Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure most of you guys have read his little interview or watched that video of him talking about all the things he would do to TNA. He mentioned marketing it, other ideas he had, and changing it up quite abit. However, there was one little thing that Heyman never said or expressed. Putting on a good show.

Now look, this man drove ECW into the ground financially, and this man wants to be in charge of marketing? God, I hope not. Heyman is a good creative writer, and he can make stars. But in the end, you know he's looking for the cash.

Sure, when Jarrett ran it, booking was messy, and stars could've been better. But you know what Jarrett said? If TNA failed, he'd start another promotion. If that one failed, he'd start another.

Heyman wants money. He never said one thing about going into TNA and giving the fans what we wanted. A mentality like this would ruin TNA. In order to be sucessful at anything, your heart needs to be in it. You need to have a passion for what you do.

I'm a huge Heyman fan, don't get me wrong. But that interview, and his lack of any sort of heart for the business really changed my mind.

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
Heyman can only be good for TNA and help it make money. That interview tells me that he's got the business smarts to go with his creative genius nowadays.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heyman can only be good for TNA and help it make money. That interview tells me that he's got the business smarts to go with his creative genius nowadays.
Anyone can talk like that. After being in the business for so long, you learn the terms I'm sure. Walking the walk is the problem. I'd rather have someone who loves the business, who wants to put on a good show, and doesn't only do it for money run it as opposed to someone who just wants cash. Why do you think he wants a shareholders position? If he really wanted to write creatively, he would do it.

What's sad is that when Paul got into ECW at first, he only cared about giving fans what they wanted.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
All I got from the interview was that he wants full control, more money than TNA is worth and never mentioned anything about what he thinks the next step for TNA or wrestling in general is.

I would rather Dixie just give Bischoff full control instead.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Another Heyman topic... fpalm

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
With how bad things are in TNA, maybe a heyman experiment could be a good thing. It didn't work out when wwe tried it.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Heyman did his marketing very well when it comes to it ! We all know ECW existed despite them having zero budget virtually we all know where their product was different to WWF and WCW and we still think of Rob Van Dam, Rhino, The Dudley Boys and Raven as ECW guys. Marketing is about letting people know who you are what you do and trying to tell people you're good at what you do and its pretty universal that people say ECW was good at what it did.

Heyman's other business may have been less than adequate although nobody REALLY knows whether he was a terrible businessman or not I mean the consensus is that Eric Bischoff destroyed WCW but anyone in the know knows thats nonsense. So pick on Heyman if you really have to but come on don't knock his marketing if he'd done a bad job on it half of you wouldn't ever know ECW existed.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Heyman doesnt need to mention anything about putting on a good show. With him, it is a given, when has he not put on a good show? I've been to ecw shows that lasted 5 hours and it didn't get boring. That is hard to do. He pulls it off live, just abut every time. And his work for vince was really good too, TNA already has the production team in place. I don't see the downside. If he wants to push them to market themselves differently, how much worse could it be, they have had zero impact, and created zero buzz in today's pop culture with what they are doing now. TNA has been around for what, like 8 years? They have had shows on major networks for years, but for some reason, even if someone is familiar with the name TNA, they don't know RVD is there, and have never heard of AJ Styles after 8 years of televised matches, at least here in the U.S. As long as they don't put him in charge of the budget, which they wont, everything will be fine

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
source: pwtorch
By James Caldwell, Torch assistant editor

Paul Heyman says his mindset on whether he wants to work for TNA is that he wants "all or nothing" control over the direction of the company's product.

"Someone has to have one vision so the television show means something and the marketing of the brand means something," Heyman said. "TNA doesn't have a clue how to make a star. Even if they did know how to do good television, they don't know how to market the fact that they're doing good television. And if they were marketing what they're doing know, everybody would say, 'Oh, God, this sucks, why are you marketing this?'"
Paul Heyman

·
1,817 Posts
Its time a true expert was put in charge..so get heyman in!
He would revamp the whole show but create stars with the talent they have now, heyman would be the saviour of tna!

·
Registered
932 Posts
im psychic so I predict this topic will be closed.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
TNA shouldn't let Heyman handle the money. He isn't asking to let them handle the money. TNA won't let him handle the money. So all the comments about Heyman running ECW into the ground financially speaking are true, but that's when he was allowed to handle the money.

Why are people on here being stupid? Heyman doesn't have to say he wants to create a good product, obviously that's his goal as he said he doesn't want to waste his time from his girls. Why would he dump hours into something and want 10% of something (based only on growth) if he is going to half ass it and not do anything?

·
Banned
5,646 Posts
Seriously, I'm getting tired of Heyman. TNA doesn't know how to create stars? Well bring your fatass in and help them. But the fact is, you would rather complain or give your "opinion" rather then do the work yourself.

I'm really starting to see Heyman would be the worst thing the company ever did. He has his own agenda and if he can't stay within the creative then he is not a good hire. Personally, I think TNA is starting to get the marketing thing and he does not know a damn thing about it.

If that's the case, then TNA is fucked.
Really? A guy who actually knows how to produce TV shows which equals revenue? Come on. Use your brain.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
If and when Paul Heyman goes to TNA then sit back and watch Mr Anderson take off completely!

Vince will be offering him a kings ransom to return

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,968 Posts
Heyman's in a very strong position to get the creative freedom and the cash. He has every right to make these demands.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Really? A guy who actually knows how to produce TV shows which equals revenue? Come on. Use your brain.
Bischoff is the biggest overrated hack of all time. People are accusing heyman of pumping himself up, Bischoff is 10x worse of a blowhard bullshitter. He hasn't done shit creatively, All he did in wcw was bring in every big name superstar that Vince and Paul created, for absurd amounts of money, that he could get his hands on. And then sit back and watch, capitalizing on the fact that the newness of people switching companies, and the entire situation was a huge ratings draw. The storylines were terrible, including the NWO after the very early stuff. They guy never created a star in his life, besides goldberg. His contribution to TV otherwise, through Bischoff-hervey ent. is Midget wrestling and I think Hogan's celebrity wrestling show. Just (very) shitty hack wrestling-takeoff reality shows. Basically, they guy is not creative, and even though WCW did win the ratings war for a while on his watch, it wasn't through any brilliant creative direction. Although I will give him credit for bringing over the mexican and japanese cruiserweights to the U.S. Oh wait, Heyman did that first too....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.