Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It almost buries all 3 of those great wrestlers at the same time having him in there. Just tells the crowd, this match is stupid. I'm a fan of Santino but he should be somewhere in the midcard with Brodus Clay taking on some jobber NXT tag team. His comedy routine gets him over no matter who he is booked with.

·
Registered
721 Posts
"Vince is a retard" - the great Steiner.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Uh, because US Champ roughly equals IC Champ.
Is your argument really "Santino is so over he should be dropped lower on the card?" That's ridiculous.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
IC title = US title, the only difference is that one holder is a heel probably going up, and the other is a fun loving goof.

Nothing wrong there, if you put the kayfabe glasses on.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
Santino is the Intercontinental Champion and has been booked really strongly over the last couple of months and complaining about him being involved in a match with the WWE's top guys is really lazy analysis of the current WWE product. They're actually moving in a good direction, continually putting on interesting stuff, sure it isn't perfect but it never was.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Santino is legitimate now, people really need to stop pretending like he's still a comedy jobber. That stopped in February. IF it wasn't so poorly thrown together it'd make perfect sense that he would be in a match with Punk and Bryan.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
It was just a throwaway filler match - don't look too much into it. I don't like the fact that a joke like Santino is in the same ring as the WWE Champion CM Punk, but he's the U.S Champion, and WWE are probably trying to make Santino look credible (hence why he's been defending the title alot lately and has been featuring in matches like this). However, I'm not buying into it, and in my opinion, Santino's still joke jobber who's shouldn't be holding a mid-card title.

Santino is the Intercontinental Champion
:lmao

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Santino is the Intercontinental Champion and has been booked really strongly over the last couple of months and complaining about him being involved in a match with the WWE's top guys is really lazy analysis of the current WWE product. They're actually moving in a good direction, continually putting on interesting stuff, sure it isn't perfect but it never was.
No he isn't.

Anyway, he's gonna start a feud with Cody, Cody's gonna beat him and be able to brag about being the only man in history to hold the US and IC Title at the same time, quite predictable. It is actually quite a good way to get the US Title off Santino.

Since it's quite predictable WWE will probably just drop it haha.

Was it just me or did Rhodes look like the star and Bryan look like the midcarder? not talking about their ability just the way they looked and the way the presented themselves, if I'd never watched before I would just assume that it was Cody that was the main eventer and Bryan that was the midcarder.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
hes been having better matches recently, with actual offence. if u paid attention you would realise hes a better wrestler than most on the roster. hes got a sweet suplex, arm drags and some awesome looking judo moves. if u wanna complain cus he also has comedy moves then you need to grow up. but the fact remains, hes a really good wrestler. he looks more natural in there than about 80% of the roster. this match tho all he did was get beat on. you literally have no argument.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Santino is legitimate now, people really need to stop pretending like he's still a comedy jobber. That stopped in February. IF it wasn't so poorly thrown together it'd make perfect sense that he would be in a match with Punk and Bryan.
- His finisher is still the cobra, probably the worst gimmick finisher in recent times

- He still does all his over-the-top shit in the ring for no reason, and looks like a moron

- When he does his powerwalk he looks like he's shit himself

- 3 stooges segment just last month

- Did you watch the tag match on Raw? He was on terrible form and still doing all that comedy shit like missing tags and failing to dive through the ropes

Fair enough if you're a Santino mark though, each to their own. I'm just having my boy Rhodes' back in this upcoming (hopefully) feud.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Maybe just maybe, they may be moving towards having only 1 midcard belt, and Cody and Santino will finally fight for it, which would be a good move, santino gets a great reaction, and Cody would be a very legitimate Inter/Us title holder, also extra heat for beating santino.

There has also been a ressurgance of tag teams recently and maybe they want a bit more time for these, + if i read correctly somewhere, cant think off top of my head, wwe are moving towards a cruiserwieght show airing before another show? so if this is true some guys from the inter and US scene may be in that?

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Blame creative they fuck up at putting the wrong talent together. CM Punk should be in matches on his own since hes the WWE champion. Santino should be in matches on his own defending his US title against mid card talent

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
- His finisher is still the cobra, probably the worst gimmick finisher in recent times

- He still does all his over-the-top shit in the ring for no reason, and looks like a moron

- When he does his powerwalk he looks like he's shit himself

- 3 stooges segment just last month

- Did you watch the tag match on Raw? He was on terrible form and still doing all that comedy shit like missing tags and failing to dive through the ropes

Fair enough if you're a Santino mark though, each to their own. I'm just having my boy Rhodes' back in this upcoming (hopefully) feud.

and all that stuff has gotten him over. probably the no.3 most over face on raw. which is a massive achievement as they basicly wanted him to be a jobber, and have pushed many a guy.. that didnt get over. hes entertaining and half the audience is kids, pretty smart move to do all those things you mentioned........that got him over.

if he had a serious angry guy gimmick he would do a better job than cody at it (see video in my sig) the guy is just talented.

i got nothing against cody either, hes obviously got a main event spot in the future guaranteed. he's just not on that level yet.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts