Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
8,175 Posts
It was a house show and really doing a cash in on an event thats not televised wouldnt be good for business

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I'm interested to see if they anything with Sheamus being MITB and there being no champion

Could be a chance to do something creative in the next few weeks. Doubt it though and doubt they will even acknowledge it

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
This is simply a dumb thread.

They didnt even know the extent of Seth's injury until the next morning. They were not going to make a rash decision like that and it would have been dumb for them to do so. Especially with a big time Rollins/Reigns feud looming.

But to give you a another answer, I think its bc the WWE has no desire to make Sheamus the champ right now...

·
Registered
9,708 Posts
To everyone saying "It's a house show, why would they do that?"

THAT is the exact reason why it could have worked. No one expects it, it's another fresh take on the MITB cash-in. Rollins was the first to do it at Wrestlemaia, Sheamus could have been the first to not only cash-in on a house show, not only cash in outside of the U.S. but also be the first person to win the WWE title outside of North America. The WWE title has only ever changed hands on US and Canadian soil. Having a title change in the UK would have been intriguing. With the advent of the WWE Network and international live specials, we're probably not far from that anyways.

I like the concept, but the fallout wouldn't have been too great. It would have setup Sheamus vs Roman, and I prefer the tournament idea to crown a new WWE Champion. Plus they didn't know the extent of Rollins injury right away and putting him in a ring for a match, even one that is 30 seconds may have done more harm to him in the long run.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
OP I thought I was genius who knew how things should be done, but this whole week, I've been reading tons of way more genius stuff.

It was their fault they gave Sheamus the MITB case, so unless they pull off a piece of crap move, and have someone put their title shot vs mitb case, or whatever they did that one time.

To me, you got a guy who is guaranteed 100% to get the WWE title. You have to be a fool to not setup an easy pin. So your big star goes down, and they hit panic button cause they don't know what to do. When Sheamus is ripe for the pickings.

WWE just have all these stupid little fucking things they refuse to do, like doing anything important not on RAW or PPV, and they won't even let a freaking belt change unless PPV. Yet they wonder why no one really likes RAW!?

·
Premium Member
14,965 Posts
You know what? OP has a point.

That was clearly a way to get the title off Rollins, while in Sheamus' native land and could even evolve into a storyline with Triple H, seeing Rollins was hurt, ordered Sheamus to cash in and on TV, justify it by saying he knew Rollins was hurt and because he "jumped the shark" by claiming to be the GOAT WHC, he did not only what was best for business but did it to humble Rollins because he's not the GOAT WHC he claims to be. Say it was just a matter of time until Rollins cracked. Rollins returns as a babyface (which I'm sure he will, anyway) and after months of being verbally buried by Triple H, we finally get that match at Summerslam next year.

Then again, I kind of feel bringing storyline attention to that night would also acknowledge the inconsistency in the Kane/Wyatt Family angle. Sure, we all know but that doesn't mean everybody should know. That kills the storyline.

I wonder, though, has WWE ever at least teased a cash in at a house show. Quite frankly (and with the right circumstances), I wouldn't mind they did a cash in at a house show, simply because it fits the context of what the briefcase means and that's that the owner of the briefcase can cash it at anytime. IMO, that would generate interest for the rather uneventful concept house shows have evolved in to.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
You know what? OP has a point.

That was clearly a way to get the title off Rollins, while in Sheamus' native land and could even evolve into a storyline with Triple H, seeing Rollins was hurt, ordered Sheamus to cash in and on TV, justify it by saying he knew Rollins was hurt and because he "jumped the shark" by claiming to be the GOAT WHC, he did not only what was best for business but did it to humble Rollins because he's not the GOAT WHC he claims to be. Say it was just a matter of time until Rollins cracked. Rollins returns as a babyface (which I'm sure he will, anyway) and after months of being verbally buried by Triple H, we finally get that match at Summerslam next year.

Then again, I kind of feel bringing storyline attention to that night would also acknowledge the inconsistency in the Kane/Wyatt Family angle. Sure, we all know but that doesn't mean everybody should know. That kills the storyline.

I wonder, though, has WWE ever at least teased a cash in at a house show. Quite frankly (and with the right circumstances), I wouldn't mind they did a cash in at a house show, simply because it fits the context of what the briefcase means and that's that the owner of the briefcase can cash it at anytime. IMO, that would generate interest for the rather uneventful concept house shows have evolved in to.
I think everyone's intelligence will be tested on Monday:

How is HHH going to explain why Sheamus didn't cash in on Rollins, while he was injured in Ring!?!?

As long as Rollins was in ring fighting, even if laying down in ring after, he was still ripe for pickings. Sheamus logically should have cashed in right then. But according to WWE logic, "why would someone cash in when not on TV aka RAW".

Now that Rollins has left the ring, and they basically took belt from him, Sheamus just can't cash in. However you should be allowed to cash in whenever, with no champion, Sheamus would win by default unless HHH gives the belt to someone....I feel crazy, cause there is a dozen great stories to do with this, but I know they won't do crap. I bet they don't give anyone the belt til WM.

However, I am so annoyed, and find this whole thing perplexing:

They made a huge fucking deal with D-Bry twice, etc. Do give up the god dam title and vacate it cause your injured. Yet they aren't going to even do anything on TV of Rollins handing over belt.

This is a problem for me, cause I want the show to evolve naturally, not take stops for things to only really happen behind scenes at creative.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
They probably didn't know Seth was seriously hurt and could no longer perform as champion until after the fact.

·
Banned
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
They probably didn't know Seth was seriously hurt and could no longer perform as champion until after the fact.
That's not the point. He was vulnerable and it was in Dublin. No, they didn't plan for this to happen, but you can't ask for a better solution. The title is now vacated if we are going with your argument of them not knowing. Which I feel is a solid argument on your behalf. I still think Sheamus cashing in on Seth there on the spot, or while the title was vacated shortly thereafter in Ireland makes the most sense. Hold a huge press conference and The Authority there with HHH. Basically as someone said earlier HHH would throw Seth under the bus and talk up Sheamus as taking the opportunity and running with it. It's a story that tells itself and happens by accident. This goes to show how awful main roster booking actually is when something by accident can make more sense than something planned for 8 weeks.

·
Don't get between a wolf & its prey!
14,362 Posts
Because it was a house show & it would make no sense to waste a mitb cash in at a house show. House shows also don't follow WWE canon so they'd also have to explain why Rollins was facing Kane.

·
Banned
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Because it was a house show & it would make no sense to waste a mitb cash in at a house show. House shows also don't follow WWE canon so they'd also have to explain why Rollins was facing Kane.
People already know that Rollins was facing Kane. The fans in attendance and everyone that knows about the injury. There is footage. Kayfabe is dying. Haven't you heard? The title is vacant. Why hold a tournament when someone can just cash in. There is no rule about it stating that the cash in can only happen when there is a title holder.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts