Wrestling Forum banner

Why not Lita instead of Trish?

1747 Views 18 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  Vic Capri
I thought there was a good chance we would see Lita at WM this year with it being in Atlanta. Surely, she would have been the better fit. It would have also presented her with an opportunity to play a ‘face in front of her home audience and help put to rest any negative feelings she might still have when it comes to the way she was originally sent off by the WWE.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
7,589 Posts
Because Trish Stratus is most likely the single biggest female draw that WWE has ever had outside of The Fabulous Moolah god knows how many years ago and Trish Stratus maybe a bigger draw than she was as well. Throw in the fact that Trish Stratus is also on Tough Enough which begins after Raw the night after WrestleMania 27 and you will have found your answer to your question although Lita would have been a nice addition rather than having Snooki or whatever her name is.

After all the history between Trish Stratus and Lita over the years and the fact it was probably the greatest female feud of all time i think it would have drawn as well as any female match could do for WrestleMania. In Lay-Cool you have the two top female heels in WWE right now as well as Dolph Ziggler who had a great year last year and then you could have had Trish Stratus, Lita and John Morrison on the otherside which wouldn't have produced a five star classic but would have been a fun match with two legendardy female wrestler's returning.

· Follower of Lockeism
13,499 Posts
Because Trish is a tough enough trainer and willing to compete in a Wrestlemania angle? That's probably why. Lita hasn't given much hint that she would want to return. I would have preferred her over Trish but heck, having one back is better than having none back at all.

· Banned
2,231 Posts
because Trish Stratus is arguably the sexiest wwe diva in history :)

· Registered
6,114 Posts
the reason Trish is more over than Lita is still a mistery to me, as much as Edge being more over than Christian.
In some cases, it's to do with whether the fans connect with them, whether as a heel or a face. The fans connected with Trish more than they did with Lita. That much was obvious, despite the fact they were the most over divas of the time. Fans liked both but I think Trish pulled a gap once Lita left Team Extreme and Matt Hardy. In terms of Edge and Christian, initially, the fans connected with Edge more, but given that Edge was always pushed as the 'better brother', that wasn't all too surprising. Plus, it took longer for Christian to feel comfortable in front of a live crowd. Edge always had that luxury. I would say though that by 2005, Christian became more over than Edge and seemed primed to win the WWE Championship from under Edge's nose. As a heel, I feel Christian will be appreciated much more because that's where his abilities come to the fore.

· Registered
197 Posts
Leave it to the IWC to want Lita to come back in every scenario. She's the female Jericho of the IWC.

· Registered
2,408 Posts
In some cases, it's to do with whether the fans connect with them, whether as a heel or a face. The fans connected with Trish more than they did with Lita. That much was obvious, despite the fact they were the most over divas of the time. Fans liked both but I think Trish pulled a gap once Lita left Team Extreme and Matt Hardy. In terms of Edge and Christian, initially, the fans connected with Edge more, but given that Edge was always pushed as the 'better brother', that wasn't all too surprising. Plus, it took longer for Christian to feel comfortable in front of a live crowd. Edge always had that luxury. I would say though that by 2005, Christian became more over than Edge and seemed primed to win the WWE Championship from under Edge's nose. As a heel, I feel Christian will be appreciated much more because that's where his abilities come to the fore.
In 2005, Edge was much more over than Christian, lol. Remember Hardy/Edge feud? Edge and Lita would get booed out of the building.

· Registered
6,114 Posts
In 2005, Edge was much more over than Christian, lol. Remember Hardy/Edge feud? Edge and Lita would get booed out of the building.
I'm not saying Edge wasn't over. He was very over. But that year was the year Christian established himself in the upper card and moved above Edge in the card. It's all opinion but while Edge was getting booed out of the building most nights, Christian would either get the same or more likely the crowd would be split 50/50. Christian often got a lot of heel pops. In terms of sheer heat, Edge wins definitely but Christian garnered every bit as much reaction if not more despite the fact half of it was pops.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.