Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The only stuff he's ever had was those old Jerichoholic shirts from ages ago and the save us shirts from back in 2008. They could make some great shirts, maybe an opposing shirt to Punks that says "Best In The At What I Do" or "It Begins" shirts, theres so many shirts they could make for him. Especially since they're doing The Rock vs Cena shirts with the "Cena Sucks" shirt, why not make some shirts like that for Jericho that says "The Real Best In The World" with a silhouette of Jericho posing underneath it?

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
He talks about this in almost every interview..he doesn't want to be a cool heel. He wants to be a heel with no room for fans marking out.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I think its cause they know he wont be there for long , esp with his Fozzy stuff happening, so why would they bother to make merchandise for someone who wont even be there.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think its cause they know he wont be there for long , esp with his Fozzy stuff happening, so why would they bother to make merchandise for someone who wont even be there.
I don't think its been confirmed that he's just there for this feud with Punk then leaving right after its over. I've heard he's said he doesn't plan on leaving anytime soon, and that he's gonna be there possibly till Summerslam.

·
Administrator
59,106 Posts
He talks about this in almost every interview..he doesn't want to be a cool heel. He wants to be a heel with no room for fans marking out.
That's what I was thinking. The same happened with JBL during his main-event run. He didn't want merchandise for the same reason.

Heels really aren't suppose to have merchandise from a theoretical kayfabe standpoint.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what I was thinking. The same happened with JBL during his main-event run. He didn't want merchandise for the same reason.

Heels really aren't suppose to have merchandise from a theoretical kayfabe standpoint.
Fair enough but it doesn't change the fact that alot of people still like them and having shirt's would make money its not like it would ruin they're heel credibility.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
I would mark if they start selling the Jacket.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
If its true that just sucks that he doesn't want merch in his heel runs cause thats when he's at his best. I know he wants to be the heel that "EVERYONE" hates but the fact is a ton of people love him and are still gonna bring signs that support him which is way more visible than a t shirt is on tv anyways.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
When he was Y2J he had a lot but in his last heel run he always worse suits so he didn't really have any shirts they could sell really.

I'd laugh if they started selling replica Chris Jericho suits though.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
I always wondered that myself, considered the last few years in the company he's been a top star. However, he doesn't need merchandise sales to justify WWE pushing him unlike someone like CM Punk. In addition, I think it's clear WWE highly value him, as he's always had a decent push in the company, without making the company money through merchandise or being a draw either.

Sell me dat jacket :ass
This.

Interesting, and someone who was huge fan of JBL during his WWE Championship run, I always questioned where the JBL merchandise was. However I understand your point about heels not supposed to have merchandise in storyline, as heels are portrayed to being bad guys who you wouldn't think would have fans, and seeing has JBL was despised during his run and got legitimate heat where ever he went, it was a logical decision for him to not have merchandise.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts