Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean we see this happen all the time in WWE. If a PPV fails to draw, the headlining superstar Cena/HHH/Rock/Punk are blamed for it both by the company and the fans. But why does this not happen in TNA?

Shouldnt the Superstars getting the big push deserve to be blamed for failing to captivate the audience?

·
Registered
21,634 Posts
The thing with TNA is that they are attempting to copy the WWE model of success rather than going in their own direction. This is a booking decision and not a talent choice, so when a show fails to impress it's the booking team who get the blame because they've not used the talent to their potential.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
If TNA was attempting to copy WWE, they would sign goldberg have him beat up AJ.

They realized future > ratings stunts.

Like hogan said they could easily give the belt to hardy and sell a shit load of merchandise but at what cost?

·
Banned
348 Posts
The thing with TNA is that they are attempting to copy the WWE model of success rather than going in their own direction. This is a booking decision and not a talent choice, so when a show fails to impress it's the booking team who get the blame because they've not used the talent to their potential.
WWE's model is Typical Pro-wrestling model of success. TNA is a pro-wrestling promtion, what else do you want them to do?

·
Registered
813 Posts
It's not the main event guys.
It's the mid card, and the booking of the mid card.
The mid card should be made up of mostly wrestlers not entertainers.
Those wrestlers should be wrestling not skits.

·
Registered
260 Posts
If TNA was attempting to copy WWE, they would sign goldberg have him beat up AJ.

They realized future > ratings stunts.

Like hogan said they could easily give the belt to hardy and sell a shit load of merchandise but at what cost?
they put the belt on hardy and it didn't change anything (well it produced the shortest main event in company history i guess but that trend didn't catch on).
also are you saying that hardy isn't selling a shit load of merchandise? i think he does and it really doesn't depend on him being champion or not, he's the biggest name there anyways.

and i'm pretty sure tna wishes they could sign goldberg.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Hmmm I think the whole "drawing" thing is massively overrated. First is the TNA is a small wrestling company, even "big time" draws like Jeff Hardy & Kurt Angle have been in their main events and the company still hasn't broken through. They have proven draws in Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan & Sting and the company STILL hasn't made a real impact (no pun intended).

If Hogan & Sting can't draw viewers how can you expect AJ Styles or Bobby Roode, who are not megastars or household names to?

TNA is just a small brand and they do small brand business, regardless of the talent.

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
Build up Magnus and A Double and see the ratings rise, unlike Roode those guys have charisma and can carry the company to the next level, especially Magnus who owns guys like Sheamus/Roode/Storm/CM Punk/Orton in marketabillity and talent. He could be TNAs Cena if TNA had any brains. The last guy I remember that was this talented at his age was The Rock. A real potential future GOAT if he gets pushed right and the only guy that can actually push ratings to a whole new high. WWE should be begging for him to join, and TNA should be doing the same for allowing him to push him.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Build up Magnus and A Double and see the ratings rise, unlike Roode those guys have charisma and can carry the company to the next level, especially Magnus who owns guys like Sheamus/Roode/Storm/CM Punk/Orton in marketabillity and talent. He could be TNAs Cena if TNA had any brains. The last guy I remember that was this talented at his age was The Rock. A real potential future GOAT if he gets pushed right and the only guy that can actually push ratings to a whole new high. WWE should be begging for him to join, and TNA should be doing the same for allowing him to push him.
I like both of them but how do you know if the casuals will?

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
I like both of them but how do you know if the casuals will?
Because when 3 years ago, when I just started rewatching wrestling the guys that stood out to me were Hardy, Cena, Orton, Batista and Jeff Hardy, the top 5 guys that I did not know of before and they were the top 5 guys in that era excluding old guys I knew before, and ironically when it came to TNA the guys that stood out to me were Christian, Angle and AJ Styles, all top draws so obviously my taste is pretty much mainstream. Magnus and Aries are simply TV made guys, they have characters and personalities among charisma. When you see guys like these, you simply know they have what it takes to become popular.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Because when 3 years ago, when I just started rewatching wrestling the guys that stood out to me were Hardy, Cena, Orton, Batista and Jeff Hardy, the top 5 guys that I did not know of before and they were the top 5 guys in that era excluding old guys I knew before, and ironically when it came to TNA the guys that stood out to me were Christian, Angle and AJ Styles, all top draws so obviously my taste is pretty much mainstream. Magnus and Aries are simply TV made guys, they have characters and personalities among charisma. When you see guys like these, you simply know they have what it takes to become popular.
fpalm

None of them drew in TNA.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
I like how people say "if wrestler A is in the main event the ratings will rise"

Everyone said the same about Storm/Roode and they are exactly in the same place.

It's not a question of product anymore, it's about spike and TNA lack of advertisement.

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
fpalm

None of them drew in TNA.
Yeah, cause 1.2-1.3 is not drawing in TNAs environment with less financinal possibilities. AJ could have drawn 1.5s or more with proper booking until now. Roode and Storm are not even remotely on AJs level so I don't see how your statement holds power, it's like comparing D Bryan to Dolph Ziggler and Cody Rhodes.

·
Registered
721 Posts
People always shit on TNA but lets compare the people being built up to be future stars for TNA to WWE -

TNA - Austin Aries, Brutus Magnus, Crimson, Gunner.

WWE - ???????????????????

Those are the 4 people TNA is grooming to be the next people they buildup following James Storm/Bobby Roode... Who the fuck is WWE building up? Brodus Clay? Ryback? Both will be released in 2 years..... TNA is building for the future and for years we have begged a company to do that, WWE has not built a star since Sheamus and before that CM Punk/Randy Orton. They have built 3 stars in the past half of a decade.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Yeah, cause 1.2-1.3 is not drawing in TNAs environment with less financinal possibilities. AJ could have drawn 1.5s or more with proper booking until now. Roode and Storm are not even remotely on AJs level so I don't see how your statement holds power, it's like comparing D Bryan to Dolph Ziggler and Cody Rhodes.
I don't know which side is which for your Daniel Bryan comparison but Dolph Ziggler is surely on Daniel Bryans level right about now, Cody Rhodes is a distant third for that.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
If WWE struggles with brock lesnar and The freaking ROCK. How in the hell is any new talent going to draw in TNA?

The wrestling audience from the 90's is gone, wrestling isn't "cool" anymore.

·
Registered
721 Posts
If WWE struggles with brock lesnar and The freaking ROCK. How in the hell is any new talent going to draw in TNA?

The wrestling audience from the 90's is gone, wrestling isn't "cool" anymore.
I am in college and my brother is in high school and it is surely "cool" to watch wrestling since Brock returned. Although pretty much every kid just shits on absolutely everything that WWE does and only watches Brock, but can you blame them? You have fucking Brodus Clay dancing around like an idiot.

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
I don't know which side is which for your Daniel Bryan comparison but Dolph Ziggler is surely on Daniel Bryans level right about now, Cody Rhodes is a distant third for that.
Are you honestly saying Dolph Ziggler and Cody Rhodes are on AJs level? I like those two guys, but LOL, they are like indy jobbers next to him. If they came to TNA they would be just another good talent, however if AJ went to WWE he would get massive chants, and maybe even "TNA TNA TNA" chants from the get go and et pushed over most of Vince's pet projects. He's the biggest star in TNA history, the only guy that can go toe to toe with D Bryan and even outperform him which means he's the best wrestler in the world, one of my personal big three in A Double/D Bryan/ AJ Styles and he could draw massive merch with his hood to kiddies and massive PPV buyrates to adult fans and kiddies alike. One of the few legit wrestling stars in todays enviroment.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Are you honestly saying Dolph Ziggler and Cody Rhodes are on AJs level? I like those two guys, but LOL, they are like indy jobbers next to him. If they came to TNA they would be just another good talent, however if AJ went to WWE he would get massive chants, and maybe even "TNA TNA TNA" chants from the get go and et pushed over most of Vince's pet projects. He's the biggest star in TNA history, the only guy that can go toe to toe with D Bryan and even outperform him which means he's the best wrestler in the world, one of my personal big three in A Double/D Bryan/ AJ Styles and he could draw massive merch with his hood to kiddies and massive PPV buyrates to adult fans and kiddies alike. One of the few legit wrestling stars in todays enviroment.
You marking way too hard for AJ, I'm a big fan too but he doesn't have that casual fan appeal.

·
Registered
721 Posts
If you look at my name you would see how much I am enamored by AJ Styles. He may not be the biggest, but he is the best, wrestling star of the past decade. You are vastly underselling Ziggler however, he is not an indy jobber next to AJ/Aries/Bryan, he may not be on their level but no one else in the world besides HBK and Jericho is, Ziggler is the best WWECreation since FCW exclusively became the developmental territory, Ziggler has a retarded wrestling name but he truly is ultra-charismatic and excellent in the ring, he has what it takes to be a legitimate main event star aswell.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts