Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's taped Tuesdays.

Aren't more people out on Fridays rather than e.g. Tuesday-Thursdays? And idk if this occurs in America, but aren't there a bunch of sports to compete with on Friday nights? Seems a bit dumb.

·
Registered
240 Posts
If it was on any other day it would be too close to RAW, having them at each end of the week week, Raw at beginning, Smackdown at the end, gives fans time to watch other things such as NXT or Tough Enough if they are fans of said shows.

Plus having it shown on fridays means that you only have to wait three days between Smackdown and Raw.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
It would be much better if it was on TV Thursdays. I haven't been home once on Fridays at the time to watch it live on TV.
Monday-Thursday-Monday-Thursday with PPV Sundays and nXt/Superstars whenever they want.
Of course WWE would have to wait that Ryder finishes doing his Z!TLIS, so there is a free time slot on Thursday. And that way they could bury TNA six feet under.

·
Registered
14,197 Posts
Yeah, they should move it to Thursday's. No one is home on a Friday Night, they put it on Thursday and the ratings will probably go up for it.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Agreed! Thursdays makes wayy more sense. I don't watch because I'm either working or I'm going out. Doesn't make sense. Oddly enough the day people watch the most tv is Sundays but wrestling doesn't feel right on a Sunday.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
The ONLY rationale I can fathom is that Thursday is the most competitive TV night of the week after Sundays. Even then, I think they'd be better off than on Fridays, when anyone who has a life is out and about and not sitting around watching wrestling.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,747 Posts
Its on Friday because the station that airs it wants it on Fridays. Its not just 100% the WWE's decision about when their programs air, they also need a netwrk willing to put on thier show in a certain time slot as well.

·
Registered
615 Posts
As I understand it WWE dont really want it airing on Fridays but it is not entirely their descision, the networks have a say in things and an example of this is that they want WWE to do more 3 hour raw shows but that is something WWE dont want to do. The day it airs will most likely change when the WWE Network is launched.

·
Xbox is about to become the next water cooler.
495 Posts
No they are not moving it to Thursdays.. Doing that would affect wwe and Impact wresting money/Viewers when Impact wrestling already has that spot.

Friday is the day when most people go off from their Jobs to party ,get drunk do what they want because they ain't go nothing to do...so I said Friday is the best choice..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts