Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The current KO alignment isn't clear cut yet. He didn't display any heelish tendencies in his tag match. Kofi Bryan already happened at EC. And they did not exactly build a planet warrior Vs men of excesses/gluttons feud between Bryan and New Day after EC.

Bryan can actually go with a fresh feud at WM. Although a Taker feud seems a long shot, there is one other enticing possibility, a tweenerish face Joe Vs Bryan. The promos can complement each other well and the outcome won't be as predictable.

Or a US title feud with R-Truth where truth can toe his comedy character line but also display an edgier side.

It helps KO sustain momentum post WM and his return wont lose its shine as he won't be losing at FL either. They should have built him a short feud with Rusev or Nakamura at FL.

This does leave Kofi KO as a face Vs face feud though. But the match itself will be very fresh. KO's trilogy with Cena was good with their first match at EC 15' being the best of the lot. KO's wry wit and Kofi's edgier promos can make this a better alternative to Kofi Bryan.

·
Premium Member
17,155 Posts
Because I want Kofi to win the belt off Bryan at Mania. And my opinions matter.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
probably because it means more for kofi to take the title off Daniel Bryan who is a bigger name and by mania bryan would of had a 6 month reign

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
The problem with this quota/inclusive approach is that it makes everyone look generic as hell. Might as well let the title move around the entire roster just to make sure everyone gets treated fairly.

Reactions: Mear

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Ooooorrrrr.. What if its Kofi vs Daniel vs Mustafa Ali triple threat at WM35? Kofi took Mustafa's spot due to his injury this was all never supposed to happen in the first place.

So a triple threat match. Keep Mustafa in the spotlight we dont forget about him. He has a great match and puts on a great performance on the biggest ppv of the year and it puts Kofi over more having to beat 2 great superstar. Id be happy to have this match

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I have no problem with it and Kofi deserves it. My issue would be them using Kofi to hotshot it and tick off the 'black champion' box and then move on to whatever they have planned next. If you go with Kofi go guns blazing till Summerslam at least.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Am I the only one expecting the rest of the New Day to turn on Kofi if he won the WWE title? Could just see it to take him away from the "comedy club".

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Just like Ronda vs Becky was money and they screwed with that.

We don't deserve what we want = Vince McMahon.
But this is the whole point. McMahon is playing the heel, "taking away" what the fans want in the build up to Mania. There is little to no doubt that Kofi will be in the WWE Title match at Mania, just like Becky will absolutely get her place in the Women's title match back.

It's just their way of telling the story that gets us there. IMO, it'll be a better pay off after the "authority" fuckery.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Kevin Owens equals KilljOy. :no:

Predictably, Bryant will defend the WWE title at WrestleMania against Owens and Kingston because Owens isn't going to win it at the Fastlane PPV. Ugh. I'm not thrilled about the possibility of a Triple Threat match.

I'll assume that the purpose of the swerve from Mr. McMahon is to kill two birds with one stone. That is, you delay Kingston's WWE title match but you sustain his push. And you substantiate the rumor of Owens having a WWE title match against Bryant at WrestleMania.

What I'm uncertain about is whether this is going to lead to a feud between Kingston and Owens if Kingston wins the WWE title at said PPV. If so, Owens should remain a heel.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
I love KO but no one cares about Kofi vs KO. The story is with Bryan. Plus he will have had the title for six months by then, which makes Kofi winning it off of him mean that much more.

·
Registered
24,447 Posts
Kofi has to be in the championship match now. Has to. That's what is carrying this run right now. The fan's desire to see Kofi get his moment.

If you split Kofi and KO apart from Bryan, that just creates another match on an already loaded card and forces Bryan to build a rivalry in less than 4 weeks.

Kofi challenging for the title, whether he wins it or not, is where the money's at.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts