Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....to return to the rapper gimmick (even if only for one night), but the Rock using phrases that he is known for upon his return is being moaned about. I've just being noticing, since the Rocks return, that so many posts condemn the Rock for being repetitive and that he has nothing new but when Cena used his rap persona ppl where hyping it and saying it was refreshing for him to do something he hadn't done for years. Just seems a little hypocritical.

· Registered
2,419 Posts
Well Cena has a rapper gimmick so he is not going to say the same thing every time. Don't know who is complaining that The Rock is being repetitive tho. I don't mind hearing his old catchphrases after 7 years of not hearing them.

· Registered
983 Posts
I can't think of a good reason to complain about The Rock using his old catchphrases. The Rock has only been back nearly a month.

It probably just comes down to now that The Rock has returned, the excitement has settled for some.

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These are all sensible replys, but, its the ppl who say all the Rock did was say some old catchphrases and then contradict themselves by defending Cena, saying the return of the rapper was refreshing thats confusing.

· Banned
2,204 Posts
Theres nothing that will keep people like us satisfied so we find the need to bitch often.
Actually there is. Never settle less than the best possible perfection or close to it. Not on family values, not religious values, not community values or enviromental values but the values in pretty much everything are in question nowadays, so we arent on the fast track to the ultimate goal.

· Premium Member
39,025 Posts
I'm not sure how this is even comparable at all.

Cena hasn't used his rap stuff for what? 4 to 5 years. It's a flashback moment and a MAJOR tweak from what we've seen from him. The Rock came out and did the exact same thing he did for YEARS in WWE and those are the exact promos he's remembered for with the exact same lines. There was little to know variation between this promo and a promo we would have seen 7 years ago. I'm not complaining, I was entertained, I'm just saying they aren't comparable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.