Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
version 2.0
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, alot of people want to know why their banners suck.
Mainly X-Treme.

I am going to tell you.
[Most] People say my banners are so good. In reality they're not all that special. (To me at least)
The reason they look better than alot of people's is:
Most people exclaim how much better PSP is that Photoshop.
I say "You're an idiot." PSP doesn't deliver the power Photoshop has.

Most "banner makers" make a semi-cool background then slap some Cuts on there, and add some god awful text.
I make a background, blend it in with other backgrounds, add some nice cuts, fade them, give them some blending, and add some text with 'pazaz!' All in the same amount of time. Yet there's a major difference.

So I lied, I'm not going to tell you straight out, but I hope you got the 'message'.

STRAIGHT OUT VERSION:

Delete PSP.
Download Photoshop, or buy it.
Make a nice effect, and blend it with something. (USE PREMADES IF YOU HAVE TO)
Add some cuts with effect.
Add some text that has more than an outline.

Add most of all:
STOP MAKING THE GOD DAMN RAINBOW BANNERS. YOU CAN'T USE CUTS OF KANE AND THROW THEM ON A GREEN BG. IT JUST DOESN'T LOOK GOOD. AT LEAST MAKE HIM GREEN.
...USE COLOR SCHEMES, AND KEEP IT TO 3 COLORS THE GO TOGETHER OR LESS.

-Thank you,
OlympicZero.

If you have any questions, PM them to someone else, because I told you everything you need to know above.

A

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the information there OlympicZero thats given me some great ideas.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I agree with OZ..I usually make my banners with PSP and I can a big difference between PSP and Photoshop banners.Text is a huge item to make a banner look good.I totally suck at banners and all.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I tried PSP 7 a long time ago and just never got used to it.

Photoshop is a great program and just shits all over everything else.

·
Registered
240 Posts
i agree
my banners do suck but that because i haven't got photoshop ive got sucky Fireworks so thats why don't give a shit most of the time

·
Registered
240 Posts
give me some hints then
i hate fireworks but none of the school computers that have burners have photoshop so i can't get it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts