Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes i'm bias but to me, hawkins could be a top talent in the wwe ... he has the look, he improved his wrestling ability by a lot, and even though he's not that good on the mic(he's not bad, he has a weird voice) he makes up with charisma

wrestlemania is coming and there's gonna be a MITB and that's the best way to get him noticed -- he doesn't have to win, just give him a spot.

same applies for barreta, showcase the new talent on the grandest stage of them all!

· Registered
326 Posts
yes i'm bias but to me, hawkins could be a top talent in the wwe ... he has the look, he improved his wrestling ability by a lot, and even though he's not that good on the mic(he's not bad, he has a weird voice) he makes up with charisma

wrestlemania is coming and there's gonna be a MITB and that's the best way to get him noticed -- he doesn't have to win, just give him a spot.

same applies for barreta, showcase the new talent on the grandest stage of them all!

He is in desperate need of a gimmick change.

· Registered
5,219 Posts
yeah but unlike most of those cocky guys, hawkins does it well. he also gets decent heat, his reaction vs r truth at the royal rumble(dark match) he got booed.

He can at least be a solid midcarder and involved in the IC Title scene, would a nice change anyway, a Kofi/Hawkins feud than the same old opponents for Kofi.
kofi/hawkins feud would be great because like you said, it's fresh

· Registered
983 Posts
I wouldn't change a thing with Hawkins.

Theres nothing wrong with a cocky heel, and he does it well. Besides, the only difference between heels these days are the catchphrases.

Guys like Hawkins and Baretta are refreshing.

· Registered
558 Posts
^ lol, honestly the MITB at wrestlemania should feature

john morrison
evan bourne
r-truth(filler)
ted dibiase(filler)
curt hawkins
trent barreta
jack swagger
tyler reks
Take out R-Truth and put in another upper-midcarder. Need some more star power, the casual fan doesn't care for superstars regulars.

And that's no insult to those wrestlers as Curt Hawkins/Baretta have bright futures if they are given meaningful feuds.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,974 Posts
Not sure when Bourne will make it back, but including him, I'd say, from likeliest to least likeliest to get into MITB would be, at this time, Morrison, Kofi, Ziggler, Truth, DiBiase, Kane, Swagger, Bourne, McIntyre, ... and I honestly think they might let Barreta in, based on the facts that he could have at least one moment that steals the show and that he was having a decent little push into relevancy opposite McIntyre (even if they've short-circuited that, he can still get back into the mix of things in the lower tier of the midcard). That leaves another spot open for just about anybody if they go with 10 men again.

· ¡GOLDADO!
2,677 Posts
^ lol, honestly the MITB at wrestlemania should feature

john morrison
evan bourne
r-truth(filler)
ted dibiase(filler)
curt hawkins
trent barreta
jack swagger
tyler reks
If Tyler Reks is in the money in the bank it'd be a joke, to make it on the Wrestlemania PPV I think you need to be doing more than appearing on Smackdown once a month.

I'd say put Swagger, Morrison, Daniel Bryan, Bourne (if fit), Kofi, Gabriel and Christian (if fit)

· Registered
3,455 Posts
Yeah I can definetly see him as a maineventer in 3 years, get him in the IC title scene this year hopefully

· Registered
547 Posts
Obvious in THAT horrible line up of jobbers, yeah. He probably will win the MITB, but WWE still has time to wake up. They're better off giving it to Barrett, if he doesn't win on Sunday, that is, which he won't.
Barret will get his shot without MITB anyway so no need to give it to him. I would like to see Morrison get it because he's a face and would probably challenge the champ to a fair title match at a ppv. This would be fresh and would give the title a little more credibility instead of burying the title with random cash-ins. Kofi would be another good choice

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.