Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first when Hogan came in it was all complaining he'd wrestle and put on terrible matches, or take the title. he didnt do either of those.

now hes the GM, and id say 95% of his on-screen decisions have been favorable to most fans, yet people still complain. is the hatred for Hogan really that deep for some of you? so what if hes in a lot of segments, if its because hes making decisions that you end up liking (ex: making a match that ends up being good), why is it such a big deal that its Hogan doing it? its not as if a young guy is gonna be the GM instead of Hogan.

some could argue that there just shouldnt be a GM, but that isnt the landscape of TNA right now, so its pointless to do that. it just seems like Hogan is unjustly getting shafted by the majority of people on here.

all he seems to do at this point is make matches, make some decisions (like the OFN tag match, which, btw, all those segments were awesome.. how could you not like Daniels attitude throughout?) and put over talent via words instead of wrestling.

·
Banned
354 Posts
Probably because he supports Garett Bischoff (which is just the way to get up the IWC's dickholes),
"attention hogs" for, might I add, a very similar time to the amount Sting did it (and yet no one complained),
and is thought to have to rely on past glories to be a somewhat credible signing (don't tell me any "star" from the past doesn't do that in WWE).

I personally have no problem with Hogan, but each to their own.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I think the hate is mainly on this forum because on tv almost the whole audience cheers for Hogan every time he comes out. Seems like most everyone has loved him for years. He's good for ratings. Maybe people hate him because he is too old school?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Skermac, he is good for ratings? That's why TNA is doing the same ratings they did in 2007, on a 1 hour timeslot, with not even half the star power, they have today. Since Hulk Hogan became kayfabe general manager, the ratings have only decreased. He is not worth the millions, TNA has paid him. Not even close.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
sting was far better in the role hogan seems to take up more t.v time and talk to much in my view
I agree. I don't hate Hogan at all and I do see that he has value to the company. But so far he's been eating up too much airtime.

That said, I appreciate TNA are launching a lot of new initiatives and the GM role is the way they have to get this information to the viewers so that obviously means a lot talk time. I'm hoping that will cut down a bit once everything is a bit more settled. Bischoff being off-screen will help, too.

I'm no Sting fan but he got the GM role just right IMO. Come in, get a pop for being a legend, announce a match, then leave. Hopefully Hogan will do the same sort of thing once everything has calmed down a bit.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I think they brought Hogan in as GM because the ratings were dropping and they hope he can stop the ratings slide and maybe bring them up.

I still think the roster is too small. I dont really like WWE as much as TNA but WWE seems to have multiple main event type matches and TNA doesn't have enough people for that. Without that no GM can incrase the ratings much.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
What happened to Sting again? He did the match with Roode and that was it?

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
What happened to Sting again? He did the match with Roode and that was it?
Watch the shows then... He stepped down as GM because he felt not to be on the same level as Roode when focussing on his GM role. He proposed Hogan as the new GM, Dixie accepted and Sting said that he's going to take a break to come back as a wrestler again.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Probably because he eats up so much airtime on each show that could be used for actual wrestling.

·
Registered
274 Posts
He is going to have to be on air some to announce some of the new initiatives TNA is trying out. However he is still on air way too much. From this week's show he could've had the talk with the champions and announced who the tag team that would be fighting for the titles would be in one promo instead he had four. It also seems like most of his promos are too long out and end up dragging on more than entertaining.

Hogan definitely could help in ratings being used in small doses but with the way he is being used now I'm not so sure it will happen.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
I've grown accustomed to the Hulkster that's for sure so I'm not particularly upset with the role, more like apathetic. My disappointment is that Sting is not in that position any longer as I was finding it quite entertaining.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The frustration I have isn't entirely with Hulk (though I'm not a fan of him either.) The thing that frustrates me is TNA's inability to learn that "power struggles" and authority figures being a part of storylines is a really antiquated notion, its simply a thing of the past and we need to move on. The fact that Hogan accepting the role of GM was a storyline on its own and it lead to cringe-worthy Dixie Carter promos literally begging Hulk Hogan to take the job and it closed Impact 2 weeks in a row and involved all of the notable faces there to further inflate his ego was something which was completely unnecessary and was just another way of Hogan looking to get himself put over for the 180th billion time. And OP the fact that you are giving Hulk Hogan credit for 2 guys going out there and putting on a good match is beyond stupid. Hulk doesn't make matches the bookers do all Hulk's job is, is to announce the match not drag them out forever and then be given credit for 2 other guys going out there, busting their asses to entertain people and putting on a good match. And as you yourself stated Daniels' attitude not Hogan, Daniels was good Hogan was just there and yet you're giving him credit for another guy performing his role, doing his job?!?

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
he can do all his dialouge backstage in a third of time it takes for him to strut his tired entrance in front of a canned crowd

he BLINDLY supports the green as grass inpopular silver spoon mofo, Garrett

half the roster kisses his a**e insterad of vice versa

his presence consumes most of the show, this got tired back in 2003, cutting away from matches and victories as soon as they can, treating their audiance like they have adhd

·
Banned
911 Posts
first when Hogan came in it was all complaining he'd wrestle and put on terrible matches, or take the title. he didnt do either of those.

now hes the GM, and id say 95% of his on-screen decisions have been favorable to most fans, yet people still complain. is the hatred for Hogan really that deep for some of you? so what if hes in a lot of segments, if its because hes making decisions that you end up liking (ex: making a match that ends up being good), why is it such a big deal that its Hogan doing it? its not as if a young guy is gonna be the GM instead of Hogan.

some could argue that there just shouldnt be a GM, but that isnt the landscape of TNA right now, so its pointless to do that. it just seems like Hogan is unjustly getting shafted by the majority of people on here.

all he seems to do at this point is make matches, make some decisions (like the OFN tag match, which, btw, all those segments were awesome.. how could you not like Daniels attitude throughout?) and put over talent via words instead of wrestling.
i dont hate him at all, and i think him haveing the title can help tna if its right !

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I have no problem with Hogan as the GM, although I did prefer Sting as he was one of the best authority figure characters in all of wrestling for some time. Hogan plays his role as the face GM just fine, nothing he does offends me, but nothing excites me either. It's a good use of such a big name in all fairness to TNA.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
He's not really offensive in the GM role, he's pretty entertaining most of the time really. Those backstage segments with the 4 tag team contenders were particularly good, even though the Guns seemed like an afterthought. He is all over the show though, which can be annoying, especially when he has rambling promos that eat up a lot of time. At least Sting was to the point when he was the GM and very good at the same time.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts