Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
lockdown probs is liked a bit more as the tna usually has more extreme matches. on other hand wwe, hhh vs undertaker, was not so extreme, probs due to their ages though

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
It is????

I think the whole concept sucks. Matches with no build-up are inside a cell. That's just wrong.
Nail on the head

Hell in a Cell used to be sacred. A match to end all matches. The ultimate feud ender

Now its just an annual match where nobody gives a fuck

·
Registered
21,634 Posts
I don't think there's a large group of people who love one and hate the other. The idea of a full show of one gimmick is tiring already.

·
Best In The World
4,752 Posts
tna sucks already tbh so i dont care

the reason is hate HITC is because it was a fantastic match up there was only a couple of bad matches until the PPV was created now its just watered down and isnt as special

·
Registered
348 Posts
I HATE the Hell in a Cell PPV but I don't mind TNA Lockdown, I will tell you why.

I Barely give a fuck about TNA. So if they have a good Lockdown PPV I'm happy that we saw a few good matches take place.

NOW, HIAC is probably my favourite gimmick match of all time. It's an awesome concept and like someone above said, it was the match to end a feud. Now though because of the stupid fucking gimmick PPVs(Whoever came up with this idea should be fucking killed) it has ruined that special feeling that came along with witnessing a HIAC match. The epicness will be missed.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I don't know about Lockdown but the Hell in a Cell used to be the big feud ender usually involving either Triple H or The Undertaker. Now any kinds of monkeys can get in and face each other in there. Also, having two or three cell matches in one night is just overkill, especially when guys like Orton, Del Rio and Mark Henry are let in.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I love Lockdown because usually the majority of the matches have been built up to give them the excuse of having them inside a cage. All 3 of the upper card matches were built up well especially Roode vs Storm.

Hell in a Cell is usually matches just thrown together with a couple of weeks of build up which is a disgrace when you think just how amazing that match was before

·
Registered
123 Posts
The big difference is that TNA actually builds up their big matches to Lockdown(e.g. Roode vs. Storm & Lethal Lockdown stuff). In WWE the HIAC PVV is sandwiched between SummerSlam and Survivor Series and the big matces are saved for those two.

Also TNA was first to do the gimmick PPV thing witch was kinda interesting at the time. I agree that now the whole thing is just blaah

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Lockdown is not loved by everyone. I hate that PPV, and Elimination Chamber, and Hell in a Cell. It's overkill to have the same gimmick match multiple times on a PPV. These matches should feel special, but thanks to the gimmick PPV explosion, they're run into the ground.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I don't know I think its because TNA take it at face-value that its just a gimmick PPV and the matches range from good to downright fucking insane but its always entertaining. And the matches have a proper build and there's actually a reason for the matches

With HITC WWE still markets the match as being such a big deal when its obvious that the Cell itself is shoehorned in the build for the matches simply because it has to be there and to me that just takes some of the fun away from the matches

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
The HIAC PPV has over used such a rare and important match (once a upon a time my favourite). also the fact that it isnt even hardcore defeats the whole point of having such a match

Lockdown overall has been one TNAs best PPVs (in history). plus its only a cage match, not something crazy big like HIAC

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Lockdown is an all cage PPV that offers something different to the fans. The name of the PPV makes sense towards the ENTIRE PPV. TO make Lockdown better TNA needs to simply never use the cage other than on this event.

HIAC is the name of one match within the PPV. SO its just a pointless name for the PPV If WWE had a WWE Locked Up PPV where every match was in a steel cage it would get the same reaction that Lockdown gets.

As others have said the 'love' for one more than the other isn't massive.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Lockdown is an all cage PPV that offers something different to the fans. The name of the PPV makes sense towards the ENTIRE PPV. TO make Lockdown better TNA needs to simply never use the cage other than on this event.

HIAC is the name of one match within the PPV. SO its just a pointless name for the PPV If WWE had a WWE Locked Up PPV where every match was in a steel cage it would get the same reaction that Lockdown gets.

As others have said the 'love' for one more than the other isn't massive.
It's not just one Hell in a Cell match at the PPV

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,548 Posts
Lol at the amount of anti TNA posts on this thread. That's what you get when you post on a WWE forum:rolleyes:.

Anyway I'm not sure about how popular the Lockdown ppv is, but to answer the question. WWE just overexpose their special stipulation matches so much. We have a ppv for HIAC, TLC, Extreme Rules and Elimination Chamber. When you see something like that, it's hard to really get into. At least in the case of Lockdown, it's only once a year that we get a ppv like that so it's easier to except I suppose. Plus TNA isn't pg like WWE, so they can be a lot more violent in their match. Their lockdown matches aren't diluted like WWE's HIAC matches are.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Im sure if you asked on the TNA forum what they thought of Lockdown last night, they wouldnt be particularly positive either

1 - 20 of 24 Posts