Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Banned
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wins MiTB, becomes WHC, and now he is relegated to being stuck in Cole's corner at Mania 27? He's a helluva worker, and even though he has a lame ass lisp he is fairly charismatic. I personally am a fan and can't for the life of me understand why the fuck he is being booked so poorly.

Any explanation?

· Registered
2,508 Posts
My only guess is they truly had nothing better for him to do. If you wanna look at it one way, at least they think enough of him to use him at all, even if it's in that capacity. That must mean they have some faith in him, or he wouldnt even be on the card at all.

· Banned
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Being buried would be only wrestling house shows and maybe Superstars. Even if he has been jobbing on RAW (until this week), even appearing on RAW and in one of the top matches of EC I don't consider "being buried". DH Smith and Tyson Kidd are being buried. Sheamus was just on a losing streak.
Re-read the title and this time note the strategic placement of the word essentially in my statement.

And Tyson Kidd needs to be buried.

· Banned
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My only guess is they truly had nothing better for him to do. If you wanna look at it one way, at least they think enough of him to use him at all, even if it's in that capacity. That must mean they have some faith in him, or he wouldnt even be on the card at all.
They could have at least built a feud between Kofi and Swagger leading to mania.. they put on good enough matches together.. BUT WAIT that would mean they would be utilizing the mid card belts which we know they hate to do

· Registered
6,114 Posts
I'd say he is in a better spot at Wrestlemania this year than last year. Money in the Bank was essentially the midcard match at Wrestlemania. Sure, he won it, but the spot on the card itself wasn't high. But now, he is involved in a highly regarded match by WWE. He's likely to get involved in the match and with Stone Cold (i.e. Swagger gets a stunner). That's a good spot imo. It's better than not being on the card at all like Kofi Kingston, Drew Mcintyre, Evan Bourne, R-Truth etc.

· Banned
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd say he is in a better spot at Wrestlemania this year than last year. Money in the Bank was essentially the midcard match at Wrestlemania. Sure, he won it, but the spot on the card itself wasn't high. But now, he is involved in a highly regarded match by WWE. He's likely to get involved in the match and with Stone Cold (i.e. Swagger gets a stunner). That's a good spot imo. It's better than not being on the card at all like Kofi Kingston, Drew Mcintyre, Evan Bourne, R-Truth etc.
Kofi and Drew will be involved in a match somehow, quote me on that. And I don't agree that getting stunned by Austin in a commentators match is better than winning a ticket to become WHC, but I suppose it's a matter of opinion.

and I hate to be the bearer of bad news but John Cena will never lose a match cleanly, rofl

· Banned
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nm is right you condescending asshole. Nobody here is whining, I'm simply posing a question. Maybe you could answer it instead of bitching about the way I phrased the question. Burying, or grossly misusing, or wasting, however you want to phrase it the point remains the same. He is one of the better in ring workers in the WWE at the moment and at their showcase PPV for the year he is reduced to being a flag waiver in Michael Cole's corner.

· Registered
381 Posts
its because wwe pushed him too quickly.

· Banned
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its because wwe pushed him too quickly.
Probably true. Same thing happened to Sheamus and Wade Barrett.

They need to have him take the IC belt from Botch Boy Kingston sometime after Mania and give him a lengthy run as king of the mid carders, and maybe he can help bring some respect back to that belt (Dolph had a good run recently, but it's fallen a long way)

· Registered
7,244 Posts
lol he's getting more heat now then he could of ever imagined wrestling someone like kofi. he's involved in the best angle in years he's far from being buried.

· Registered
2,765 Posts
As usual, WWE tried to push Vince's flavor of the month down our throats and when people weren't buying it they had to change their plans, but of course, they had no back-up plan to go with.

Reminds me of Sheamus...dude just showed up and won the WWE Championship. You know, like WTF? Wasn't quite as drastic for Swagger, but he did cash in his MITB the very first SmackDown after WM. He didn't have time to grow on people as a main-eventer. People weren't taking it seriously. Back to my point about Sheamus, when he first showed up and won, I was disgusted with him and refused to watch at first. Now that he's had time to actually develop his character and make a connection with fans, he's grown on me and I enjoy his matches.

· Registered
6,114 Posts
Kofi and Drew will be involved in a match somehow, quote me on that. And I don't agree that getting stunned by Austin in a commentators match is better than winning a ticket to become WHC, but I suppose it's a matter of opinion.

and I hate to be the bearer of bad news but John Cena will never lose a match cleanly, rofl
haha. I had to be optimistic with my sig because I'm sure the rest of them will come true pretty soon, maybe with the exception of Dibiase winning a match :p On topic though I just think being in this match works better for Swagger in terms of exposure than being in Money in the Bank. The fact that WWE completely messed up his title reign though may have had an impact on my opinion though.

· Premium Member
46,384 Posts
Because the writers/bookers didn't know what they were doing. Plain & Simple. They didn't know how to put the belt on him right and they didn't know what to do after the reign was over. No foresight at all.

· Banned
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Because the writers/bookers didn't know what they were doing. Plain & Simple. They didn't know how to put the belt on him right and they didn't know what to do after the reign was over. No foresight at all.
Yea that's pretty much the short of it. When the WWE is doing good and peaking in popularity (see: wrestling boom in the 80s and the attitude era) they string feuds together and one feud transitions the wrestler into his next.. these days everything is isolated and once one feud ends they shit their pants and don't know what to do

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.