Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Gargano and Ciampa don't like each other. It's a grudge match. That's not a main event match. They aren't main event guys. Gargano can be, but Ciampa is not. Nothing in NXT has established them both as top guys where Almas and Black have. I would get it if Almas and Black had no build up and it was just a random challenger. There is a story behind this as well though. I also don't think Gargano and Ciampa can have as good of a match as Almas and Black.

·
Premium Member
17,159 Posts
It technically is. Gargano v Ciampa is unsanctioned. :draper2

Aside from that, Gargano v Ciampa is about a year in building and Gargano is arguably "the guy" in NXT.

Reactions: jacobrgroman

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The main event is the match that everyone is there to see. And that match isn’t the NXT Title match.
This whole card is stacked, I doubt Gargano vs Ciampa is a deciding factor.

It technically is. Gargano v Ciampa is unsanctioned. :draper2

Aside from that, Gargano v Ciampa is about a year in building and Gargano is arguably "the guy" in NXT.
Unsanctioned, in a state with a sanctioning body looking over the event, where cops won't get involved and you'd just allow it to happen on a TV show...

None of it makes sense to me tbh.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
The title shouldn't always main event. The main event should be the biggest selling point, and most times, it should be the title, but there are exceptions, and in this case, that was Gargano vs Ciampa. Gargano is NXT's Daniel Bryan. It had the longest build, it had the most heat, and it had the most potential to be the best match, which it was.

Furthermore, storyline wise, it would've made no sense for this to be in the middle of the show, because it's unsanctioned. The way that I read the storyline, and I missed the entrances and the hype packages for Gargano vs Ciampa, so I don't know if they explicitly said this, they didn't during the match, as far as I'm concerned, Aleister Black vs Andrade "Cien" Almas was the official main event. Gargano vs Ciampa was not licensed, therefore it was not officially part of the show. That's why it had to be on last, because from an official capacity, the show had already ended.

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,398 Posts
This whole card is stacked, I doubt Gargano vs Ciampa is a deciding factor.

Unsanctioned, in a state with a sanctioning body looking over the event, where cops won't get involved and you'd just allow it to happen on a TV show...

None of it makes sense to me tbh.
:lol

Nothing in wrestling makes sense.

Irish whips?

Top rope moves?

Why not bring a gun to a hardcore match?

Wrestling is silly. This is nothing new. :lol

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Imagine Black/Almas having to follow that match? The crowd would have been dead. The Crowd was already abit silent for them because the crowd was still recovering from the opening match.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Imagine Black/Almas having to follow that match? The crowd would have been dead. The Crowd was already abit silent for them because the crowd was still recovering from the opening match.
The Almas vs Black match was better. The crowd had major dead spots during the match and tried getting themselves back into the batch with edgy chants.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
The Almas vs Black match was better. The crowd had major dead spots during the match and tried getting themselves back into the batch with edgy chants.
It doesn't matter which match was better, it's what match the fans were more interested in seing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It doesn't matter which match was better, it's what match the fans were more interested in seing.
I guess I'm just lost on who would care more about Gargano and Ciampa. Then again I've been watching them for like 7 years.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I guess I'm just lost on who would care more about Gargano and Ciampa. Then again I've been watching them for like 7 years.
Their storyline is a year in the making with Gargano who is the most over babyface on the roster having his nxt career on the line.

·
Registered
485 Posts
It's all about opinions. For me Gargano/Ciampa was better, not by much admittedly. Any match on that card could have held its own as a main event for various reasons.

Going into the event though Gargano/Ciampa was the one I was most looking forward to. I was still surprised to see it close, but the logic in doing so was obvious.

If they suddenly decided the CW title match was going to main event tonight then that would be worthy of protest. This wasn't a massive shock.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
This was akin to HBK/HHH at Summerslam 2002.

This PPV was stacked. The Ladder match, NXT title and this match I loved all 3.

This match had some real emotion in it. Incredible heat for Ciampa. I mean holy shit it was great. The promo package before the match had me excited for the match.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts