Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may find this hard to explain but here goes.

I love HHH I love what he has done in the past and I love what he is doing now! and he is making the WWE very interesting.

But I can't help but feel that HHH is taking to much attention from the other guys, for example been the first person to turn up the WWE and make himself great with the fans, and basically putting himself first, and been jobbed by 56 Wrestlers,TV Guys, Commentators, Referees.

I mean this from a kayfabe point of view a real life point a view that for me HHH has had his turn in the passed and I thought he couldn't get more over if he tried, but instead I just felt it was abit strange that in multiple episodes of RAW HHH has been a total BABYFACE, and strange that the creative teams and guys in suites decided it was right to have HHH put infront of the entire roster.

And reminds me of interviews I have seen of Billy Gunn and Road Dogg basically saying that HHH is selfish and rarely puts anyone else over but always likes to put himself over.

Once again a reminder that I am a big fan of HHH, And love what he is doing now I just thought it was a bit strange the way certain things have happened .

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
He's a young kid getting his break in the business. Leave him be.

. . .

but for real I thought he was Mr "Break in case of emergency"? What was the emergency?
Because he is playing a huge role that no one else can fill.
Yeah. But why's he playing that role. Why did they write his character into the story if he was meant to be the emergency guy?

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Many people on here have been lamenting the lack of genuine stars on the roster over the last few years since the departure of Batista, Michaels, Undertaker, Jericho, etc, and Trips provides A-grade star power. I have no problem with him being the focus of the show. I'd say he's back for the Road to WrestleMania. He's also getting Punk over with the more casual fan base.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,792 Posts
He's just That Damned Good and it's about time he was given some primary focus again. The ratings display that many fans have grown tired of Cena if he's not engaged in some kind of hyper-involving storyline or program, Miz can draw well but he's still maturing, and guys like Punk and Del Rio are still being built up to varying degrees.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I think Triple H is trying to show the young kids how it is done. In all seriousness, everyone thinks Triple H is doing this for himself, but I really think he's showing the young hungry lockeroom how to get over. I mean seriously, think about it, how would HHH hogging the spotlight advantage him, he's already big enough. You literally can't get any bigger than The Game. Like stated in the past, the WWE are in a bad situation, and creating stars is becoming a problem. I think Triple H is showing them how it's done, in order for them to learn and eventually take over. Yes, Triple H becoming the centre of this storyline has effected CM Punk's new rebellion gimmick, but once this is all done, CM Punk will most likely return to his original definite character, and a lot more younger superstars, like Dolph Ziggler, will be getting that push in which they truly deserve.

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
I think Triple H is trying to show the young kids how it is done. In all seriousness, everyone thinks Triple H is doing this for himself, but I really think he's showing the young hungry lockeroom how to get over. I mean seriously, think about it, how would HHH hogging the spotlight advantage him, he's already big enough. You literally can't get any bigger than The Game. Like stated in the past, the WWE are in a bad situation, and creating stars is becoming a problem. I think Triple H is showing them how it's done, in order for them to learn and eventually take over. Yes, Triple H becoming the centre of this storyline has effected CM Punk's new rebellion gimmick, but once this is all done, CM Punk will most likely return to his original definite character, and a lot more younger superstars, like Dolph Ziggler, will be getting that push in which they truly deserve.

fpalm

Its none of that. Its because of the Ratings.

john cena no longer draws as he used to, his segments are even losing viewers & he is getting booed every where he goes, people are just sick of him.

SO The only way they can keep the ratings up is by using HHH & the COO storyline.

Its vince mcmahon doing it & its working as for as the ratings are concerned.

·
Registered
826 Posts
fpalm

Its none of that. Its because of the Ratings.

john cena no longer draws as he used to, his segments are even losing viewers & he is getting booed every where he goes, people are just sick of him.

SO The only way they can keep the ratings up is by using HHH & the COO storyline.

Its vince mcmahon doing it & its working as for as the ratings are concerned.
Maybe so, but I still think Triple H is trying to help talents getting over. The WWE are finding it hard to make stars and Triple H is the perfect man to help make them. I mean look at Dolph Ziggler, done him wonders this storyline has, as far as character development is concerned. This storyline has opened up many eyes, thanks to Triple H. Look at Awesome Truth. I mean yeah, Miz was over even before this storyline, but what was The Miz doing after losing the WWE title? Basically, losing a PPV match to Alex Riley, who isn't on TV anymore. So, whether he's helping out the ratings, or people think he is just hogging the spotlight, he's also helping wrestlers getting over, whether you like it or not.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Because there is a huge lack of star-power and recognisable names, hopefully it'll lead to him giving somebody (preferably Punk) a massive rub sooner or later by going over him clean
^ I am glad someone sees what I am seeing.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts