Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
The only one that has been consistently pushed out of those four since being brought up has been Charlotte. They started grooming her since her early days in nxt and put the title on her way too early. Whether thats because they saw something in her or she,s Rics daughter (who,s one of hhhs closest friends) I dunno. Becky was a midcarder despite strong reactions until last year where she became the most over person on the either roster by a landslide. Bayley has not had that strong of a push either and has floated alot despite being the top female in nxt for a period. Sasha was the defacto mvp of nxt coming into the mainroster yet got a few short runs and some mainevents against Charlotte yet nothing that big.

So to your point. They dont get reactions? They are 4 of the most over women ever. Who else do you put in there spot? Alexa? She got a bigger push then all of them except Charlotte. Asuka yes but no other women right now should be in the 4hw spots.

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
It really doesn't matter who they push anymore. There's not really a particular interest in women's wrestling in particular after the catastrophe of the Ronda debacle. They won't ever say it, of course, but the minute they went all in on the women's division, it flopped on them by most metrics. If Evolution was such a success, for example, why hasn't there been a 2nd one? You could blame a variety of things for it flopping, but at this point there's not really a process in mind aside from using the most convenient women at hand, which so happens to be the 4 Horses.

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts
Oh jobbing for another white blond she's being doing that for the past 3 years. so what's new?
:mj4

She's a 4 time womens champion. Yeah, they never pushed her.

Also, full disclosure, while my hatred for Sasha is genuine, my hatred for Lacey Evans is even more genuine. I wish NO ONE to ever do jobs for Lacey Evans. I just said that to wind you up, because I knew it would.

Well, here's a thought. MAYBE the reason they never pushed her (they did.....maybe not in the way you'd LIKE, but they did) is because she's a raging bitch with a bad attitude like Dolph Ziggler who constantly whines about her booking. Maybe if she'd shut up for 2 seconds, she'd get a push. That's probably what the idea behind this character is, promote this "I don't care how I'm booked, I want the cheese" character so that she doesn't have to whine all the time and we can push her when she isn't publicly embarrassing us on social media.

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
3,178 Posts
:mj4

She's a 4 time womens champion. Yeah, they never pushed her.

Also, full disclosure, while my hatred for Sasha is genuine, my hatred for Lacey Evans is even more genuine. I wish NO ONE to ever do jobs for Lacey Evans. I just said that to wind you up, because I knew it would.

Well, here's a thought. MAYBE the reason they never pushed her (they did.....maybe not in the way you'd LIKE, but they did) is because she's a raging bitch with a bad attitude like Dolph Ziggler who constantly whines about her booking. Maybe if she'd shut up for 2 seconds, she'd get a push. That's probably what the idea behind this character is, promote this "I don't care how I'm booked, I want the cheese" character so that she doesn't have to whine all the time and we can push her when she isn't publicly embarrassing us on social media.
Maybe we have different ideas of a push I don't consider 4 reigns With a combined 80 days a push.

Jobbing to Lacey is really not worst then jobbing to Mandy (which she has done. multiple times) so it won't really upset me more then that.

Yeah here we go again with the attitude bullshit. they have pushed so many assholes in the past (still do) the fact that they can't push Sasha because she cares about her booking is ridiculous.

·
Custom User Title
6,355 Posts
It's because WWE feels like the only women who matter are the WWE 4HW, ratings wise.

Nevermind the fact that the only three women on RAW who have made a positive impact on the ratings are Becky, Asuka, and Kairi. I remember Nattie and Charlotte's match against the IIconics losing over 100,000 viewers.

I couldn't tell you Smackdown breakdowns. NXT though, the biggest draws are Io (who is apparently incredibly popular with teenagers, all of her stuff to this point has seen increases in viewership during her segments), and Rhea and Tegan to a lesser extent.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
They push Becky cuz she's the face, Charlie cuz of her father. Sasha and Bayley are only currently getting attention cuz of the video game coming out. Once the build up dies down I'm sure they'll be fridged again.

That being said we'll see whats up when the current crop of WWE divas come to the main roster.

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
Io is badass and clearly light years ahead of the other women they have.
Yes but WWE isn't a wrestling company. It's time we come to terms with that. They're only interested in their "stories" and featuring rambling public speakers to fill up 5 hours of airtime per week. Who can blame them? The strongest wrestling content on TV is NXT and it can barely draw more than a sports preshow on most weeks.

The Rusev-Lana stuff, the repetitive promos week after week from the usual suspects...that's Vince's WWE.

Yeah some people can bump their asses off or do a flip...Vince doesn't care and neither do main roster crowds. Cuck stories are what interests the WWE audiences, not great wrestlers or even great characters anymore. Decades of heavily pushed bland performers and a de-emphasis on wrestling has a trained a crowd to just doesn't care about anything anymore, and Vince is happy to oblige that crowd.

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts
Maybe we have different ideas of a push I don't consider 4 reigns With a combined 80 days a push.

Jobbing to Lacey is really not worst then jobbing to Mandy (which she has done. multiple times) so it won't really upset me more then that.

Yeah here we go again with the attitude bullshit. they have pushed so many assholes in the past (still do) the fact that they can't push Sasha because she cares about her booking is ridiculous.
It's not because she's an asshole, it's because she criticizes the company.

This company is not run by a normal man. Remember that. This isn't Tony Khan, it's Vince McMahon. You can't criticize the company or it's your ass. FFS, there was a freak out in the Asuka thread the other day (that I participated in, fyi, I don't apologize for my paranoia) about how WWE was going to bury Asuka because she missed a flight. That would NEVER, EVER be a thought that would be discussed in another promotion, but it's not another promotion, it's WWE. This is a company where you can be buried for SNEEZING in front of Vince. Legit, that's not a joke, you can. He hates it.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,207 Posts
Io is badass and clearly light years ahead of the other women they have.
So was Asuka. If there was ever a can't miss talent coming up from NXT it was Asuka.

Then we got "Charlotte was ready for Asuka".

·
Custom User Title
6,355 Posts
I just hope Io remains in NXT. They are letting her have a decent amount of freedom with her character and ring work. She is pretty much going to be the top heel of the division once Shayna moves on. She's already over all of their advertising as well, and she's insanely marketable and a positive ratings mover for NXT. I don't think they'll move her up any time soon.

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
So was Asuka. If there was ever a can't miss talent coming up from NXT it was Asuka.

You know that they'd just love to feed the Ace of Stardom to Charlotte. While Asuka was one of the most well travelled and internationally reknown journeywomen wrestlers in the world with as much travel miles on her as AJ Styles, Io Shirai has a rep as one of the best pure workers in the world period. But remember, Charlotte has to be the best in the world. if not greatest of all time. Maybe she will never be the greatest star in the WWE by even a longshot, but she's still the best female wrestler in the world. You can't have other great wrestlers out there who are better than her in the ring. It ruins the narrative.

It's kinda like how they had Cain job to Brock. They can't have someone out there better than the person they spent years building up.

·
Baby Yoda
29,317 Posts

IMO Io is better and more impressive than Asuka was in NXT. I think she'll transition to the main roster better than Asuka.

She's amazing in between those ropes and has a more convential look than Asuka i.e. she's fucking hot.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts