Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a wrestling fan for a long time, and I noticed lately on wrestling boards a lot of hate and disdain for wrestling and its fans.

I don't care what some UFC fan boys say about my favorite pass time.

I love wrestling and will continue to watch it,not just WWE either from ROH to CZW.

why should I care about the general public's perception of a television show because that's what it is at the end of the day.

They have characters,storylines and plots just like the walking dead or any other entertainment show. Mixed with stunts.

So shouldn't we all call out fans of television shows for liking a fictional show?

I'm not a cuck I'll watch what ever the high hell I want. Worry about your damn self.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,445 Posts
Re: Why should i care about the general perception of pro wrestling?

You shouldn't. Like what you like.

Reactions: DarkLady

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts

Hey good for you man! (Y)

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,667 Posts

Because I said so.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I made a thread about it because of that sports fan poll. It's a response really.

I'll continue to watch my "fake" sport and enjoy it.

·
Registered
32,250 Posts

You shouldn't care what other people think about what you like. Enjoy what you enjoy. But on the flip, for most people it is more fun when you can share the things you love with other people easier. It's like the difference between enjoying a good meal and drink alone or with a pal. The former isn't bad, but the latter can possibly make it more fun.

I didn't grow up a comicbook fan but for those that did I'm sure the recent rise in respect for comic books and superheros has kind have made that more fun for the OG comic fans who used to get teased and made fun of. It has to be somewhat great for them to finally see appreciate something they knew all along was great.

But with wrestling fans at least just going from the 90s when I was born it seems to have gone in reverse. Were most people see it as a "lol I can't believe I was ever into that" thing. Then look at the trend it was down in the dumps thing, then it became cool as fuck, then it petered back out, now it's dead as fuck again.

Which makes it kind of disappointing because most of us remember a time when you could name more than a handful of people to talk about wrestling with. It's not surprising long time fans miss when the business as a whole was more popular

·
Registered
184 Posts

I agree. Sometimes I can't help but shake my head at some of the members on here who are supposedly wrestling fans but constantly put it down and try to say how MMA is sooo much better.

Yeah yeah UFC is the "in" thing right now and wrestling hasn't been since 2001, but I still find it mostly boring and prefer wrestling. I don't care if MMA's "OMG SO ACTUALLY REAL!"... watching 2 people rolling around on the mat for 20 minutes bores the hell out of me. Give me "entertainment" over that any day.

·
Registered
607 Posts

If you like Pro Wrestling then you watch it and fuck what anyone else says man.
Wrestling isn't cool by any stretch of the imagination and WWE is pretty poor these days, but things like Lucha Underground and the UK Scene still provide good Pro wrestling entertainment.
And as for the UFC fanboys, THEY were all wrestling fans during the Monday Night Wars/Attitude Era so they needn't fucking talk.

·
Registered
6,426 Posts

Right on! You do you and keep it moving.

I'm of the same mindset. I don't care about popular opinion. I like wrestling, It's fun and entertaining to me and I will continue to watch it regardless if it's "Fake".

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I'm happy everyone has agreed for the most part, wrestling is fake yeah but it's entertaining and I like being entertained.

WWE is on hard times but they still have gems like strowman and Charlotte flair.

·
Banned
4,811 Posts

Because it can determine your social standing. If throwing wrestling under the bus gets me into better social and professional circles, then, by all means necessary, Burn It Down!

Upward Social Mobility >>>>> Stanning WWE

I already vilify its management. I ain't afraid to take a stand against it.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts

I never understood the whole "wrestling is fake" conundrum. Yes wrestling is fake and so are most of our favorite TV shows.

Do whatever makes you happy. You do you :)

·
Registered
3,771 Posts

Because it can determine your social standing. If throwing wrestling under the bus gets me into better social and professional circles, then, by all means necessary, Burn It Down!

Why do you have to throw wrestling under the bus to get into better social and professional circles? You don't have to talk about wrestling at all if it embarrasses you so much.

·
Banned
4,811 Posts

Why do you have to throw wrestling under the bus to get into better social and professional circles? You don't have to talk about wrestling at all if it embarrasses you so much.
I never bring it up. If I do, I still call it WWF to indicate how outdated it is modern pop culture. But when people want a punching bag and look down on the circus that is WWE, I partake for brownie points.

·
Training to be a Grappler
2,444 Posts

The point everyone is missing is while you can think something is cool, and worthwhile, it getting less and less in popularity will make it become less and less accessible

I am sure there were people 75 years ago saying "I don't care what anyone says, I love horse racing" Or fans who love boxing.

Look at hockey, it is not nearly as accessible as it used to be, and if you are a fan, it makes it harder to keep up with it.

If wrestling can't be embraced by the masses, and USA decides it's not worth having on, what happens next?

I know that i am not going to travel for one-off indy shows, so absolutely, like what you like.

But pretending, that the wrestling trend is showing more to extinction than prosperity, is absolutely being ill-informed

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I already vilify its management. I ain't afraid to take a stand against it.
We have a cuck here folks.

Exactly the kind of person I was talking about,nobody wants to hear your beta opinion.

And when did watching a show affect your standing in a company?

I can't relate.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.