Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He wins NXT and to be honest was a clear favourite by the final episode of Season 2. It then takes WWE 3 weeks or so to debut him on SmackDown, and he loses his opening match... ok, I can deal with this, he was going up against Drew McIntyre, and established superstar.

However, Kaval has now jobbed his last 3 matches and has yet to win on SmackDown. I do think SmackDown is the right show for him, however, for someone who has a guaranteed title match of his choosing on a PPV of his choice, it doesn't seem like they are giving him much momentum.

What are your thoughts on Kaval's SmackDown stint so far?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
My thoughts are the same. He's booked like Funaki or something right now: great in the ring, gets to show a few fancy moves during his insignificant midcard matches, and ultimately jobs clean. I don't get it.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Yeah it's quite annoying when i think about it. But i remember that Punk was booked very poorly before winning his first world championship so i'm just gonna stay optimistic about Kaval's future. Kaval is NXT Season 2's winner after all, he's still got that championship match contract as a tool to elevate himself.

·
I GOT ALOT LEFT IN THE TANK
4,541 Posts
I have no clue why they let him win. I'm thinking Kaval would be used better on Raw. I mean losing to Chavo Guerrero of all people? How are we supposed to believe he'd be able to cash in a world championship match. Even on NXT he was made to look like a fool with LayCool. Not sure if it's his size or his background but they are wasting the "Next Break Out Star" moniker.

·
Registered
661 Posts
He wins NXT and to be honest was a clear favourite by the final episode of Season 2. It then takes WWE 3 weeks or so to debut him on SmackDown, and he loses his opening match... ok, I can deal with this, he was going up against Drew McIntyre, and established superstar.

However, Kaval has now jobbed his last 3 matches and has yet to win on SmackDown. I do think SmackDown is the right show for him, however, for someone who has a guaranteed title match of his choosing on a PPV of his choice, it doesn't seem like they are giving him much momentum.

What are your thoughts on Kaval's SmackDown stint so far?
I think that if the voting in NXT counts at all, that the WWE is making the right choice.

They knew Kaval was a fan favorite, so they decided to make him bad. The fans are supposed to decide on the best wrestler and promo cutter on NXT to win, but instead they chose the guy with the losing record but who was a big star outside of the WWE. They chose the guy that couldn't win. So subsequently that is showing in Kaval right now. The fans chose a guy who couldn't beat rookies, so logically speaking, he shouldn't be able to beat pros.

This is only if the voting REALLY counts towards anything.

I suppose you could argue the case of Daniel Bryan, but he hopped onto the back of Nexus for a night then disappeared. I think the WWE can say that he "trained harder and stronger" or something like that for him to be able to come back and be the US Champ now.

In Kaval's case, he's technically just a rookie just out of the gates and is just fresh meat to the pros.

·
Registered
287 Posts
The right Answer = They're not burying Kaval. They made him look strong in all his maches and they point out that he's a rookie and comes up short because of a mistake.

·
Registered
581 Posts
WWE are probably making a point to the internet about how they are the top company and no matter how terrible their product is which 80% of it really is right now, they will continue to be top dogs.

As for Kaval, I am pretty sure he'll get a victory sooner rather than later which will be made a big deal out of.

·
WEF's #1 Oz Mark
11,119 Posts
Don't worry, he's got a Title Shot.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I think that if the voting in NXT counts at all, that the WWE is making the right choice.

They knew Kaval was a fan favorite, so they decided to make him bad. The fans are supposed to decide on the best wrestler and promo cutter on NXT to win, but instead they chose the guy with the losing record but who was a big star outside of the WWE. They chose the guy that couldn't win. So subsequently that is showing in Kaval right now. The fans chose a guy who couldn't beat rookies, so logically speaking, he shouldn't be able to beat pros.

This is only if the voting REALLY counts towards anything.

I suppose you could argue the case of Daniel Bryan, but he hopped onto the back of Nexus for a night then disappeared. I think the WWE can say that he "trained harder and stronger" or something like that for him to be able to come back and be the US Champ now.

In Kaval's case, he's technically just a rookie just out of the gates and is just fresh meat to the pros.
Right.

But are they trying to make us forget that he's due a a shot at any title of his choice, at the PPV of his choice?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Having a guaranteed title shot doesn't mean you're automatically a big deal. And if Kaval is on the losing end now, why would he waste his title shot? It would be smart of him to find himself adapting to the roster and using his title shot when he's ready.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
It's not really bothering me i got a good vibe about him so no biggy about these loses

he'll be more successful as a heel

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
His theme music is Epic so Kaval will be fine.

·
The Man Comes Around
8,486 Posts
WWE still got " hey buddie you maybe a great wrestler in the Indys but now you're with the big boys " mentality

Kaval will loose a couple of times before be a credible mid carder

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Thank you now i have something to add to my dictionary

3 losses = BURRIED!

Jeez....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts