Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really. Do I fucking give a shit about Miz? He is terrible in the ring and his character is shit. Just like every heel in the past 3 years. Am I supposed to give a shit if he talks crap about my football team? What the fuck? Am I supposed to give a shit about kofi kingston vs dolph ziggler when they barely get mic time and have the same match in a row for half a fucking year?

The only characters I care about now are Cena, Orton (evolution), Barret, Cole, Edge, Punk. Why? BECAUSE THEY FUCKING GOT BUILT UP. Barret got the most mic time out of anyone this year.

And notice how I refer to them as characters, not wrestlers. Stop building them up as wrestlers, and build them up as characters. Give them personalities. Even UFC fighters have better personalities than half the WWE roster, which is pretty fucking sad considering WWE is supposed to be sports entertainment. If I wanted to see a wrestling show, I would watch RoH. The only thing WWE had going for it in it's prime were how well it's characters were built up, how good the storylines were.

The in ring product is terrible compared to the indies (maybe even TNA), and the storylines are terrible compared to pre 2006. Can't wait until your current demographic grows out and watches UFC and you get your ass beat again.

tl;dr Keep things this way for a few more years and prepare to get your ass beat by UFC.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
Really. Do I fucking give a shit about Miz? He is terrible in the ring and his character is shit. Just like every heel in the past 3 years. Am I supposed to give a shit if he talks crap about my football team? What the fuck? Am I supposed to give a shit about kofi kingston vs dolph ziggler when they barely get mic time and have the same match in a row for half a fucking year?

The only characters I care about now are Cena, Orton (evolution), Barret, Cole, Edge, Punk. Why? BECAUSE THEY FUCKING GOT BUILT UP. Barret got the most mic time out of anyone this year.

And notice how I refer to them as characters, not wrestlers. Stop building them up as wrestlers, and build them up as characters. Give them personalities. Even UFC fighters have better personalities than half the WWE roster, which is pretty fucking sad considering WWE is supposed to be sports entertainment. If I wanted to see a wrestling show, I would watch RoH. The only thing WWE had going for it in it's prime were how well it's characters were built up, how good the storylines were.

The in ring product is terrible compared to the indies (maybe even TNA), and the storylines are terrible compared to pre 2006. Can't wait until your current demographic grows out and watches UFC and you get your ass beat again.

tl;dr Keep things this way for a few more years and prepare to get your ass beat by UFC.
Is this just a hate on Miz thread? Or a WWE rant? You're all over the place. You say that the WWE can't haven't build a proper heel in the past 3 years yet you mention Barrett and to a certain extent cm punk, those guys were made in the past 3 years. You can hate on the miz all you want but he has been build right and is doing a great job atm.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
OMG liek ufc iz so kewl cus it has lieks blood nd stuff lol pg is 4 FAAAAGS go wtch ur hello kitty wretling

Believe it or not, you actually had a decent point. Until you got to that last paragraph.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this just a hate on Miz thread? Or a WWE rant? You're all over the place. You say that the WWE can't haven't build a proper heel in the past 3 years yet you mention Barrett and to a certain extent cm punk, those guys were made in the past 3 years. You can hate on the miz all you want but he has been build right and is doing a great job atm.

This is a rant. And I don't care about Miz, the only thing he was doing for the last year was make fun of states' football teams. How can I take him seriously when he looks like a fucking frog, also?

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OMG liek ufc iz so kewl cus it has lieks blood nd stuff lol pg is 4 FAAAAGS go wtch ur hello kitty wretling

Believe it or not, you actually had a decent point. Until you got to that last paragraph.
Nice job generalizing you loser. You probably fancy yourself as a funny and witty guy, huh?

Tell me what was wrong with the last paragraph. And since you like to make assumptions about UFC fans, do you even watch UFC yourself?

·
Registered
218 Posts
This is a rant. And I don't care about Miz, the only thing he was doing for the last year was make fun of states' football teams. How can I take him seriously when he looks like a fucking frog, also?
Sounds like you should have posted this in the 'Rants' section? :sad:

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
I don't get the big deal about UFC anyway.

Dana White does a terrible job of putting a card together or giving me any other reason to care about a match.

Go watch MMA, if it's so much better cause it has blood and all that shit.

As for you comments about The Miz, I fucking hate The Miz. But WWE has done a good job with him so far IMO. Did you not hear the frigging reaction last week when Lawler nearly got the damn belt? The fans hate Miz and the Miz is one of the few wrestlers these days that fan have a legit hatred towards and fans are just sitting waiting for the guy to lose the belt.

And all The Rock did as a heel was....the same damn thing. 90% of the times heels are unoriginal as all it really takes to be the bad guy is eat up the good guy and makes jokes about football teams. You're not supposed to take him seriously, that's his whole gimmick. He's a fluke champ!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't get the big deal about UFC anyway.

Dana White does a terrible job of putting a card together or giving me any other reason to care about a match.

Go watch MMA, if it's so much better cause it has blood and all that shit.

As for you comments about The Miz, I fucking hate The Miz. But WWE has done a good job with him so far IMO. Did you not hear the frigging reaction last week when Lawler nearly got the damn belt? The fans hate Miz and the Miz is one of the few wrestlers these days that fan have a legit hatred towards and fans are just sitting waiting for the guy to lose the belt.

Ugh, another person who thinks people watch UFC for blood. Fuck off, Dana White is going to make more money than Vince in 2 years if Vince keeps his product like this.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Nice job generalizing you loser. You probably fancy yourself as a funny and witty guy, huh?

Tell me what was wrong with the last paragraph. And since you like to make assumptions about UFC fans, do you even watch UFC yourself?
Nope, i only saw one match and its that time Fedor beat that big korean guy. I'm sure its fun but its just not for me. Then again this is a wrestling forum.

I'm sorry but this is probably the 6th anti PG thread this week atleast and eventually i kinda run low on witty remakrs to make. But next time i'll try harder, k bro?

The WWE isnt great, and there is no defending it the fact that the characters are mostly weak in the midcard, but you just mentioned Wade Barrett and Punk, both who have very much depth. Even the guy who your name is after, Cole, has a fantastic character. Even Miz, the man you loathe so very much, has a character. You dont have to like the son of a bitch but he does have one.

And when the current demographic does indeed grow up, wouldnt the product grow up too? Or does that make too much sense?

And Vince, makes bank. You factor in house shows, the international market and all that merchandise that his current demographic buys and you'll see he does pretty well for himself.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope, i only saw one match and its that time Fedor beat that big korean guy. I'm sure its fun but its just not for me. Then again this is a wrestling forum.

I'm sorry but this is probably the 6th anti PG thread this week atleast and eventually i kinda run low on witty remakrs to make. But next time i'll try harder, k bro?

The WWE isnt great, and there is no defending it the fact that the characters are mostly weak in the midcard, but you just mentioned Wade Barrett and Punk, both who have very much depth. Even the guy who your name is after, Cole, has a fantastic character. Even Miz, the man you loathe so very much, has a character. You dont have to like the son of a bitch but he does have one.

And when the current demographic does inded grow up, wouldnt the product grow up too? Or does that make too much sense?
Holy fucking shit show me the part where I mentioned PG in my original post. Show me the part where I said anything about blood being the reason wwe sucks. I fucking dare you. You are a fucking idiot.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
You know, there is no need for profanity.

As for the Pg thing, it wasnt explicitly said, but you mentioned demographic growing out of the product and UFC. Both clear indicators of you hating PG. I'm not gonna lie, you want real wrestling, thats what ROH and old wrestling DVDs from the territory days and WCW 1989-1993 is for.

And how was the situation any better in the year 2006?

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You know, there is no need for profanity.

As for the Pg thing, it wasnt explicitly said, but you mentioned demographic growing out of the product and UFC. Both clear indicators of you hating PG. I'm not gonna lie, you want real wrestling, thats what ROH and old wrestling DVDs from the territory days and WCW 1989-1993 is for.

And how was the situation any better in the year 2006?
pre 2006. Can you read? And how does the current demographic have anything to do with me hating PG. Lol how can you be so god damn dumb?

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
The current target demographic is kids below 13. AKA PG. UFC's target demo is males 13 and older. Hence, people outgrowing the current product and moving to on UFC as you put it. Despite the fact that they are two very different sports.

And seriously, cut it out with the intelligence insults.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Holy fucking shit show me the part where I mentioned PG in my original post. Show me the part where I said anything about blood being the reason wwe sucks. I fucking dare you. You are a fucking idiot.
pre 2006. Can you read? And how does the current demographic have anything to do with me hating PG. Lol how can you be so god damn dumb?
This is turning out to be quite an amusing thread :lmao

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The current target demographic is kids below 13. AKA PG. UFC's target demo is males 13 and older. Hence, people outgrowing the current product and moving to on UFC as you put it. Despite the fact that they are two very different sports.

And seriously, cut it out with the intelligence insults.
Ok, now did I say I hate PG? No. I merely mentioned it.

And maybe I would stop with the intelligent insults if you were intelligent.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
I dont see how the characters were any better previously really. Even in WWE's strongest period in the 80s, there were still only a few guys that actually stood out.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I dont see how the characters were any better previously really. Even in WWE's strongest period in the 80s, there were still only a few guys that actually stood out.
Actually the attitude era (not 98,99), 2000-2002 was the greatest period, and everyone on the roster was used. Fact.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts