Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,090 Posts
At Wrestlemania 33 Triple H had another boring match, the match was slow and lethargic, the crowd was dead and the only thing people remember about the match is the table spot with Stephanie.....
Alright, for once I'm going to actually give you this one, partially. You are right that the match was indeed terrible.

But it's not Triple H's fault. Or at least, it's not his fault to an extent.

I'll explain that in a moment. But the main blame needs to be put on Rollins, who went in with an injury that, storyline wise, was supposed to be so bad that doctors wouldn't clear him. And yet despite this, he kept doing a lot of high impact moves that involved the use of that leg, showing completely no regard for the story of the match, not making any kind of adjustment to the injury like a smart pro wrestler would, and just wrestled it like a normal everyday match. And every time he decided to sell the leg AFTER hitting a move, it felt like he was basically saying fuck you to the entire audience.

The only thing I will criticize Triple H for is allowing this to happen. He's been in this business for 20+ years. He should know better by now. He allowed it to happen and it made the match terrible. Otherwise, I thought he played his role perfectly fine.

·
Banned
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Hello DKL, it's good to see you again. That too in a perfect return with a HHH thread. I will wait for The Haitch.

That is because he is the fucking Game. He still brings more intensity to his feuds and is a bigger name than anyone on the main roster. Without the association with HHH God knows where Rollins would be today. His win at WM 33 is the biggest in his career. The match was not great but it was good. True that the timing of Rollins match was off. Rollins should have returned as a face and match should have happened at Summerslam. Hey but that is not on HHH. It is on the creative, they seem to reserve all the big matches for WM ignoring other ppvs nowadays. Didn't HHH wrestle at ER and Payback in 2014 and again at RB in 2016. He would do if the creative wanted.
:HA

Triple H marks always make me laugh ...

So now are the creatives who tell Triple Nose to reserve his matches for Wrestlemania, it's not Triple Nose who wants to wrestle only at Wrestlemania to have his big entrances and feed his ego, it's not Triple Nose trying to be relevant in 2017, no, it's the creatives who tell him what to do.....

Just stop with this BS, Triple Nose is a big egomaniac, he steals a top spot at Wrestlemania from the new talent because he wants to keep relevant and to keep with his obsession to make the fans think that he's an all time great....

The match he had at Extreme Rules 2014 it was a 6 man tag team match and at Royal Rumble 2016 he was in the Royal Rumble match.... he only wants to have one vs one at Wrestlemania, so stop blaming he bookers

And the win Rollins had over Triple Nose it made nothing for him, Rollins is still in the same position he was before facing Triple Nose, he wasn't elevated after facing Triple Nose.....

The most important thing about this, is that Triple Nose is old and passed his prime, his matches are always slow and terrible, he shouldn't be stealing top spots at Wrestlemania from new talent under no circumstances.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
:HA

Triple H marks always make me laugh ...

So now are the creatives who tell Triple Nose to reserve his matches for Wrestlemania, it's not Triple Nose who wants to wrestle only at Wrestlemania to have his big entrances and feed his ego, it's not Triple Nose trying to be relevant in 2017, no, it's the creatives who tell him what to do.....

Just stop with this BS, Triple Nose is a big egomaniac, he steals a top spot at Wrestlemania from the new talent because he wants to keep relevant and to keep with his obsession to make the fans think that he's an all time great....

The match he had at Extreme Rules 2014 it was a 6 man tag team match and at Royal Rumble 2016 he was in the Royal Rumble match.... he only wants to have one vs one at Wrestlemania, so stop blaming he bookers

And the win Rollins had over Triple Nose it made nothing for him, Rollins is still in the same position he was before facing Triple Nose, he wasn't elevated after facing Triple Nose.....

The most important thing about this, is that Triple Nose is old and passed his prime, his matches are always slow and terrible, he shouldn't be stealing top spots at Wrestlemania from new talent under no circumstances.
Did Taker, Goldberg or even Brock wrestle a proper match in the last one year other than mania? No part timer does. That is just WWE nowadays reserving all of them for WM. Is there any reliable report that suggest the creative wanted HHH to wrestle before mania and he denied? HHH has wrestled even Dolph at Raw, Dean at RB and even did some house shows if required. So shove all your baseless accusations up your ass.

HHH can even wrestle Dolph at mania or any other show and will still be more relevant than anyone in the roster today.

Rollins has WM win over HHH in his resume. Only a very few stars have that and it is huge. Capitalizing on it and becoming a star is in hands.

Reactions: wwe9391

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
cus he still got THA SWELL, BROTHERR

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Guess who made this thread ? :lol

But yeah I agree he should retire now. Because he only show up in WM season & eat 30 minutes part of Mania.

·
Actively avoiding Testicular Torsion
4,025 Posts
Because despite his age he can deliver promos and matches better than many on the current roster, and for the nostalgia factor.

·
Banned
4,811 Posts
Wrestlemania is what, 5-6 hours now? Triple H matches allow people enough time to wait in long bathroom lines, use the bathroom, order more overpriced and stale arena food, go buy another pitcher of beer, and use the cell phone charging station. Triple H's matches have been the bathroom break/intermission match for quite some time.

Triple H is delusional. He believes himself to have the aura of the Undertaker and the wrestling skills of Ric Flair. It couldn't be quite the contrary: he is neither demanded at Wrestlemania nor can he put on a clinic.

Triple H doesn't add anything to the product anymore. Going over him doesn't mean much since we know he'll be off-screen the rest of the year when the ratings are abysmal. He also isn't a torch bearer so going over him means nothing when the man has already reached his expiration date. He also lacks the starpower to draw viewers to the product. If anything, Triple H on the card takes away from other matches for he has long, sterilized, boring matches and long cringe-worthy entrances. That time would best be spent giving rhe undercard more time or taking out great atheletes from multiman cards.

I agree. Triple H should hang up the boots because his matches completely deplete the audiences of dopamine.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Alright, for once I'm going to actually give you this one, partially. You are right that the match was indeed terrible.

But it's not Triple H's fault. Or at least, it's not his fault to an extent.

I'll explain that in a moment. But the main blame needs to be put on Rollins, who went in with an injury that, storyline wise, was supposed to be so bad that doctors wouldn't clear him. And yet despite this, he kept doing a lot of high impact moves that involved the use of that leg, showing completely no regard for the story of the match, not making any kind of adjustment to the injury like a smart pro wrestler would, and just wrestled it like a normal everyday match. And every time he decided to sell the leg AFTER hitting a move, it felt like he was basically saying fuck you to the entire audience.

The only thing I will criticize Triple H for is allowing this to happen. He's been in this business for 20+ years. He should know better by now. He allowed it to happen and it made the match terrible. Otherwise, I thought he played his role perfectly fine.
as usual u provide a good insight to the structure of the match, its been bothering me the whole time seths been injured

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
I don't like the guy, but I'm fine with him having 1 or 2 matches a year. I don't watch raw but it seems he hasn't been around since Mania (correct me if I'm wrong) so I don't see the problem.

·
Banned
4,811 Posts
I don't like the guy, but I'm fine with him having 1 or 2 matches a year. I don't watch raw but it seems he hasn't been around since Mania (correct me if I'm wrong) so I don't see the problem.
We are all happy Triple Nose isn't around year-round. His Wrestlemania match is bad because it has a poor return of investment:

1) No one looks any better beating HHH. There is no HHH rub.
2) His matches are too long and boring. They put the crowd into a stupor.
3) At least 40 minutes are wasted on HHH's entrance + match when that allotted time could be allocated to other performers or increasing the length of other matches
4) Triple H doesn't draw viewers to Wrestlemania
5) Triple H's match condition viewers that part-timers matter more than full-timers
6) More Stephanie McMahon screentime

Triple H is not a wrestling god like Flair/Michaels. Furthermore, he's not an annual draw like The Undertaker. He's just kind of there.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
cos he sells tickets

Reactions: Jay Valero

·
Banned
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
Because despite his age he can deliver promos and matches better than many on the current roster, and for the nostalgia factor.
:HA :HA

Every time someone says Triple Nose cuts good promos I die in laughter, the guy has been killing the ratings with his long ass boring promos since 2002.

Triple Nose made WWE unwatchable since 2002 with his consistent 30 minutes boring ass promos every damn week, and now you're telling me that he's good on the mic?

I mean, really?

Because he still has it and is in great shape. The fuck is wrong with these fans today?

He still has it? Yeah, he still has a big nose, but that doesn't mean he has to keep wrestling in 2017...

21 - 40 of 80 Posts