Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a lot of Kane hate on this forum as well as others who seem so pissed off Kane is world champion. When Khali won I didnt see this much hate so why Kane? I bet if Mark henry won the WORLD TITLE AND WWE TITLE tomorrow people wouldnt care. Kane busted his ass for 13 plus years in WWE and he put over so much talent. Hes a company man who even turned down title shots in the past. I know theres alot of guys who been in WWE just as long who never got the title or a shot but Kane is different, he brings something to the table those guys dont. If Kane wasnt good he woulda been released a long time ago.

Kane worked hard for 13 years so he deserves it plus its not like he will hold the title till mania anyway. Hes a 2-3 month champ as best then all you guys can go back to marking over KOFI DREW THE MIZ OMG LOL.....

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
There is a lot of Kane hate on this forum as well as others who seem so pissed off Kane is world champion. When Khali won I didnt see this much hate so why Kane? I bet if Mark henry won the WORLD TITLE AND WWE TITLE tomorrow people wouldnt care. Kane busted his ass for 13 plus years in WWE and he put over so much talent. Hes a company man who even turned down title shots in the past. I know theres alot of guys who been in WWE just as long who never got the title or a shot but Kane is different, he brings something to the table those guys dont. If Kane wasnt good he woulda been released a long time ago.

Kane worked hard for 13 years so he deserves it plus its not like he will hold the title till mania anyway. Hes a 2-3 month champ as best then all you guys can go back to marking over KOFI DREW THE MIZ OMG LOL.....
Haha newbie fail. Ok when Khali won there was a huge backlash, and if Mark Henry won the U.S. title we would care. The reason why Kane even got his title reign is because SmackDown has no main event talent, Kane is a WWE vet they won't just release him out the dry look at Goldust.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
I don't particularly care that Kane is champion on SmackDown since everything that happens on SmackDown is mostly irrelevant. I like Kane, have enjoyed his work for the most part throughout his career and respect the hell out of the man for his contributions.

However, the reasons why he shouldn't be champion are many. He's 43 years old, he's fat, he's growing more immobile by the day, he's been jobbing basically since 2004, and - this is the big one - he offers nothing long term. I'm not totally opposed to the idea of using the title as a "lifetime achievement award" of sorts, but the fact is that by putting the title on one old guy (Kane) so he can pass it along to another old guy (Undertaker) is totally counterproductive for a company that's supposed to be in the midst of a youth movement.

·
Asuka
96,222 Posts
I'll just re-post what I already said earlier.

The guy sucks. He's slow, sluggish and incredibly lethargic in the ring. On the mic, he has no control and just screams as loud as he can in a terrible acting attempt at being intimidating, he's involved in the absolute WORST storylines every year. He also never has any relevance on any show he's on unless it involves The Undertaker, who he's spent an entire career leeching off of. Kane is the worst wrestler on SmackDown!, he has no qualities that stand out and his sole accomplishments (real accomplishments, not the damn ECW title or some shit) are completely due to The Undertaker and really belong to him if you think about it. The ONLY reason people care about Kane is Taker, that's it, he's the American version of Khali.

The fact that CM Punk, SmackDown!'s current leader in number of WHC reigns (Undertaker is out, he doesn't count), as well as their best talent, and a young star hasn't done anything in the world title scene in MONTHS, yet this fat, jobber fuck is the world champion is downright embarassing.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
I'll just re-post what I already said earlier.

The guy sucks. He's slow, sluggish and incredibly lethargic in the ring. On the mic, he has no control and just screams as loud as he can in a terrible acting attempt at being intimidating, he's involved in the absolute WORST storylines every year. He also never has any relevance on any show he's on unless it involves The Undertaker, who he's spent an entire career leeching off of. Kane is the worst wrestler on SmackDown!, he has no qualities that stand out and his sole accomplishments (real accomplishments, not the damn ECW title or some shit) are completely due to The Undertaker and really belong to him if you think about it. The ONLY reason people care about Kane is Taker, that's it, he's the American version of Khali.

The fact that CM Punk, SmackDown!'s current leader in number of WHC reigns (Undertaker is out, he doesn't count), as well as their best talent, and a young star hasn't done anything in the world title scene in MONTHS, yet this fat, jobber fuck is the world champion is downright embarassing.
This sums it up nicely.

And in the words of Scott Steiner

HE'S FAT

·
Registered
7,449 Posts
THe same reason there is resentment for anyone. Haters are gonna hate. It's not like the show was stellar with Swagger or Mysterio as champions, and I like them both. Right now the championship is a plot device for the Undertaker storyline and I'd like to see what happens, although it seems pretty obvious that Kane did it.

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
Because it ultimately leads to another Undertaker world title reign. Kane has always been the doormat for Undertaker. What I mean by that is he has always been the one to be used when something big is happening with Taker. Taker vs Vince...Kane was the one to turn on him and that led to the return of the deadman where he squashed Kane at Mania. Now if Kane is revealed as the attacker, which he will be fpalm, it's gonna lead to Taker's return and revenge to win the title from him. That's the ONLY reason he won the title in the first place.

·
Premium Member
4,757 Posts
Some people are this forum show way too much hate, Kane's bust his ass for the company for years and years now, you finally get someone a bit different in the main event scene and urgh he's too fat, he's horrible on the mic. He really isn't that bad, otherwise Vince wouldn't have put the title on him.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Pyro™;8682558 said:

I still can't get over this. Scott Steiner should've been the replacement for Conan O'Brien on The Tonight Show. :lmao

:lmao :lmao I love Steiner. The MEM were so great as well.

As for Kane being World Heavyweight Champion:
- He bores me.
- He is always involved in crap angles (Wrestling Observer Newsletter "Worst Feud of the Year" winner 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008).
- His character has been unbelievable and unconvincing for a number of years now.
- His promos are cliched and convoluted.
- He is 43 years old

Alicks said:
He really isn't that bad, otherwise Vince wouldn't have put the title on him.
That's far from a guarantee of quality. Khali?

·
Premium Member
4,757 Posts
:lmao :lmao I love Steiner. The MEM were so great as well.

As for Kane being World Heavyweight Champion:
- He bores me.
- He is always involved in crap angles (Wrestling Observer Newsletter "Worst Feud of the Year" winner 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008).
- His character has been unbelievable and unconvincing for a number of years now.
- His promos are cliched and convoluted.
- He is 43 years old

That's far from a guarantee of quality. Khali?
Ok i'll concede that one, but I honestly don't mind Kane. He deserves at least one decent lengthy reign before he finally retires.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
Ok i'll concede that one, but I honestly don't mind Kane. He deserves at least one decent lengthy reign before he finally retires.
This is what everyone around here doesn't seem to understand. After all the years he's been with this company, all the work he's done, he deserves a decent title reign.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Hasn't Kane said before he didn't want to hold the world title?

I think the Kane title reign is nice for his fans, they deserve it. And it also is obviously part of the storyline with the Undertaker. He put the Undertaker in a coma to clear the way to the world title for himself.

Everything in wrestling doesn't have to be about a youth movement.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
I agree 100% that he deserves a good title reign. Which, IMO, would mean beating Mysterio decisively at Summerslam and defeating The Undertaker at Night of Champions. I want him to have a 4-6 month reign. I've liked him since he came in in 1997... Come on, how could anyone like Isaac Yankem, DDS or "New Diesel"? Lol.

·
Banned
4,731 Posts
Cos Pyro says he sucks so he must do.

For so long people in the IWC were calling for Kane to be given a proper title reign simply because he deserved it and that's why he got such a good reaction when he cashed in on Rey even though it was Rey. Kane has been severely underused in recent years and whether that be down to him not wanting a push or creative being stupid, who knows, but finally it seems now he's back at the top which can only be a good thing because he is obviously main event talent.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Cos Pyro says he sucks so he must do.

For so long people in the IWC were calling for Kane to be given a proper title reign simply because he deserved it and that's why he got such a good reaction when he cashed in on Rey even though it was Rey. Kane has been severely underused in recent years and whether that be down to him not wanting a push or creative being stupid, who knows, but finally it seems now he's back at the top which can only be a good thing because he is obviously main event talent.
Fair enough, but you're not at all concerned over having a 43 and 45 year old feuding over the world title? Wouldn't it be better to have the same feud based solely on the angle, rather than unnecessarily invovling the title, which could be used to elevate younger talent?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Fair enough, but you're not at all concerned over having a 43 and 45 year old feuding over the world title? Wouldn't it be better to have the same feud based solely on the angle, rather than unnecessarily invovling the title, which could be used to elevate younger talent?
while what you mention would be a much, much better option however, incase you haven't noticed, Undertaker gets a title reign a year.

Kane deserves this title reign no matter how many people bash him or are against his current run. The man should of held world title gold more times than this and has only had a 24 hour reign in his entire 10+ years in this company, so I honestly do not understand why you continue to bash Kane when we all know the Undertaker is taking back the title for yet another useless and uneventful reign.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Why is it that the opinions of the IWC are the be all end all? People are forgetting the casuals who watch the show. It's quite clear that Kane is over, the casuals like Kane and this whole "vegatative state" storyline was very hard to get over. Although Kane put it over, was it too overdramatic? Possibly, but did it capture the attention of the WWE audience? Absolutely.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts