Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It seems Lesnar may get a hold of the Universal title soon despite how stale he is. He's dominated everyone in his path in the worst fashion possible yet there's no LOLBROCKWINZ going on like it was with Cena or even Reigns. Why does it appear Lesnar burying everyone is accepted by fans? He gets a pass for everything he does. Why isn't he getting the hell booed out of him by the audience and IWC alike? Surely rare appearances hasn't masked that fact that he's the stalest person on the roster. At almost 40 years of age, isn't it time he puts someone over?

·
Butter My Arse
11,739 Posts
coz hes da beest!!11

Serious answer though, I imagine it's because he's not shoved down our throats every five seconds. He's a part timer, and a main attraction. He has the background and he has that aura.
Personally I think the majority of his matches over the past couple of years have been shite and he's been given special treatment by the company the moment he re-signed back in 2012, but he is a legit wrecking machine and he makes this whole fake pro wrasslin thing believable. If he appeared every week then no doubt he'd get shat on after a while.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
coz hes da beest!!11

Serious answer though, I imagine it's because he's not shoved down our throats every five seconds. He's a part timer, and a main attraction. He has the background and he has that aura.
Personally I think the majority of his matches over the past couple of years have been shite and he's been given special treatment by the company the moment he re-signed back in 2012, but he is a legit wrecking machine and he makes this whole fake pro wrasslin thing believable. If he appeared every week then no doubt he'd get shat on after a while.
He's not stuffed down our throats? He's been unpinned since 2013! He doesn't have competitive matches, EVER! How is that not stuffing down our throats when he receives God booking?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Because he's "real". Apparently you can be as boring and worthless as possible, as long as you can fight for real, amongst all these fakers. It's not about entertainment anymore. I miss when pro wrestling was pro wrestling. *sigh*
Lol, yeah seems actual talent in wrestling is undervalued. It feels like we're in the Twilight zone when a guy that's spamming the same 2 moves is getting cheers.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Because one, fans are hypocrites, and two he has the luxury of not being there every week. If he was doing his act every week, smarks would turn on him in a heart beat.
You'd think the fans would be smart enough than to let rare appearances mask how stale he is. I mean the guy has made everyone on the roster look like his lackey with 2 moves, 2 MOVES! . People can't be this stupid.

·
Rolling Blunts With King Kunta
1,531 Posts
Lol, yeah seems actual talent in wrestling is undervalued. It feels like we're in the Twilight zone when a guy that's spamming the same 2 moves is getting cheers.
Seth Rollins, AJ Styles, and Kevin Owens are among others in the main event. I have no doubt that Nakamura, Samoa Joe, and Bobby Roode are going to get their chance in the limelight when they hit the main roster. In this day and age where Cena, Orton, Big Show, and others aren't in the focus of the show other than once in a while, wrestling talent is becoming the focal point more and more by the week.

Back on topic, there are lots of threads where users voice their frustrations about this. Even then, it's probably because he's a part timer.

·
TBZ
5,857 Posts
Because smarks jerk off to how "LEGIT!!!111!!" he is.

Although let's be real, plenty of people crap on him on a consistent basis, not to the extent of Reigns/Sasha/Cena etc but he's far from universally loved. Most people on here complain about his boring suplex city squash matches. And no doubt people will be complaining when he goes over Goldberg.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Lesnar beating Cena, Orton, and ending The Undertaker's streak just to put over a part timer in Goldberg who may never wrestle again? I just don't understand this company sometimes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.