Wrestling Forum banner

Why is the IWC so negative?

2679 Views 34 Replies 32 Participants Last post by  Triple Ass
Hi all,

Before anyone says it, I know I've been a member for 8 years but only made 100 posts but I've always been active on these forums, spending at least 2 hours a day on here.

The reaction on these forums to recent events such as The Rock's return and the HHH/'Taker stare down has left me feeling really unhappy with this website.

No matter what the WWE had done with the 2/21 promos, people would have moaned. I personally believed the no words promo worked wonders, as the old saying goes, actions speak louder than words, and seeing these legends go face to face and taunt each other was amazing. I reckon even if Sting had appeared and kicked ass, people would have still moaned about it.

Another example was Cena's old school promo on Raw...even though it wasn't as good as his old raps, it was still very entertaining and quite funny in places, yet the same group of people complained because he didn't say a "naughty" word in it.

This is only aimed at a small minority of people, the majority of people on here speak a lot of sense and I love reading most of the threads on here. It just seems that so many people are expecting miracles every week and then blaming the WWE when they don't happen.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
2,742 Posts
The reaction on these forums to recent events such as HHH/'Taker stare down has left me feeling really unhappy with this website.
LOL. I'm sorry, what? Am I not catering to your desired needs? I hated that staredown shit because Undertaker puts me to sleep and because I hate Triple H in general.

The whole point of a forum is to write your opinions on stuff. I think it's about time you got used to that or you're going to be very "unhappy" here for the majority of your stay. :rolleyes:

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL. I'm sorry, what? Am I not catering to your desired needs? I hated that staredown shit because Undertaker puts me to sleep and because I hate Triple H in general.

The whole point of a forum is to write your opinions on stuff. I think it's about time you got used to that or you're going to be very "unhappy" here for the majority of your stay. :rolleyes:
Trust me, I'm a bigger supporter of everyone is entitled to their own opinion than anyone on here....it just seems that no matter what the company do atm, a large group of people will complain...

It will be the same after WM...and the same when the anonymous Gm is finally revealed...

I just think that people should be happy with what we have atm and not worry about the Attitude Era 12 years ago, even though I loved that myself

· Registered
4,490 Posts
when you follow something very closely for a long time, you get to a point where you have seen it all, and you may frankly not even realize how bored you are with it. it becomes almost habit to watch, to talk about, look at forums, etc. its an abnormally large part of their life. so this frustration builds up to a point where nearly everything causes irritation...much like a marriage where no matter whta, the other person 'cant do anything right'. its no longer about just enjoying wrestling, its about getting things 'my way', and how all those supposed idiots dont know how to run a company.

people who watch for a year or two, then move on when they are bored or just grow out of it, rarely if ever do these types bother themselves to complain about it.

· Registered
4,666 Posts
I just think that people should be happy with what we have atm and not worry about the Attitude Era 12 years ago, even though I loved that myself
that's right. If it sucks, which it does now, don't say anything. We don't want to offend the "WWE Universe". God forbid.

What was the deal with cabin? This was LIVE tv, what happened during the commercial? Did the big nosed asshole just walk out of the ring? Were they like "we're tired of staring let's leave"? Something had to have happened, but because you don't want us to know, I guess I shouldn't care.

If you got whipped and were a slave, you would probably be like "I'm happy. I have a roof over my head. No need to complain here". Maybe it would be okay with you but I would be like "Come on, this is stupid. We can do better. we should be free". But I guess that's the difference between me and you.

· Rated PG
3,632 Posts
Why do I have to be happy that HHH and Taker are having a match with little to no build up?

Its bullshit really that these guys have done shit all on tv for a quite some time and now they are back just in time for the biggest PPV of the year.

· Registered
419 Posts
Because most of the people on this forum feel that reading a few wrestling autobiographies allows them to consider themselves "experts" on the nature of the business.

It's also the nature of the internet and is no different than any other forum you'll encounter.

· Registered
5,030 Posts
Why do I have to be happy that HHH and Taker are having a match with little to no build up?

Its bullshit really that these guys have done shit all on tv for a quite some time and now they are back just in time for the biggest PPV of the year.
Who would you prefer to main event then?

Because right now, we've got two of the E's biggest stars, both who wield the "unstoppable, invincible powerhouse" gimmick, head to head in a match. It's going to be a veritable clash of the titans, with Undertaker's opponent being only one of two men left in the company who can credibly challenge his undefeated streak.

Sure sounds like a Wrestlemania bout to me, not to mention an enormous draw.

And as for build, and the two supertars' convenient return, I'd honestly argue that with thse two, their combined status is so famous, so over, that they don't need any build, and they can return whenever the hell they want. It's not bullshit, it's the influence that both men obviously command over their audience.

But anyway, there's still plenty of time to build up the backstory to the bout to a proper climax. Not that it's really required.

As for the OP, I agree that people here are too negative. I think when you take a product, watch it day in, day out for years, and analyse it on an overly pedantic, scrupulously microscopic level, you are always going to come up with (perceived) flaws. Nothing is perfect. That happens with everything.

Not that I don't think the product sucks though - it does. But I still derive some enjoyment from it. At least in short bursts.

· Registered
828 Posts
....we've got two of the E's biggest stars, who both wield the "unstoppable, invincible powerhouse" gimmick, head to head in a match. It's going to be a veritable clash of the titans, with Undertaker's opponent being only one of two men left in the company who can credibly challenge his undefeated streak.

Sure sounds like a Wrestlemania bout to me, not to mention an enormous draw
Bingo, although I'm not sold on it doing great PPV numbers given the state of the business

Enjoyed the stare down, and the fans going wild made the silence work even better. Not everything needs to involve screaming (i.e. every TNA segment)

The match doesn't require convoluted Gewirtz-esque booking. HGH wants to end Undertaker's streak and avenge his buddy Shawn

Home invasions, people being struck by cars, or kidnapping aren't needed for this pre-match build-up....

· Registered
2,476 Posts
iwc doesn't exist. we're all just marks for taking the time to discuss the good and the flaws of a scripted show.

· Registered
1,052 Posts

There is tons of build-up towards Taker/HHH. He retired Shawn, HHH is Shawn's best friend. Plus there is still a good 6 weeks to build this match up.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.