Wrestling Forum banner

Why not go back to the red ropes and classic logo?

3368 Views 23 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  TNA is Here

Every since they rebranded their logo and arena set up, I never liked the way the show looked. The old logo was awesome. Why not bring this back? The current Impact logo looks plain and boring.
See less
Every since they rebranded their logo and arena set up, I never liked the way the show looked. The old logo was awesome. Why not bring this back? The current Impact logo looks plain and boring.
See more
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Welcome To The Jungle
2,064 Posts
Why not go back? Because TNA are fucking dumb, had a chance to actually compete with Vince, not beat the WWE, or even garner the same rating, but they could've at least been in the same ballpark but they're dumb, they fucked it up and it's over, they need drastic change and that's not about to happen, it's been said before, when you're hot in the wrestling business you can almost do no wrong, when you're cold, you can almost do no right and that's where TNA are

Reactions: Jabez Makaveli

· Registered
6,064 Posts
Why not go back? Because TNA are fucking dumb, had a chance to actually compete with Vince, not beat the WWE, or even garner the same rating, but they could've at least been in the same ballpark but they're dumb, they fucked it up and it's over, they need drastic change and that's not about to happen, it's been said before, when you're hot in the wrestling business you can almost do no wrong, when you're cold, you can almost do no right and that's where TNA are
The OP asked why not go back to the color red, and you went on a tangent about TNA. Fucking hell. :lmao Calm down man, I doubt TNA's primary color not being red is what hurt them.

Anyways, I don't mind the color blue being TNA's primary color.

· Welcome To The Jungle
2,064 Posts
The OP asked why not go back to the color red, and you went on a tangent about TNA. Fucking hell. :lmao
And I answered him, because they're dumb, they basically decided they'd rather look like Smackdown than TNA, real smart.

· Registered
6,064 Posts
And I answered him, because they're dumb, they basically decided they'd rather look like Smackdown than TNA, real smart.
A) When they did have the color red, people were complaining that they looked like RAW.

B) Who fucking cares what color they are? TNA made a million mistakes, and changing the color of the damn show, shouldn't even belong on the list.

· Welcome To The Jungle
2,064 Posts
A) When they did have the color red, people were complaining that they looked like RAW.

B) Who fucking cares what color they are? TNA made a million mistakes, and changing the color of the damn show, shouldn't even belong on the list.
Yeah they made a million mistakes, that's why I mentioned the ropes issue and the remaining part of my post was about mistakes other than that and I'm saying look like TNA, look different, don't look WWE's B show

· Registered
6,064 Posts
Yeah they made a million mistakes, that's why I mentioned the ropes issue and the remaining part of my post was about mistakes other than that and I'm saying look like TNA, look different, don't look WWE's B show
So you're saying you'd rather TNA looked like RAW, then SmackDown? It didn't matter what color TNA used between red or blue, because they both have been used by WWE a fuckton during the 2000s. The color of TNA's show matters just as much as the sides of their ring. It has never fucking mattered. What has, and always will matter, is what happens during the show.

· Welcome To The Jungle
2,064 Posts
So you're saying you'd rather TNA looked like RAW, then SmackDown? It didn't matter what color TNA used between red or blue, because they both have been used by WWE a fuckton during the 2000s. The color of TNA's show matters just as much as the sides of their ring. It has never fucking mattered. What has, and always will matter, is what happens during the show.
Now the ring did matter, it made TNA different, it wasn't a huge thing but it mattered, what was the first thought that when through everyone's minds when they went to 4 sides? They look the WWE, they're trying to look like the WWE, having six sides made them different and they needed to be different to succeed, unfortunately at some point they forgot that

· Registered
6,064 Posts
Now the ring did matter, it made TNA different, it wasn't a huge thing but it mattered, what was the first thought that when through everyone's minds when they went to 4 sides? They look the WWE, they're trying to look like the WWE, having six sides made them different and they needed to be different to succeed, unfortunately at some point they forgot that
Dude, I never cared that they got rid of the six sided ring. What made TNA different was things like the X-Division, which had existed before TNA even started using the six-sided ring.

· Welcome To The Jungle
2,064 Posts
Dude, I never cared that they got rid of the six sided ring. What made TNA different was things like the X-Division, which had existed before TNA even started using the six-sided ring.
There's little things you can do to be different and big things, the ring was a little one but it was something, Bischoff said when he knew they were going to start airing Nitro head to head with RAW, that he sat down and wrote down every single little thing that he could do differently from the WWE, everything and it worked, big time, they of course eventually fucked it but that's what TNA need, they need to find a way to be different in every way they can and the X division was without doubt a huge part of that but they need the big stuff and small stuff, but like I said, unfortunately at some point they either forgot that or just stopped caring

· Registered
2,610 Posts
The reason they started using a normal ring in 2010 was because Hogan convinced Dixie to change it. The reason behind the change was that the six sided ring is extremely rigid, compared to a normal ring, with a lot less give, and so it is harder on the body.

As for the ropes and logo. I do not thinking going back to the old style would not help anything. I would keep the logo, except I would drop the wrestling part and just go wiith Impact, and I would remove the six sided ring symbol, since I want them to use the normal ring (for the wrestlers' safety). I think going back to red would be ok. Since raw is more white than red now.

More than the ropes and logo, they need to reorganize the stage. They need to bring back a full tron. They can have one large screen above the entrance, and one smaller screen on either side, and bring back the tunnel.

· Welcome To The Jungle
2,064 Posts
The reason they started using a normal ring in 2010 was because Hogan convinced Dixie to change it. The reason behind the change was that the six sided ring is extremely rigid, compared to a normal ring, with a lot less give, and so it is harder on the body.

As for the ropes and logo. I do not thinking going back to the old style would not help anything. I would keep the logo, except I would drop the wrestling part and just go wiith Impact, and I would remove the six sided ring symbol, since I want them to use the normal ring (for the wrestlers' safety). I think going back to red would be ok. Since raw is more white than red now.

More than the ropes and logo, they need to reorganize the stage. They need to bring back a full tron. They can have one large screen above the entrance, and one smaller screen on either side, and bring back the tunnel.
It is harder on the wrestlers but I've heard guys like AJ Styles say even though it is harder, they preferred because it was different

· Registered
2,610 Posts
It is harder on the wrestlers but I've heard guys like AJ Styles say even though it is harder, they preferred because it was different

I saw an interview where Styles said he liked how creative the six sided ring allowed him to be in his move set, but I do not every remember seeing him, or anyone else saying they prefered it even though it caused more injuries.

The rate of injuries in TNA dropped drastically in 2010 when the ring was changed.

· Welcome To The Jungle
2,064 Posts
I saw an interview where Styles said he liked how creative the six sided ring allowed him to be in his move set, but I do not every remember seeing him, or anyone else saying they prefered it even though it caused more injuries.

The rate of injuries in TNA dropped drastically in 2010 when the ring was changed.
I heard him say it, it was a while back, I'd link it if I could remember where I heard it

· Banned
6,167 Posts
The main thing is that they cannot return to the old Impact Zone where the place looked actually alive unlike the last two years where it was too dark where the place has looked exactly like the state of the company, barely alive.

· Registered
60,898 Posts
Believe something about the shape just offers up less give. Similar to when the six sides of steel is in place and it is always said on commentary. Reduces softer space (some rings are quite cushion-y at the very center and in the surrounding space not directly by the turnbuckles) More wood in prominent areas for the apron, which could mean a couple more in additional areas that four sided rings don't have. Imagine the tug on the ropes to be a bit tighter too.

and another logo/color scheme thread, eh. Is it 2011 again? Make it all PINK.

· #WoodwardOut #LUHG
16,262 Posts
More posts for the ropes to work around means that the ropes become tighter

If they used a bigger six sided ring it wouldn't be as much of a problem but they don't so yeah

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.