Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although this may seem like a generalization it generally seems that seems that Jeff Hardy is preferred by fans more than Matt is.

I personally prefer Matt and just wondered why people prefer Jeff.

I also ask why Matt Hardy has never won a major Championship that being the World Heavyweight and the World Championship, yet Jeff has 3 times .

When basically for the first few years of their career neither of them offered anything different to each other.

I think its a shame and hope once Matt comes out of rehab he comes back to the WWE and with hard work wins the title.

·
Sheriff of Piltover
2,880 Posts
Back in the day, Matt was the better wrestler. Jeff just did those high flying moves that got way over with the crowd. These days, I would even prefer Jeff over Matt (and I don't like Jeff at all)

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
It's pretty simple. Because Jeff Hardy is far more talented than Matt Hardy, in almost every way possible.

He's better and more exciting in the ring, it doesn't matter if he does 'SPOTZ!!!', he makes the fans go mental for him and his matches were generally a lot better than Matts, he's twice as charasmatic as Matt, he had a far better look than Matt. He had something Matt doesn't have, the 'it' factor. Jeff just has something about him that makes you want to watch, he draws in the crowds to cheer for him no matter what he does, even while being crap on the mic, ANYTHING he said got a reaction, so it didn't matter in the slightest.

Jeff Hardy is just far superior and that's why he's preferred...in my opinon of course.

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
they both such, but personally I think Jeff is worse. his only talent was falling off shit. however I actually might dislike Matt Hardy more now as a person. especially since Matt is a druggie/alcoholic like his brother AND an attention whore AND a whiner. plus Edge stole his girlfriend again. #swag

lol @ Jeff being a better wrestler or talker than Matt. Jeff literally doesn't know how to do anything, but go through tables and fall off ladders. New Jack was more talented than Jeff Hardy.

·
Banned
5,374 Posts
Hes more likable. Matt just doesnt appeal to people like Jeff does. He does huge stunts and puts his health on the line just for a pop. What does Matt do? Same old match. Neither have great technical or mic skills, so the stunts is what Jeff has. Matt doesnt really have anything.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Jeff is just more entertaining, interesting and pretty much better in every aspect of the business than Matt. They are one of the best tag teams ever but when it comes to singles competition, Jeff draws and Matt does not.

·
Premium Member
6,156 Posts
he sold cool glow in the dark merchandise and jumped off of stuff tbh i used to be a fan of him back in 2001 in his feud with Triple H but when i look back on it now i realise that Jeff struggled to work a normal wrestling match and couldnt really put on a show unless a ladder or table or some kind of platform was involved with that said he has put on some really entertaining ladder matches but thats about it and it was due to this that Jeff Hardy was ultimately more over than Matt. i used to like Matt alot back in the day as well even more so then Jeff at one point but Matt got complacent, lazy and fat and was pretty much finished

·
Banned
1,502 Posts
I think a big part of it has to do with Matt making himself look like an idiot with his faux suicides, constant arrests, and horrible work ethic recently, Jeff was always considered more entertaining in the ring and Jeff got over a lot more easier than Matt.

That said, I can't stand either one, I always perferred Matt over Jeff but the last two years have shown that both guys have a lot of issues they need to work on and brought Matt down to Jeff's level.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Jeff's more popular because he was good at falling awkwardly off of things. He put himself over the top by dressing like an idiot, wearing weird face paint, and making idiotic gestures. That won over the annoying girl audience somehow.

Matt's a complete loser now, but he was the far superior in ring guy. He also wasn't very interesting most of the time.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
they both such, but personally I think Jeff is worse. his only talent was falling off shit. however I actually might dislike Matt Hardy more now as a person. especially since Matt is a druggie/alcoholic like his brother AND an attention whore AND a whiner. plus Edge stole his girlfriend again. #swag

lol @ Jeff being a better wrestler or talker than Matt. Jeff literally doesn't know how to do anything, but go through tables and fall off ladders. New Jack was more talented than Jeff Hardy.
Jeff was such an incredible hack, that's why he had a more emotional feud at the end of his WWE tenure with Punk than Matt ever had, and had some awesome ****+ matches with Umaga, Punk, and HHH to boot, compared to only one ****+ match from Matt (with Edge).

There is a reason why Jeff Hardy was able to main event some PPVs over WWE deities HHH, Cena, and Orton.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Matts micwork during the Hardy feud in 2009 or was it 2010? was pretty good

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Jeff is a highflyer.
Jeff has a unique and attractive style(dressing like idiots? I think idiots are McGillicutty, Curtis or DiBiase no having personality in his gear).

I was a fan of both, but I preferred Matt.

·
Banned
104 Posts
Many won't agree but it's as simple as this. Because of the Matt's Youtube channel. He went form darling to a complete joke in about 3 months.

It went something like:

E#1: "Cool, Matt Hardy has a Youtube channel."

E#4: "Yeah Matt, tell Vince what's coming to him, you deserve better."

E#7: "Matt is starting to sound a bit bitchy."

E#12: "It's the diva moan again."

E#15: "WHAT A FUCKIN RETARD."

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
They both are just DECENT wrestlers, but Jeff had the it factor and was more charismatic. He was able to connect with the crowd (w/o even being a good talker).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts