Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's something that's bugged me for years... it's how pro wrestling is suppose to be scripted. Why aren't the outcomes real like NFL or NBA?

There's people out there who actually want to see legitimate wrestling, because they like the sport.

Is there a particular reason for it being scripted? How come you don't hear of the NFL or boxing being scripted?

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Because there are several moves that could kill or paralize. Ddts would cause concussions and neck damage. The 10 punches in the corner would have you punch drunk. The one winged angel would have you fucked up.

Come on dude

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,398 Posts
It does exist. It's called amateur/college wrestling or Olympics/Greco-Roman wrestling. I find it boring but you may enjoy it. Give it a shot! The Summer Olympic Games start July 24 and they will have it.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Because performing any kind of slam even slightly wrong can kill somebody, and most of the submission moves you see in pro wrestling aren't even actual submission holds meant to hurt a guy or choke somebody out.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
I liked the questioning of boxing or the NFL being scripted the most. Imagine the angle that could have been ran after the NFC Championship game last year.

Also this thread...I think we all know the answers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.