Wrestling Forum banner

Why is everyone so worried about the Shields image?

998 11
They are still being booked like badasses. They have gotten their asses kicked to further the current feud. Yet cause Cena is in one picture with them people are worried they are gonna start doing 3 amigo jokes and ambrose is gonna do hysterical jumping like Xpac. Hell its not like they are leading a yes chant with Bryan.

So whats the big deal again?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Banned
3,897 Posts
Because its freaking coming. That Cena thing was only the start. According to wwe as a face you have to be a ned flanders clone. Thats not what made the shield populair. Thats not what made Austin populair. They would get more cheers if they tripple powerbombed cena after that.

· Registered
1,809 Posts
Cena = kiss of death

Luckily it's off tv but when this bum starts sucking popularity from the most over people(unless they're a legend) there's little chance of recovery. The face of the company is getting the rub from the young talent. How backwards is that? Also, why is he putting his fist in?

· Banned
5,812 Posts
That was a dark segment after they had a match together. Nothing like that is going to happen on TV anytime soon unless The Shield re-ignite their feud with the Wyatts after Mania which might be pretty good actually, especially considering Extreme Rules is the next PPV.

Even if The Shield do end up coming to the aid of Cena i imagine it is just purely for their hatred of the Wyatts. I don't think WWE is going to have them making goofy jokes and having Cena fist bump them on TV.

· Registered
1,809 Posts
No one complained in 2005 when HBK was doing Hogan posing did they? And would you be furious if they were doing yes with bryan or bryan was the one putting his fist in?
I wouldn't because its not a regular occurrence with those guys. Since this year's road to Wrestlemania Cena has attached himself to Hogan, Undertaker(off tv), and now Shield(off tv). Doesn't benefit anyone but Cena.

· Registered
3,356 Posts
Because supposedly once you start to ally with Cena you automatically become uncool. :punk2

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.