Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with all the unused talent why hasn't TNA used some of them for an impact road show? or even a 2nd show to do small venues insted of reaction. if there was a WWE show and an TNA show in my area (boston) id rather go see the small TNA show then a raw so why isnt it happening? are people really not that interested? or should i just stop drinking so much?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Because attendance would be abysmal and they would lose money. A better idea would be to tape 2 episodes of Impact in one night in an outside venue every 2 months. There's not as much risk doing that.

·
Registered
611 Posts
It may happen more sooner than we think
Oct 13, 2010,
TNA officials are said to be seriously entertaining the idea of running pay-per-view events outside the Impact Zone more frequently. Jeff Jarrett alluded to this at the end of his recent interview with Brian Fritz of Fanhouse.com on Sunday night.

Dot Net confirmed with TNA sources that the goal is to run more pay-per-view events outside the Impact Zone more frequently, as well as eventually tape Impact in or around the pay-per-view markets. One source noted that it's still in the discussion stage and estimated that it's likely a year away from happening, but there is a serious movement to take the shows on the road more often.

Powell's POV: My guess is that we'll see more pay-per-view events run outside of Orlando long before they start taping Impact on the road, but I love the idea of both. Obviously, the key is that it has to be cost effective for TNA, as there are obviously extra costs associated with running outside the Impact Zone. Ultimately, though, I think it would enhance the television product tremendously.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts