Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about this earlier and I couldn't understand it.
For instance, on the last episode of SmackDown they were looking for someone to face Christian for the WHC, and so Mark Henry, Kahli and Orton came out. Now instead of Teddy Long pulling off all this "WWE Universe can choose", why didn't they make it a fatal four way or something? I think that would have made a far better Championship match.

However I'm not even just talking about championship matches. In general, WWE really seems to have a lack of multi-man matches. It always just seems to be 1 on 1's or tag teams. There's never any Tornado Tags, or Fatal Four Ways, or even Triple Threats. I'm trying to understand why week after week we have 1 on 1 main events which are just singles matches. I appreciate they might wanna save matches like Ladder/Table/TLC etc for PPVs because they're more extreme, but I really can't see why they don't have more multi-man matches. WWE's scripted for goodness sake, why should it matter if there are more than 2 competing at once? One superstar/diva is gonna come out on top regardless.

I think multi-men feuds for championships would sometimes be a lot more exciting than just 1 superstar/diva going for it. Remember the 6 pack challenge match for the WWE Championship last year at Night of Champions? That was great! They need more PPV Championship matches like that one.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Because when e had lots of multi man matches everyone complained that they weren't spending any time trying to actually build matches and wrestlers just taking the short cut and throwing everyone in and seeing what stuck.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
I was thinking about this too. I miss sick-man tag team matches (as Kurt Angle would say) being a regular thing. Now they only happen on special occasions.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I was thinking about this only a couple days ago, but more along the lines of making different feuds interact. On of my ideas was to make Y2J vs Miz another WM28 match and have Y2J side with Cena in 'hating The Rock' because they have history and so do Cena and Miz. Make it a 4-man feud in the build-up to 2 singles matches.

Like the opposite of having singles matches between wrestlers from 2 tag-teams, culminating in a tag match at a PPV.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I was thinking about this earlier and I couldn't understand it.
For instance, on the last episode of SmackDown they were looking for someone to face Christian for the WHC, and so Mark Henry, Kahli and Orton came out. Now instead of Teddy Long pulling off all this "WWE Universe can choose", why didn't they make it a fatal four way or something? I think that would have made a far better Championship match.
Did you just say that adding Khali to a match would make it better?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts