, WCW didn’t interest me. I’m holding out hope that the move to Fox and the ratings pressure will force Vince to go back to the Attitude Era style. If it doesn’t improve with Fox, I’ll probably just stop watching wrestling in general. I’m much more entertained by UFC these day anyway.

I have less than Zero interest in AEW. I absolutely loathe the Young Bucks and their indy spot monkey style. I’ve always thought Omega and the rest of the Elite guys are just ultra geeks, so a company built around that crew is definitely not for me.

I’ve never given a shit about the indy scene at all (Except the original ECW, if that counts as indy). In-ring workrate has never interested me.

I need top level production value, big characters/personalities, good promos, some interesting storylines and ring psychology and I’m good. 30 min 5 star matches are boring as shit without the other stuff.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I don't! It is basically Wrestlemania for me amd the lead up to it and maybe a couple of weeks after if it is interesting.

·
Registered
16,454 Posts
For the most part I do not.

Only regularly do I watch Nxt but the main roster shows like Raw or Smackdown I watched barely to not at all. I did watch the last two Raws and last weeks Smackdown only to catch up before Sumemrslam, but after Summerslam (depending how Summerslam ends) I will probably go back to not watching until the next PPV :p

I find my tactic very rewarding and healthy for the mind. Its made me kind of enjoy to product a little more. It;s over exposure has made me watch less an I am happy with that.

But I never watch RAw or Smackdown live. Considering the times they start here in the Uk and the fact I have to get up 5am to go to work every day. So I tend to either rewatch when I get home usually fast forwarding a lot or just watch the youtube slips if I cannot be assed to watch.

I just cannot fit in 8 hours of wrestling a week (minus PPV). I would rather spend most of that time with my girlfriend.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
I use to skip both shows and wait for ether the reviews or the clips on WWE but when I read Haymen and Bishoff were coming back I decided to give both shows a chance. Raw has been consistently good but SD has been awful which is why I don't watch SD live. It seems WWE isn't capable of having both shows doing well at the same time.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Gave up completely the moment they shoehorned Charlotte Flair into the Mania match.

Not being able to produce anything of quality is reason enough not to watch.

But torpedoing something people actually want to see purely because it's not what the company wanted is something else entirely.

It proved once and for all that WWE doesn't have respect for the product, doesn't have respect for the fans, and doesn't have respect for itself.
That’s been their biggest (of many) problems. The fact that WrestleMania 31, 32, 33, and 34 had Main events that a lot of fans did not want to see - and they booked them anyway - demonstrates how tone def they became.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
I swear we get this thread every few weeks lol.

I watch cos I like supporting my favourites and there's stuff I do enjoy. That's literally it.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,065 Posts
At this point I've pretty much tapped out.

The only people on the modern roster I have any interest in is Miz, Corbin, Lesnar, Rose, and Orton. And most of them are irrelevant, or working with someone as terrible as Seth Rollins.

All I really do now is watch the occasional Bork segment on youtube, when he actually does something. Occasionally a Miz segment, but they're just depressing. Seeing how they treat one of their hardest workers and best talents is sad.

I cant figure out how the WWE hasn't gone under, 99.9% of everything they do is garbage. Who actually watches this shit? Its just the same tiny group of mostly dull people dominating TV time and dominating the top of the card while everyone interesting is jobbed out endlessly. How many times do we need to see Shield guy vs Lesnar?

21 - 40 of 80 Posts