Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know overall Dolph has always been start/stopped and that he sometimes runs his mouth online, but why did they have him win at Survivor Series to do nothing with it?

Any ideas?

Reactions: Lil Mark

·
You Spoony Bard
9,920 Posts
I'm beginning to think he was thrusted into that program because of the injuries to Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns. They knew he'd be able to deliver, so he got it.

Or maybe they still have something planned (unlikely.) While feuding with Bryan would be a massive step up for Ziggler, it would also be a downgrade for Bryan. I really don't know.

That aside, he was treated very well with awesome booking for a while. He was essentially "the guy" of the midcard. But now he's directionless. I don't think they want him going after the IC title again so he's just tag teaming with Ryback until they figure out what to do with him.

·
Running From Work, Jumping To Conclusions
1,840 Posts
I'm beginning to think he was thrusted into that program because of the injuries to Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns. They knew he'd be able to deliver, so he got it.

Or maybe they still have something planned (unlikely.) While feuding with Bryan would be a massive step up for Ziggler, it would also be a downgrade for Bryan. I really don't know.

That aside, he was treated very well with awesome booking for a while. He was essentially "the guy" of the midcard. But now he's directionless. I don't think they want him going after the IC title again so he's just tag teaming with Ryback until they figure out what to do with him.
I think you're correct about Ziggler being put into that position because of injuries. I think you could take Ziggler out of the spot and put in Roman Reigns and it still goes the same exact way. Had Reigns been healthy I think he would have been the one of win the Survivor Series Tag Match instead of Ziggler.

I don't think Ziggler is going to be moving past where he is until at least Mania is over. Ziggler probably should have been pushed a couple of years ago if they wanted to use him as main event guy or even someone who could be put in the main event for a match or two.

·
Registered
9,183 Posts
He is clearly behind Bryan, Cena, Reigns and maybe even Ambrose in the babyface role at the moment. I think he was a replacement too for Reigns in Survivor Series.

Don't forget a babyface Orton is yet to return and Sting will wrestle at Wrestlemania too. It isn't why Ziggler being capitalised on, but simply being lost in the shuffle.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Injuries kinda of forced their hand.

But to be brutally honest, as much as I like him and as much as he has grown on me hugely lately, I just don't think the WWE believe in him at all tbh.

It's sad cause he works his ass off and is a solid in ring worker and is over quite well atm.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
He is clearly behind Bryan, Cena, Reigns and maybe even Ambrose in the babyface role at the moment. I think he was a replacement too for Reigns in Survivor Series.

Don't forget a babyface Orton is yet to return and Sting will wrestle at Wrestlemania too. It isn't why Ziggler being capitalised on, but simply being lost in the shuffle.
..Uhh that's debateable

·
Registered
8,720 Posts
Hes the new Sheamus 2012, an awful stale face that for whatever the reason it's over with shit mic skills and a ring work that everyone loves to overrate.

·
Registered
311 Posts

Thats funny. Cause hes been getting the 2nd loudest pop behind Bryan on a consistent basis.

60,006 Posts
Injuries kinda of forced their hand.

But to be brutally honest, as much as I like him and as much as he has grown on me hugely lately, I just don't think the WWE believe in him at all tbh.

It's sad cause he works his ass off and is a solid in ring worker and is over quite well atm.
This summarizes my feelings on the issue quite nicely. Gives me pause about Bryan wanting to wrestle him though, if the company doesnt belee in him.

·
Banned
14,424 Posts
Hes the new Sheamus 2012, an awful stale face that for whatever the reason it's over with shit mic skills and a ring work that everyone loves to overrate.
Eh, Sheamus can work. Ziggler is a spot monkey 90% of the time. But agreed, he's right on par with Sheamus and Orton when it comes to character blandness.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It seems completely pointless to push him like they did at SS. Dolph is a great reason as to why there should be a brand split. He could become the face of SD!

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
So this thread has degenerated into haters shitting on Ziggler...what a surprise.

OP, I have no idea why he isn't being capitalized on. He deserves to be. Anyone who can still remain as over as him in spite of the shit booking he's received overall during the past few years...its like a hammer smacking Vince upside the head saying "THE FANS LIKE HIM, DO SOMETHING". And instead, they don't because they don't feel like it.

So rather than put some actual stock in a guy who is organically over, we're getting the synthetic Reigns push which is gonna blow up in their faces.

Reactions: A-C-P
1 - 20 of 60 Posts