Wrestling Forum banner

Why Stardust has surpassed Goldust?

1K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  tducey 
#1 ·
Ever since Cody Rhodes was repackaged as Stardust, it seemed as if though he outshined Goldust as of late. Prior to the change, Rhodes' character was very bland and stale as he was just another "guy in trunks." I expect Stardust to replace Goldust once Goldust leaves the WWE possibly after WrestleMania 31 is over. Your thoughts?

#5 ·
Did you watch them for the first half of the year? How can they be any more irrelevant than that?

They're a good solid tag team, but they don't have any faces to feud with other than the Usos. I wish we got a chance at a Stargoldust-Wyatt family feud when they were faces

#11 ·
I just fucking wanted the Stardust thing to be Cody making fun of his insane brother, after a few months turn heel and call him a weirdo, and be Cody Rhodes from there on. I remember Cody nearly winning Money in the Bank, I don't want this Stardust shit.

#12 ·
I like Cody Rhobes. It honestly seems like the WWE doesn't have a clue what to do with him though. Everything from Legacy and "Dashing" to the Stardust gimmick just doesn't seem to be working out for him. It's a shame too because he has some great natural ability and exhibits some amazing in ring skills from time to time.

I think he has a future in the WWE but I doubt he ends up sticking with the Stardust angle for too much longer. I expect to see him switch to another unrelated gimmick and pick up the US or Intercontinental title sometime next year.

#13 ·
My opinion...

Golddust is "dead" cause he's not very "animate". Cody explodes with energy on way to ring, he jumps on barriers, snaps jaws at fans for laughs and creeps the small kids, he runs back and forth on apron and hissing, waving arms, all while waiting to get tagged.

Once tagged he's a fast moving, flyer type.

Now compared to Golddust he walks out and sits then walks to ring, he gets on apron and waits. He's not energetic, he moves slow in ring (maybe age), but people when you see the 2 together, everyone wants to see the high energy, fast, flyer, seems to take more risks.

That's my opinion why Stardust is liked more, he's just more energetic,hyper, fast, athletic. Golddust is slow, doesn't move around much and don't interact with audience like Stardust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.