Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... sign scott hall, ddp, and jake the snake roberts to a one night only contract to come out, talk about their past, and promote impact wrestling? if they advertise i know quite a few people would switch just to see what was up.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
It's a good idea although I'd like something WWEish where the legends are hanging out backstage and beat up a low midcarder or something for disrespecting them

You could have DDP, Hall and Roberts doing DDP Yoga in the back and have someone interrupt. That'd be a cool little surprise.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Casual fans don't even know that TNA exists.

If Hogan, Sting, Angle, and Jeff Hardy couldn't raise TNA out of it's miserable pit of failure, those other broken-down oldgeezers (with all due respect) won't either.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
It's weird bringing those guys in anyway because they are legends due to their time in other promotions. "WWF legend" Jake Roberts, "WCW legend" DDP etc, it just looks stupid.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Yeah, a company that is still labelled for having old ex-WWE guys even if they actually have less than WWE. Sure needs to go out of their way to make a retirement talk show to break that meme.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
... sign scott hall, ddp, and jake the snake roberts to a one night only contract to come out, talk about their past, and promote impact wrestling? if they advertise i know quite a few people would switch just to see what was up.
That would be so boring! If they come out they need to mix it up, NO talking!

Younger/casual fans will have no clue who they are and just talking will do nothing to promote anything, unless its for AARP.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
It's 2013 and people are STILL using the 'If TNA brings in X' statements? As mentioned before, the landscape in wrestling has changed. People aren't going to tune in AND STAY TUNED IN for names. TNA has had EVERYONE and it didn't move the needle.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I get where you are coming from and when TNA began I would say why not however TNA doesn't need to do this right now.

They have Bound For Glory coming up and some great wrestlers. I'd rather see Angle, Hardy, Aries, Storm, Roode, Bully etc cut a promo than hear from Hall or jake the snake. The competition is good right now they need to focus on that.

They have Hulk and Sting to try and gain exposure I don't think people will tune in just to hear from Scott Hall.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts