Wrestling Forum banner

Why is WWE's Four Horsewomen being treated as major stars and not supporting characters?

1776 22
The likes of Becky Lynch, Bayley, Sasha Banks and Charlotte Flair are being treated at the same level as the likes of Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins than the women of the Divas Era.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
9,654 Posts
Where are you getting this from?

Sasha hasnt had a singles ppv win since 2017 ( excluding that becky dq nonsense) and Bayley's been booked like a clown that isnt even trusted to carry a feud by herself. Hell even Charlie's booking isn't as bad as it once was.

One/two out of four does not equal the horsewomen

· Registered
2,523 Posts
Bayley and Sasha are absolutely not treated on the same level as the male stars.
Charlotte, maybe to some degree, but she is a Flair and one of the most talented women on the roster.
However if you count the number of times shes been in major segments on tv, or headlined ppv's shes still behind most of the men.

Becky Lynch is the one who is treated most like a star, because she frankly has more star power than the rest of the women, and a lot of the men. She sells a lot of merch, has stayed consistently over with the majority of the audience, and gets the company a lot of positive exposure through magazine covers etc. If someone is over with the audience and makes you money, that's the prime reason to push someone right?

· Premium Member
No one is ready for Konami
3,965 Posts
Excuse them for putting women on TV.. If they didn't, more people would bitch about that.

· Premium Member
27,395 Posts
The likes of Becky Lynch, Bayley, Sasha Banks and Charlotte Flair are being treated at the same level as the likes of Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins than the women of the Divas Era.
You know the answer. Why even ask?

WWE wants their females stars to be seen on par with male stars. It looks good to show you support women.

Duh. Did you miss the past 6 years? Past WrestleMania? Past "women's first.....everything"?

You can complain about it in the other 10 threads made a day.

· Registered
1,826 Posts
Becky was for a period of time the most interesting thing in all of wwe. I had tuned out of the product but I would still tune into youtube just for her segments. The invasion during the survivor series build, her bloodies face smirking, her interactions on the mic with men. It was all refreshing. Listen to the pop she received at the rumble. At mania. She,s fell off alot in the past 8 months but Becky has reached that next level. That Punk/Bryan level. So she,s a bigger deal than Rollins to me. The rest like someone else mentioned are not with the exception of Charlotte and her dad is the goat.

· Registered
3,342 Posts
Because they're the biggest women stars on the show? The horsewomen all debuted in big moments. They have been pushed as the top echelon of women's wrestling since NXT. Bayley, Sasha and Becky have been top merch sellers for multiple years and all 4 had some of the best women's matches in WWE history. Becky's is a major star, her haters have to get it through their simple brains. Sasha a few years ago was also a major star. Bayely in NXT was a major star and was for her first few months on the MR. They are still top stars on SD. Bayley has been SD champ longer then Becky and Charlotte in less time on SD. Charlotte is a star because of her constant push and her father. I have no problem with pushing Charlotte what I have a problem with is Charlotte being pushed over more over women.

If you want to get even more deep is women are being pushed more today than the Diva's division because of PR. Women's empowerment is big now and WWE want to get their ass kissed and get praised but even then the Horsewomen should be considered as stars because they all got over(Charlotte less) and became popular that equals to a Roman and Seth's popularity.

· Banned
4,136 Posts
Becky and Charlotte are the only ones being treated as major stars and Becky is the only one that feels like one. Sasha and Bayley haven't been booked correctly since NxT, they're both most likely still beneth Alexa Bliss which them being made to look so weak in their feud with Lacey Evans shows that.

· Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
Soul
33,239 Posts
It's because those four are the only ones that connects with the crowd, talented and actually build like stars. Mostly Becky at the moment and she feels like one in my view. They been there for almost 65 percent of the decade since 2012 late in Sasha's case, Charlotte/Bayley/Becky 2013 NXT. They are home grown and despite their bad booking moments, comes up on top. They also sell merch which helps them a lot.

· Registered
2,523 Posts
Because they are chosen ones, they are the female counterpart of The SHIELD.
I wouldnt exactly call Becky a chosen one.
She's the only one of the HW who didn't win the title in nxt.

She's also the only one of the HW who didn't win a main roster title within months of her debut, it took her a year, and probably only got a title win because of the brand split.

She lost the title after only two and a half months, and then spent two and a half years with no direction, until she turned heel on Charlotte and the fans really got behind her.

Of course WWE arr fully behind her now, but unlike the other three, she was given very little for most of her WWE carreer.

· Registered
15,663 Posts

· Registered
2,439 Posts
They are the least interesting thing in WWE for me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.