Wrestling Forum banner

Why is Jack Swagger completely off the map?

5K views 80 replies 42 participants last post by  FriedTofu 
#1 ·
A legit tough guy, some great matches on his CV ( his match v Zayn) - I can't understand why he is not higher up the card.

#29 ·
And he is super awkward in the ring.

Also did you see his thing with rusev? When he did the "plant the flag" thing it was the most awkward looking thing ever.

The dude is just not cool in anyway whatsoever.

#13 ·
So he is seen as dull? Surely that can't be it?

Perhaps he needs to be repackaged? A pirate gimmick, Swag Jagger - or an animal rights activist. Clothesline Shawn Michaels when he has killed an innocent animal - I think that would be a great gimmick.

Jack Swagger - Vegan King.

Catchphrase: 'Ve ganna krash you'.

Said in a German accent of course, perhaps team him with Rusev thus facilitating Rusev's inevitable face turn.

#14 · (Edited)
Do you guys just make Swagger threads so Thwagger joins in? I've seen one too many threads for him :cudi

Not sure what makes him a legit tough guy but he is very good in the ring. He has talent for sure but talent doesn't get you everything in the WWE. He's awful on the mic and probably doesn't have a look Vince or HHH love. He's been in the WWE for years and hasn't really improved as much as he should imo.

#15 · (Edited)
WWE doesn't know how to book properly. He never had a chance to be anything more than a mid carder. He was this goofy All American American when he made his debut and despite announcers saying how good he was ring wise, they never really booked him to be taken seriously. He didn't even have a decent ECW title reign. Then before he wins the MITB at WM 26, he was booked like a total jobber. How does that make any sense whatsoever. You book a guy to lose cleanly to Santino and a not even a month later you put the world title on him? What? Then he went from being goofy to being serious. Wearing suits and not smiling n shit. Just stupid. And his reign was HORRIBLE. Completely devalued the title. Then he jobs some more with a crap US title reign in between and comes back as a "Real American" with Zeb and it seems like he finally has found his groove and then he gets caught with weed and gets a jobber entrance at Mania. Him and Cesaro were the best tag team and probably the most over but they never did anything with them. Booking has derailed many careers and Swagger was one of them. He didn't need to be a world champion or main eventer but being a low card jobber for most of his career is ridiculous. He'd be a decent IC or US Champion.

#17 ·
The whole Real American gimmick is dead now after Rusev best him about 35 times with no revenge for Swagger. Getting squashed repeatedly by a foreign heel doesn't do that gimmick any good. He also has the charisma of a potato.

Sorry Thwagger :(

#18 ·
Swag needs to show some edge. I said in another thread about him he needs to just shut up and start breaking people's ankles.

And, honestly, the spot Cena is in should be Swagger's. The storyline is already there; he's been defeated by Rusev multiple times, so he goes back to the drawing board. He's off TV for a few weeks then pops back up with a vignette of him training with The Army. Next week, The Air Force. Next, The Navy. Then the Marines. Swag's gonna get the US title or die trying.

Cue WM. Military band plays him out (imagine hearing "Patriot" by a real band and try not to mark the fuck out), pyro, Jet fly over, the fucking works. Rusev comes out behind a Russian army riding something ridiculous like a tank or some other military vehicle. Lana looks like a god damn russian version of Cammy from Street Fighter. This shit would be mind blowingly epic.

Hold on *hits blunt*

The finish would have Swagger winning via submission, but he'd break Rusev's ankle in the process. Rusev would sell it like death because he's a boss.

Swag's your new US champ and would have some good crowd support.

However I'd probably read a thread the next day saying "America is over, Swagger isn't" lmao.

Reactions: 307858
#21 ·
It's because this damn company doesn't know what the fuck they are doing with their talent and also has this annoying habit of not letting a few mistakes they did in the past go. It's blatantly that they are still holding that grudge on Swagger from 2013 with the DUI and his bad attitude from 2010.

#22 ·
People think Swaggers bad in the ring? the guys brilliant when he's on key.

I sometimes think people on this forum are too quick to jump onto hatred and mocking when a career likes Swaggers takes a nose dive, there was a time where Swagger was pretty much regarded as the future by everyone on here.

He dominated WWECW and cut promo's as a heel that irritated the living shit out of people in the best way possible. He put on great matches, and had a decent first run as the dickish world champion we all wanted to see get his head punched in.

Has Swagger set the world on fire? no, but he's clearly completely underutilized and has the skill-set and talent to be a main eventer over on the second brand if a brand split ever returns.

As a footnote, i guarantee if Swagger were 5 years younger and had debuted on nxt during the last year; he'd be in half of your sigs and avatars.

#24 ·
First and foremost he is puny looking. He has barely any muscle tone. He is just tall, so he naturally lacks ring presence. You so eloquently explained why this guy, despite his booking is still terrible. He shouldn't be anywhere in the WWE at this point. He can't connect with the crowd. Glad to know you understand this concept. Swagger hasn't even reached Duggan level in terms of being over as a "Patriotic" face. What does that tell you?

#27 · (Edited)
He's "off the map" because he is not a star (by virtue of not being profitable.) His ceiling is a mid carder, and that's where he belongs. Even when you compare him to other mid carders, he isn't anywhere near as over as guys like Ambrose, Ziggler, Sandow, etc.

In short, he's off them map because that's where he belongs.

Granted, Vince will give a guy a big push even if he isn't main event material and doesn't have the potential to be profitable (Reigns for example) but that's only if he has a gay crush on the dude.

#34 ·
No idea, he's very handsome, he's big and he's good. Didn't he used to have proper attitude problems? anyway I think he'd be a really good US champion, would rather he would end Rusev than Cena.
This is the second time I've heard this said today and no, that isn't true.

I've literally scrounged up all dirt and possible issues Swagger could have had and he is nothing but humble and respectful. Even that one reddit user has said he was the nicest talent he's ever worked with.

The only viable dirt I found was he got in trouble for smoking a blunt before a match in developmental and even then, he didn't botch or injury his opponent, his eyes were just blood shot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.