Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Banned
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont get it, many of you wanted to see Kane win for years and now he finally wins and you all say its become stale and boring and I am not even talking about the Kane haters its some of the kane fans who want to see it end.

You guys are never happy. People who post on here like "The Monsters Boss" a big Kane fan who wants Kanes title reign to end now. I say let Kane be champ a few more months cause I guarantee once he loses it, ur all gunna be complaining a few months down the road saying its the same people in the main event and would want Kane to win it back.

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
It probably seemed like a good idea at the time (not for me) but now they've sat through one of the most boring world championship reigns ever they've changed their opinion.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Well, well, KanesBackinAction. I should've known.

I was sure you got Moron'd.

Anyway, it's because Kane is slower and less capable now, and should be enhancement talent, in our eyes. His push should've come when he was still awesome (anywhere from 1997 - 2001) or instead of the Katie Vick travesty, because that face Kane was bloody refreshing and awesome. The Lilian kiss was spectacularly hilarious.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I dont get it, many of you wanted to see Kane win for years and now he finally wins and you all say its become stale and boring and I am not even talking about the Kane haters its some of the kane fans who want to see it end.

You guys are never happy. People who post on here like "The Monsters Boss" a big Kane fan who wants Kanes title reign to end now. I say let Kane be champ a few more months cause I guarantee once he loses it, ur all gunna be complaining a few months down the road saying its the same people in the main event and would want Kane to win it back.
IWC, brother! It hates everything that achieves success.

Reactions: Sgt Lampshade

·
I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
767 Posts
I think Kane becoming World Heavyweight Champion has been one of the highlights of the year for me.

I really hope he retains it against Edge this Sunday, I want him to hold it a little while longer, I find him extremely entertaining.

But as for people who wanted Kane to be champion and have now changed their mind, that's the IWC for you. Majority of people don't know what they want.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
oh fucking bulls in Rome, there's so much IWC self-criticism in here my skull hurts.

instead of just chalking it up to "that's the IWC! lol" i'll try and actually explain it.

it could be because the reign they wanted for all those years has pretty much sucked. i honestly did give it a chance but it hasn't done anything relatively interesting besides some decent Kane promos.

or, and most of the people i think are in this category, we never wanted to see Kane hold the WHC in 2010. i don't want to see The Undertaker hold the belt in 2010 either. their times are up.

·
Banned
3,560 Posts
Rawlin gets it spot on. I wanted him as champion but it hasn't been a good reign, that's why the IWC hasn't enjoyed it. It seemed to start off okay and it was mostly positive but its slowly evolving into a negative. He's not too good at promos or ring work and his promos have actually been exactly the same. I know people say Jericho and The Miz did repetitive promos but Kane takes it to a whole new level.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I think his reign is fairly decent. I thought he's put his feud with Taker over very well and has been fantastic on the mic. People can say he should have been champ in his peak but to be honest I think this is his peak, in terms of ability.

In 2001 or so he was very limited, despite having such a better and more indimidating image, he couldn't just cut a promo like he does now because of his mask. Not to mention he's never been that good in the ring no matter what age he is so I don't think it's age that affects his in ring work. I'm a fan of his reign, the only issue I have with Kane is that he isn't that great in the ring and just isn't good enough to main event PPV matches, no matter what age he is.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Because this reign could have been given to someone who is actually capable of being entertaining such as ADR, CM Punk, etc.
Kane doesn't really need the title, and he shouldn't hold it, he sucks big time at the moment.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I think his reign is fairly decent. I thought he's put his feud with Taker over very well and has been fantastic on the mic. People can say he should have been champ in his peak but to be honest I think this is his peak, in terms of ability.

In 2001 or so he was very limited, despite having such a better and more indimidating image, he couldn't just cut a promo like he does now because of his mask. Not to mention he's never been that good in the ring no matter what age he is so I don't think it's age that affects his in ring work. I'm a fan of his reign, the only issue I have with Kane is that he isn't that great in the ring and just isn't good enough to main event PPV matches, no matter what age he is.
This.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Well his Reign bassicly is Kane vs Taker, and it was done well and all, good Promos but it has been done so many times...and so much extremer cause they were younger and they also were allowed to do Crazy stuff, i forgot to Count how many times they burned each other and stuff, and Mankind and SCSA and other Guys were always mixed to it.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Because to me, his title reign is one of the most tedious things I've seen on Smackdown in quite some time. There is nothing about Kane which appeals to me. His promos are all the same and pretty boring, his feuds don't seem to be great and he's slow/plodding in the ring meaning we don't even get good PPV matches. In fact his PPV series with Undertaker have been the worst title matches I've seen in a good couple of years.

Get the title off him please.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
this reign is over 8 years too late

and honestly, can you say with a straight face that this is the era of Kane?

didn't think so

·
Premium Member
44,198 Posts
Let me count the ways

1) Kane's character fizzled out a long time ago. He's not the future or even the present and I would have thought that would have been obvious to the WWE back in like 2007 when he was putting over the likes of Khali, Umaga, Batista, and other monster types.

2) He's not as good as he once was physically. Look at Kane in 2002, and look him now. Then....Now....Then....Now. See the difference? The cut was ripped back in the day and looked great. Now he looks like a blobby bald man. I'm not saying he's fat, but he isn't nearly as defined as he used to be and the look just isn't there.

3) This is more a knock on Undertaker, but it really pisses me off that The Dead Man will put CM Punk in the grave when Punk was the hottest thing on the planet following his feud with Hardy, but he'll put over a guy that fizzled out before he did. Yeah. Fuck you Dead Man!

4) The storylines surrounding this title reign have been ridiculous. The vegetative state bit was horrible. Why? Because everyone and their grandmother knew it was Kane, yet they stretched it out for a couple months. It was this constant repetitive process of them asking a question we already knew the answer too. It was stupid. And then once Taker comes back and SURPRISE SURPRISE, it was Kane who did it, now we get a stupid feud revolving around stealing The Undertaker's magical powers. Who the fuck wrote this? This stealing magic powers crap was dumb in 1994-95. Why on Earth would it work now? And furthermore, I'm sick of the rehashing. Paul Bearer comes back and aligns with Kane over Taker. Seen it. Kane attackd Taker to put him out of action. Seen it. Kane buries Undertaker alive to put him out of action leading to Wrestlemania. Uh.....SEEN IT!!!! Hell, they are even doing a Paul Bearer kidnapping storyline which has been done before (if this results in a fucking Concrete Crypt match, I will blow a gasket). There is nothing original going on with the characters of Kane, Taker, & Bearer, and everything just feels like a lame rehash. Doesn't really make for a great main event centerpiece to focus the story on.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Simple answer: it's boring.

Reactions: Poueff

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Let me count the ways

1) Kane's character fizzled out a long time ago. He's not the future or even the present and I would have thought that would have been obvious to the WWE back in like 2007 when he was putting over the likes of Khali, Umaga, Batista, and other monster types.

2) He's not as good as he once was physically. Look at Kane in 2002, and look him now. Then....Now....Then....Now. See the difference? The cut was ripped back in the day and looked great. Now he looks like a blobby bald man. I'm not saying he's fat, but he isn't nearly as defined as he used to be and the look just isn't there.

3) This is more a knock on Undertaker, but it really pisses me off that The Dead Man will put CM Punk in the grave when Punk was the hottest thing on the planet following his feud with Hardy, but he'll put over a guy that fizzled out before he did. Yeah. Fuck you Dead Man!

4) The storylines surrounding this title reign have been ridiculous. The vegetative state bit was horrible. Why? Because everyone and their grandmother knew it was Kane, yet they stretched it out for a couple months. It was this constant repetitive process of them asking a question we already knew the answer too. It was stupid. And then once Taker comes back and SURPRISE SURPRISE, it was Kane who did it, now we get a stupid feud revolving around stealing The Undertaker's magical powers. Who the fuck wrote this? This stealing magic powers crap was dumb in 1994-95. Why on Earth would it work now? And furthermore, I'm sick of the rehashing. Paul Bearer comes back and aligns with Kane over Taker. Seen it. Kane attackd Taker to put him out of action. Seen it. Kane buries Undertaker alive to put him out of action leading to Wrestlemania. Uh.....SEEN IT!!!! Hell, they are even doing a Paul Bearer kidnapping storyline which has been done before (if this results in a fucking Concrete Crypt match, I will blow a gasket). There is nothing original going on with the characters of Kane, Taker, & Bearer, and everything just feels like a lame rehash. Doesn't really make for a great main event centerpiece to focus the story on.
Yeah. I agree with every point made here. As I said, I wanted earlier incarnations of Kane as champ, not this one. I will concede however that his promos have been good, if a little samey as weeks progressed.

But the whole thing is otherwise tired out, and has already been done a million times beofre. The best part of it was ultimately the Bearer return, and now even that's been done before with the whole kidnapping thing. Even if it had to result in an Inferno match between Kane and Taker ... already been done.

Not to mention Kane who was fairly agile for a man his size, is now pretty slow. Same applies to the Undertaker, who was possibly the most agile wrestler of his size. While Taker's still got it, he keeps needing 3 months here and 4 months there to recuperate. Plus Edge who is a little younger yes, is also on the slow-down now. Why they can't put a face Punk or hell, even Kofi Kingston in Edge's place is beyond me.

And those people saying "Welcome to the IWC" like it's some kind of big sarcastic point aimed at changing us ... but criticising the business because we care about it is exactly why this forum exists. We complain about what we don't like, and compliment the good.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
People watched him vs the Undertaker and if that doesn't make you want a title change, I don't know what would. To be fair, no one could predict those matches would be that terrible and boring. I knew they would be bad, but not that bad.

·
Premium Member
44,198 Posts
My only real knock on Edge is that he's a guy that's had the belt 9 or 10 times and when you've had it that many times, one has to wonder "Does it matter if he gets it again or not?"

However, I'll gladly take him over Kane at this point. Nobody else on SD is really credible enough to be World Champ (again, blame falls on WWE Creative for that) so they might as well go with what they know can work in Edge.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I certainly don't hate his reign, though nostalgia is definitely a large part of enjoying it. I always find it weird that noone seems to consider that when loads of the IWC are clamouring for something to happen (e.g. Kane world heavyweight champion) then load of ppl complain when it does happen, its (mainly) different people who never wanted it in the first place.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts