Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· Registered
6,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why did they ban this move but allow much more dangerous kicks involving the head area? Roman Reigns apron dropkick is far more dangerous as was Orton's middle rope ddt. The Curbstomp has never even injured anybody as far as I know and it was the best finisher in the WWE. If it's because the term " curbstomp" is too edgy and reminds people of American history X, then just change the name of the move and call it something else.

· Banned
14,425 Posts
Re: Why is the Curbstomp banned?

Yes concussions. The head and brain are the most important part of the body.

· Registered
1,202 Posts

I've always assumed they were eventually going to bring it back in a big moment. It was also a convenient way for wwe to make him switch to the pedigree to show his allegiance or whatever to triple h

The head injury thing is just a made up reason wwe used probably

· Registered
522 Posts

How is a kid going to replicate a Hangman Ddt? - with great difficulty

How are they going to replicate a curbstomp? - lol

Reactions: Lone Star

· Banned
3,123 Posts

DDTs aren't dangerous - the angle of attack is all wrong to do anything more than a cut - and the middle rope one/Roman Reigns apron dropkick are basically impossible to reproduce without having a wrestling ring and a willing opponent.

Curbstomp on the other hand, some kid tries that on the playground he could do some serious damage to someone, maybe even kill them.

Reactions: GeniusSmark

· Registered
5,780 Posts

DDTs aren't dangerous - the angle of attack is all wrong to do anything more than a cut - and the middle rope one/Roman Reigns apron dropkick are basically impossible to reproduce without having a wrestling ring and a willing opponent.

Curbstomp on the other hand, some kid tries that on the playground he could do some serious damage to someone, maybe even kill them.
DDT's are actually harder to do than they look when you're a kid, but yes, all the easy access to concrete in western society means eradicating the curbstomp is probably wise.

Hope Rollins ditches the pedigree though once he loses to Triple H for the right to keep it.

· Registered
1,688 Posts

Doesn't make much sense to me. I mean Sheamus just got busted by a ring post on RAW. Concussions and injuries are apart of the game. The move looks to dangerous garbage is hilarious. Concussion issues in sports are going on and WWE being WWE feel like they have to act accordingly. But still, banning the move is ignorant. Some finishers...

The Pedigree finisher is having both arms hooked, and driving head forceful into the mat.

The Tombstone Piledriver? Constant superkicks? Del Rio's new top-rope double stomp finisher? Dirty Deeds? Orton's punt?

Neville could botch the Red Arrow just one time and be paralyzed, or concussed? :shrug

Lesnar's suplex city gimmick are good for the head and neck, I'm sure.

Hell, Bryan was doing flying headbutts despite the Chris Benoit brain trauma.

It's stupid. I'm sure there's many more examples. It's a great move, that actually looked like a devastating finisher. WWE is just being cowardly, trying to fit in with others because of the media's obsession on the topic. It'll fade eventually. Football (American) is football. Injuries happen there. Hockey is the same. Some players in baseball get beaned, especially fans by foul balls.

Are we just going to say no more contact sports in school kids, and proceed to let the sports die?

Shit happens. It's sport's entertainment, not ballet.

· I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
16,471 Posts

Because Vince hates us. :vince$

· Registered
5,326 Posts

It's just a security precaution. DDT's and dropkicks do target the head, but they're all relatively basic moves that any rookie wrestler knows how to do. And besides, some kids who play wrestling probably won't be able to do those moves in a way they'll hurt each other, while a Curb Stomp is easy to do, and yet if something goes wrong the consequences can be horrible.

You try explaining "oh it's a cool finisher and it hasn't hurt anybody yet" to a parent whose kid suffered a broken neck because some other kid stomped his head into the floor.

· Banned
1,635 Posts

The move itself may be one of the safest for Wrestlers to perform, but there's the point, it's not the wrestlers they're worried about, it's stupid kids thinking it's cool to copy their Wrestling idols & try out the moves they see on tv, if someone does a curbstomp without knowing how to do it properly they could seriously hurt or kill someone, best to just remove it from the program.

They say at the beginning of every show "don't try this at home" but when you're 10 years old do you listen to adults when they say no?

· Registered
5,813 Posts

I agree with the safety aspect but I'm surprised no-one has mentioned how daft it looks with it's setup.

I can remember upon it's banning rumours that Vince, or someone, thought how ridiculous it looked when someone like Lesnar had to stand there, bent over in the right position, waiting for it to come.

· Registered
1,688 Posts

You try explaining "oh it's a cool finisher and it hasn't hurt anybody yet" to a parent whose kid suffered a broken neck because some other kid stomped his head into the floor.
It's not exactly easy for a kid playing wrestling to replicate a curb stomp like someone above said, in fact I'd say it's much safer than replicating a pedigree or a double armed DDT (Dirty Deeds).

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...xyHLhW1TTUJV0wdLb-drjg&bvm=bv.112064104,d.cWw

Kid killed by powerbomb.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=93884&page=1

Child murdered by older brother imitating The Rock's signature stomps and moves.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92804&page=1

Teen killed after being flipped over after trying a chokehold.

http://amarillo.com/stories/1999/07/01/new_kills.shtml#.VpjKGfkrLIU

Child killed after brother attempts a Lariat. There are alot of these out there, and a clothesline is one of the most basic moves out there.

Google it. Kids die playing wrestling quiet often. My point is, how come this wasn't mentioned before? Why wait until concussions and things of that nature are hot media topics to start banning moves, and start taking concussions seriously? Why did Mick Foley almost die many times? Why even blame wrestling? Parents should teach their children better. WWE is doing nothing more than trying to fit in with the mainstream media despite all of these kids deaths due to mimicking wrestling. It's appalling and screams of them trying to save face as a family friendly sports entertainment program.

Kids play wrestling, and some get hurt. Just like kids play football, and get hurt. Just in Texas this year, we had 5 high school athletes die as a result of football or undiagnosed disorders because physicals weren't properly performed. There were also a few more in other states.

It's going to happen, don't try and change the image of the sport because it's all the sudden politically correct in the eyes of certain people. Same goes for the pussified NFL of today.

Sport is sport.

I bite and throw chairs and rescue dogs
19,574 Posts

Doesn't make much sense to me. I mean Sheamus just got busted by a ring post on RAW. Concussions and injuries are apart of the game. The move looks to dangerous garbage is hilarious. Concussion issues in sports are going on and WWE being WWE feel like they have to act accordingly. But still, banning the move is ignorant. Some finishers...

The Pedigree finisher is having both arms hooked, and driving head forceful into the mat.

The Tombstone Piledriver? Constant superkicks? Dirty Deeds? Orton's punt?

Neville could botch the Red Arrow just one time and be paralyzed, or concussed? :shrug

Lesnar's suplex city gimmick are good for the head and neck, I'm sure.

Hell, Bryan was doing flying headbutts despite the Chris Benoit brain trauma.

It's stupid. I'm sure there's many more examples. It's a great move, that actually looked like a devastating finisher. WWE is just being cowardly, trying to fit in with others because of the media's obsession on the topic. It'll fade eventually. Football (American) is football. Injuries happen there. Hockey is the same. Some players in baseball get beaned, especially fans by foul balls.

Are we just going to say no more contact sports in school kids, and proceed to let the sports die?

Shit happens. It's sport's entertainment, not ballet.
It's a liability issue not cowardice. You got garbage wrestlers like Vito who took unprotected chair shots and hardcore bumps in ecw and the like and his suing the WWE for the concussions his sustained. They don't want to be held liable for negligence if someone took a curbstomp and got hurt and decided to sue. If you were being sued for supposed negligence would you not protect your public image as well?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.