Wrestling Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Owens is beating Cena clean because they are planning on a Cena heel turn. They are gonna do the same thing that they did with Rock vs Austin. Owens will go into the match as a tweener who wins clean, and Cena will go In as a face, and Cena will do a random heel turn and join the Authority.

·
How you doing?
4,958 Posts
Did people complain when Rey Mysterio's kids were used in his feud with Punk? Not really. Mainly cause Punk lost. But say what you want, its cheap as hell to get pops for your promo using sick kids. *i am John Cena, if i turn heel kids will die!* fuck off already Cena.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Because Owens is supposed to be THE VILLAIN, he is supposed to be seen as a MANIPULATIVE BASTARD while doing it, it's INTENTIONAL.
Yeah, it goes to show that Cena is the true villain and the scum bag. They have truly built an adult vs kid superstar. Anyone who would complain of a heel doing anything is pretty sad. If WWE is gonna keep the outdated "Face vs Heel", then there will always be a double standard, and that standard says, Heel's play dirtier. However, KO isn't selling himself to me with his "kids", he sells me on what he does in ring. I think he is only doing the the son thing, to pander to the brainwashed kids. He is showing them that life shouldn't be like a bad Mormon movie in the Cena world, but the PPV's can be filled with action. Hell if 12 year olds knew they could see boobs if Cena was gone, they would have mass TV shirt burnings.

Still missing teh simple fact that a vast majority of the audience are not kids... and yet this main roster shit is geared towards 6 year olds. No wonder he ratings keep declining.
I read the statistics, and I am as shocked as the post I made yesterday. Selling PG content to adults is stupid, you would be better off selling a PG cartoon on HBO.

Yesterday I made a post that showed RAW and PPV's are both Rated PG, I know 6 and 7 year olds who watch basic cable cartoons that are Pg-13. I even found out Total Divas, is rated TV-14.

WWE is selling RAW as a childrens show, for 12 and under, while Total Divas, at TV 14, is more relatable to guys like me in the 18-40 demographic, cause 14+ is ten times closerto what I want than 12 and younger.

Basically by having Rated PG content for RAW, and PPV's like Hell in a Cell, it is telling me I can find more action and sexual content in a Disney movie like Frozen, Brave and Tangled.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
If 65% are male, and 76% are adults. Why in the hell do they continue this PG crap for kids?!? Even Disney wised up, and knew money is in PG-13+.

Disney movies are smart enough to add adult content, cause parents aren't going to go see the same dam movie if it is boring and dumb and just for kids.

Well the same thing is happening to Raw that happened to Disney, except WWE isn't wising up, there is no reason in the world why a PPV should be PG. The funny thing is, more kids would watch if they knew it wasn't for them. I think of the 76% adults, I would think the majority of them are going to take their 10-17 year olds to a PPV whether or not we see blood, boobs and swearing.

I just honestly don't understand why they would want to shift into a kids market. They only thing I can think of, is trying to get WWE to buy them. I would not be shocked at all, if Disney buys WWE tomorrow.

·
Mr. WrestleMania
I Lie Down for Absolutely Nobody
57,242 Posts
Wow, talk about a weak ass comparison. One brings up HIS kid to make a point at how big he's made it. The other (for far from the first time) brings up a poor kid with Cancer. And somehow some reason brings this kid up, and it has no relation to this storyline in the least.

·
Premium Member
15,711 Posts
The reason I didn't like it is because it's lazy.

I interpret Owens talking about his kid (aside from the fact that it's his kid) as a way of giving the story reason. It's not some random guy that doesn't like Cena. It's a guy that despises Cena because of how much his son likes him.

In Cena's case, WWE spins it as a way of saying "I'm a role model to sick children and that's why you should all like me", which is somewhat the reason why Owens doesn't like him.

It's a story of Cena being every child's hero, which annoys Owens and possibly fathers like him, because their own children idolize Cena and not their own fathers. That's a logical explanation for the story that could've been combated on Cena's end by doing anything EXCEPT what WWE is negatively notorious for and that's exploiting sick kids. They're using that as his crutch and limiting what his logical reaction should be, which is questioning Owens' manhood and fathering skills. At this point, Cena doesn't have to remind us why these kids like him, as it's only making the men hate him even more.

Plus, that's the kind of story not needed because I don't like how they portray Cena is fighting for sick children, as it's somewhat of a safety net to put up and prevent him from losing when he should. If his catchphrase is "Never Give Up" and it's directed towards sick children, Cena can never give up, even though the logical thing to do would be to have him give up and, in the eyes of children, you now have a new hated bad guy. But, I don't that'll happen here and all that combined is really why I have a problem with Cena bringing up sick children. I hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Wow, talk about a weak ass comparison. One brings up HIS kid to make a point at how big he's made it. The other (for far from the first time) brings up a poor kid with Cancer. And somehow some reason brings this kid up, and it has no relation to this storyline in the least.
Yeah, wasn't Owen's family part of his very first story line, wasn't the entire "Getting the NXT" title, about feeding his family. So now he gets to WWE, and he can feed his family, but now his son is more concerned for Cena's well being over his father.....

If this is true, I really feel more bad for Owens than that Cancer kid. Tons of kid have cancer, and it can be cured. But a son not respecting his father, and his father's nemesis is his role model and super hero.....now that is [email protected] up.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
It's pretty simple.

In Kevin Owens onscreen character you have a fat unkempt neckbeard who is largely self-centered (except for this wife & children) who will stab friends in the back to get what he wants. It's no wonder he's the IWC pin-up of the moment, as a large amount of them look and act exactly like Kevin Owens albeit in virgin form, making them think that if he can make it, so can they - if they could actually walk 50 metres without being out of breath. Also another difference is that since he is married with children, I doubt Kevin keeps moaning about being friendzoned and joining MRAs in response.

John Cena on the other hand, is the consummate pro-wrestling professional. He doesn't take offence at being asked to work on a mid-card title to help bring through up-and-coming talent. Fellow wrestlers and others who have worked with him have very little bad to say about him and note his work ethic. He is arguably one of the most selfless people in an industry full of egos, a great example being the work involved with the Make-A-Wish foundation in seeing what must be close to 500 children through the charity at this stage. That is a huge emotional burden he carries and one I certainly couldn't do at even 1/100th of that amount. The child he brought attention to on Raw is because he knows he means a lot to such children and wishes to keep them happy to either help their spirits in their battle, or in many cases in their final days. Last Monday night was nothing out of the ordinary for him when it comes to interacting with sick children. If you feel that child was exploited, why not ask that child and his parents if they felt he was exploited? I think it would be safe to know what their answer would be.

It isn't John Cena being selfish here, nor is it Kevin Owens. It is a large contingent of IWC neckbeards who haven't had a shower or bath in a week who try to deflect their own selfish desires by attacking those who work hard to better themselves beyond being a basement dweller, attacking those like to give something back rather than just take, take & take. Those of us fathers, that is right, fathers, who have respect for Cena as a character on TV and as a man recognise how hard he has worked his ass off to get where he is today and also worked to give some back. Many don't. Is he the most naturally gifted pro-wrestler on TV? No. Is he the most technical pro-wrestler around? No. Is he the most hard hitting shoot-fighter in wrestling? No. Is he the most entertaining? The answer is a clear yes, and he has be very consistent in delivering quality matches on PPVs over a number of years. It is only natural that children will look for role models beyond their fathers and mothers or anyone that is a father or mother figure to them, but that's not because they fail at being a parent or guardian, but because children will be influenced by many adults as they grow up. For my son, he could do a lot worse than Cena when it comes to role models. I won't be wearing a John Cena t-shirt, but if my children want one and I have the money to spend, they can gladly get one.

Not much more of a point to be made. I've said it before and I'll say it again. John Cena is the man that the neckbeards can only dream of being.

·
Registered
879 Posts
If you wanted to bring up a double standard, you should have used the fact that Owens doesn't get called out for using the same "I'm real, Cena's fake" promo that has been used ad nauseam by everyone he's feuded with in the past 5 years. Yet, Cena gets shit on for saying the same things in response.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
The double standard is with Cena for life and I will tell you why.

Owens unlike Cena has not been doing the same shit for 10 years and Cena has, people are over it and sick of it.

It's just how it is.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
The double standard is with Cena for life and I will tell you why.

Owens unlike Cena has not been doing the same shit for 10 years and Cena has, people are over it and sick of it.

It's just how it is.
Don't hate the player.
Hate the game.
:jericho2

·
Heath Slater's Personal Roadie
2,711 Posts
It's pretty simple.

In Kevin Owens onscreen character you have a fat unkempt neckbeard who is largely self-centered (except for this wife & children) who will stab friends in the back to get what he wants. It's no wonder he's the IWC pin-up of the moment, as a large amount of them look and act exactly like Kevin Owens albeit in virgin form, making them think that if he can make it, so can they - if they could actually walk 50 metres without being out of breath. Also another difference is that since he is married with children, I doubt Kevin keeps moaning about being friendzoned and joining MRAs in response.

John Cena on the other hand, is the consummate pro-wrestling professional. He doesn't take offence at being asked to work on a mid-card title to help bring through up-and-coming talent. Fellow wrestlers and others who have worked with him have very little bad to say about him and note his work ethic. He is arguably one of the most selfless people in an industry full of egos, a great example being the work involved with the Make-A-Wish foundation in seeing what must be close to 500 children through the charity at this stage. That is a huge emotional burden he carries and one I certainly couldn't do at even 1/100th of that amount. The child he brought attention to on Raw is because he knows he means a lot to such children and wishes to keep them happy to either help their spirits in their battle, or in many cases in their final days. Last Monday night was nothing out of the ordinary for him when it comes to interacting with sick children. If you feel that child was exploited, why not ask that child and his parents if they felt he was exploited? I think it would be safe to know what their answer would be.

It isn't John Cena being selfish here, nor is it Kevin Owens. It is a large contingent of IWC neckbeards who haven't had a shower or bath in a week who try to deflect their own selfish desires by attacking those who work hard to better themselves beyond being a basement dweller, attacking those like to give something back rather than just take, take & take. Those of us fathers, that is right, fathers, who have respect for Cena as a character on TV and as a man recognise how hard he has worked his ass off to get where he is today and also worked to give some back. Many don't. Is he the most naturally gifted pro-wrestler on TV? No. Is he the most technical pro-wrestler around? No. Is he the most hard hitting shoot-fighter in wrestling? No. Is he the most entertaining? The answer is a clear yes, and he has be very consistent in delivering quality matches on PPVs over a number of years. It is only natural that children will look for role models beyond their fathers and mothers or anyone that is a father or mother figure to them, but that's not because they fail at being a parent or guardian, but because children will be influenced by many adults as they grow up. For my son, he could do a lot worse than Cena when it comes to role models. I won't be wearing a John Cena t-shirt, but if my children want one and I have the money to spend, they can gladly get one.

Not much more of a point to be made. I've said it before and I'll say it again. John Cena is the man that the neckbeards can only dream of being.
Yeah, because Owens didn't work hard to get less than Cena, that's such a bullshit reason to like Cena. And you do understand that people like Owens because he's entertaining and Cena is repetitive and boring? That's just one reason but not everyone who is an Owens fans is a virgin who never bathes, that's just fucking stupid.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.