Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
It doesn't matter if it was free TV or not. Happening in context and in the heat of the moment causes the moment to fully resonate. You sure as hell know the RAW audience got their money's worth as the Main Event finish was shown in full in the arena.

But the sum of the parts in this situation is LESS than the whole. Doing a hack job by chopping up your Main Event to have one of the most important parts(Sting talking for the first time in 6 months) excluded is horseshit and amateur hour.
Let me ask you this, do you think there will be less heat or anticipation for the next promo because he spoke tonight? I mean, if anything, they gave us very little to work with, so the hook is still there. Just a little something to reward the customers, but doesn't put those without it behind the 8-ball continuity wise. I think it was fairly harmless.

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
I can see the incentive for hardcore fans to potentially buy the Network for that moment, but they'd have to be pretty fucking hardcore to buy the Network and tune in within the 5 minutes of the show ending, up to the point where it shows it on the Network.

IMO, they should have aired it on RAW to give the majority audience a chance to hear him speak for once.

·
Registered
65 Posts
From a business standpoint it makes sense. People want to see Sting, so they will need the Network to do so. From a viewer standpoint, it sucks.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
How would you even know to switch to the Network the split second Raw went off the air?

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
The whole concept of the Network is kind of hazy to me.

Its content is not based on the concept of "can't get it anywhere else", but on "I'm a wrestling fan and willing to pay for it".
I'm sure the McMahons are not that moronic that they think people won't find their content elsewhere. Movie and music industry are suffering losses from streaming and download sites, they really think they can draw the casual viewer to their network?

And how would that work if the casual viewer doesn't even know Sting will hold a promo after the show? The casual viewer won't go out there on the internet and look up what he missed.

I'm starting to think they really didn't think this huge business step through and are just winging it.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts